Has Project Eternity been silently delayed?

I'm pretty sure that they will have it cranked out by 2014.If they don't I won't have anything good to play.

Transistor.

Perhaps you are talking about a different Transistor, but a futuristic Diablo doesn't look appealing to me.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I don't expect any Kickstarter project I've backed to be released on the release date given on the Kickstarter page, not a single one.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

In this video, Adam Brennecke says that the game is planned for release in "Summer 2014". As far as I'm aware, the month of April is not typically considered to be a summer month.

They are limited to the budget collected with the kickstarter campaign so I wouldn't worry too much about delays. Delaying a game means spending more money in wages, consumptions (electricity), and other costs. They probably can't afford it.

If they really wanted to make a stellar product and they needed more time to do that they could ask the banks money. In that case they would be able to delay the release significantly. But i don't think it is probable.

Who's worrying? I'm asking, not worrying. As for budget, I believe Obsidian have enough of it for a short delay, plus they might have additional revenue streams coming in (see: Russian MMO)

Edited by Infinitron

Aren't all games silently delayed? Some small degree of that is kind of expected in development.

It's a bit like trying to hit the most distant target you're able to with an arrow on a mildly windy day.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

So long as it's released in 2014, I'll be satisfied.  I'd much rather that the good folks at Obsidian take their time and release a relatively bug-free cRPG than insist upon shoving something out the door that still needs another 10 weeks of work because of problems related to "feature bloat".

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

@NerdBoner

That must be a mighty big closet or things might be getting a bit intimate eww

I'm pretty sure there are now people writing J.E. Sawyer/Tim Cain/Chris Avellone erotic fanfiction as we speak. Type. Whatever.

Speaking... (you know what I mean,) of whatever, that's my reaction to fears of delays/actual delays. I never had any tentative release date in my knowledge when I contributed, I'm satisfied to play the game when it's done. Better late and finished than early and unfinished.

Edited by AGX-17

Maybe we should start a forum pool for when the game will actually be officially available/released.

Dibs on Friday, June 13th, 2014!  :biggrin: 

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't expect any Kickstarter project I've backed to be released on the release date given on the Kickstarter page, not a single one.

I actually got one early. That blew me away. ;)

I don't typically pay close attention to these things, but I wonder what the most popular times are for game releases. October-November seems like a hot time to me, to compete for the holiday shopping season. 

@LadyCrimson: Prizes? :dancing:

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

I'm pretty sure that they will have it cranked out by 2014.If they don't I won't have anything good to play.

Transistor.

Perhaps you are talking about a different Transistor, but a futuristic Diablo doesn't look appealing to me.

If Transistor is anything like Bastion, then the game won't play anything like Diablo despite both games being action RPGs.

Maybe we should start a forum pool for when the game will actually be officially available/released.

I call Monday night at midnight, July 8, after Friday's July 4th launch party weekend.  :woot: There will be booze. And hot dogs. 

I am totally going to buy P:E at launch, even though I pledged for digital and hard copies. I'll gift the other code and lovingly caress the boxed version--er, I mean, you know, put it on display with KOTOR2, et. al. I like physical media.  :geek:

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

There was a betting thread for Grim Dawn Alpha. Someone got the date right IIRC

if they need to push it back, fine, whatever.  But if I wake up and it is late November 2014 and the game still isn't out I am going to scratch my chin and wonder why.  If April 2015 gets here and it isn't out yet I am going to come here and quite vocally complain about it.

It is a top down isometric view real time with pause RPG using Unity Engine.  It shouldn't take more than 2 years to make.

Edited by Karkarov

i will try to have a prophetic dream about the release date tonight and post the results tomorrow

• Like 1

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

from the sounds of the Rezzed presentation with Chris Avalone it sounds like they might have 1-2 more weeks for vertical slice, then they'll get into actual production of the game. From there there are several methods that can be used to create the game. One method is called sprints and the company does 4-6 week mini goals which might be zone by zone, or it might be tackling things like all the armor for one class, then the next sprint would do the next race's armor, etc. Another method I've seen used is more like how Amish towns are built in days as everyone tackles one thing at a time and many hands make light work. The other way I've seen is similar to the first method that gets the game to about 80% polish, and then the last 3 months polishes stuff off. I have no idea how long a game like this takes to make, but I suspect it's crazy easier than some other games. The hardest part is the dungeons are customized and some stuff is still being made as they progress. At least with the advance of technology the down time is way less than it used to be. I was just looking at a 3d scene I created about 3.5 yrs ago in College and it took me 2.5 hrs to render one HD frame. Now it takes about 25-30 min to render the same scene because technology is that much faster. I think the first few months might be kind of slow, but after that things will zip on through and I expect it should be done by this time next yr certainly.

i didnt have any luck with the release date, but i saw spiders... lots of spiders

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I wouldn't be surprised or upset if they pushed back the release date of Project Eternity.

In fact I hope they do if it helps the game be more coherent and polished.

For instance Larian Studios has decided to push pack their latest game Dragon Commander (twice I think) to incoporate all the suggestions and AI fixes that have taken longer than hoped for. Of course they tend to be perfectionists so I am not surprised. Also I believe they also pushed (or will have pushed) back D:OS especially with all the funds from the KS campaign to incorporate all the backer items (summon names/background, messages, etc.)

So in short, as long as the pushing back of release dates isn't like ... ahem.. Duke Nukem Forever.. ahem.. I am fine with it.

See, they should just put "Sometime in 2027" on the Kickstarter campaign. Then, even if it takes 'em 'til 2015 to pump it out, everyone'll be all "WOW! That's TWELVE YEARS ahead of schedule! 8D!"

Then, the media can spin that all around. "14-Year Game Releases In Just Over 2!"

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

BioWare taught me the value of patience. I don't want to see another Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3 or Duke Nukem. I can wait a year longer if the game needs so.

Dragon Age. Devleopment 2003-2009. Quality = Garbage.

Diablo 3. Development 200?-2012. Quality = Garbage.

Not necessarily :p

• Like 2

BioWare taught me the value of patience. I don't want to see another Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3 or Duke Nukem. I can wait a year longer if the game needs so.

Dragon Age. Devleopment 2003-2009. Quality = Garbage.

Diablo 3. Development 200?-2012. Quality = Garbage.

Not necessarily :p

ha that reminds me that most of the people who loved dragon age 2, loved it for the combat system... i really cant believe that the part of the game that was ruined the most, is actualy the only plus that those who dont hate the game 100% find as the redeeming quality

-Teknoman2-