Introducing Vault-Tec Vaults... for real

Guard Dog

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/developer-kan-caverns-could-preserve-human-race

I love this part:

Vicino says he won't say specifically where the Indiana shelter or any of his smaller facilities are located because he fears there would be anarchy in the event of a world-changing catastrophe.

And it doesn't matter who comes knocking at the "moment of truth," Vicino said, they're probably not getting in.

"I've heard people say, 'I will just show up at the door,'" he said. "Our response is, 'great, where is the door?' At our secret shelters, you don't know where to go, and your cash will be worthless at that time."

If you knew the world was about to be devastated by a meteor for example, would you even want to survive it? I think I'd just drive to ground zero ahead of time, open a bottle of the best bourbon I could find and toast the end of the world with all the other like minded folks who will be there.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've always been of the position that hating survival is something one can only do if one survives. As is learning to like it.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Not that it makes much difference over here. Even our nuclear shelters for government officials were rubbish.

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Not that it makes much difference over here. Even our nuclear shelters for government officials were rubbish.

That's true. They were somehow scarier than the war itself. An administration which thought those shelters were adequate...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/developer-kan-caverns-could-preserve-human-race

I love this part:

Vicino says he won't say specifically where the Indiana shelter or any of his smaller facilities are located because he fears there would be anarchy in the event of a world-changing catastrophe.

And it doesn't matter who comes knocking at the "moment of truth," Vicino said, they're probably not getting in.

"I've heard people say, 'I will just show up at the door,'" he said. "Our response is, 'great, where is the door?' At our secret shelters, you don't know where to go, and your cash will be worthless at that time."

If you knew the world was about to be devastated by a meteor for example, would you even want to survive it? I think I'd just drive to ground zero ahead of time, open a bottle of the best bourbon I could find and toast the end of the world with all the other like minded folks who will be there.

I like the idea, but I read no mention of the type of PC infrastructure they plan to have? How will we play our games and browse the Internet? Will we still have access to the Obsidian forums? I don't think they have properly thought things through

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Ah, surviving might just be more trouble than it worth. What if you came out and there are giant super mutants with automatic weapons running around everywhere? Besides, my luck the water purifier will crap put and they would send me out to look for a replacement part for it. And of course THAT will wind up being a lot more complicated than a simple trip to Radio Shack or the Hub or something.

You know, that might make a pretty good story. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell