Has Anyone Watched Fringe?

i recently started watching a show called Fringe, and so far i am blown away by it. i am in the middle of season four, and it isn't as interesting season one, but that is because the secret was still in the "Box" as JJ Abrams put it.  anyways i wanted to hear the communities thoughts on the show.

ANIME!!!!!

The first few episodes were atrocious, it had good potential which luckily didn't go to waste. Once every character found their place in the dynamics of the group it significantly improved. I do feel like Walter carries most of the show sometimes. 

• Like 2
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I wasn't really impressed by it.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The first few episodes were atrocious, it had good potential which luckily didn't go to waste. Once every character found their place in the dynamics of the group it significantly improved. I do feel like Walter carries most of the show sometimes. 

yeah, the actor who plays as walter is fantastic. the subtle emotions he expresses, like when he is in emotional pain his expression looks like he really in pain. oh did you notice that the actor who plays as walter, played in Lord of the Rings as Denethor II the Steward of Gondor.

ANIME!!!!!

Tried a few episodes once ... couldn't get into it for some reason. But these days I usually have to sit down and watch a whole first season during a weekend before I can figure out if I like something, and I just don't have the energy to do that too often. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Tried a few episodes once ... couldn't get into it for some reason. But these days I usually have to sit down and watch a whole first season during a weekend before I can figure out if I like something, and I just don't have the energy to do that too often. :)

if you give it a chance and watch all of season one, you might like it, and the show has been completed (thankfully it wasn't canceled with season 3) four twenty-three episode seasons is more than enough content to finish the story. hell most anime don't get past twelve/thirteen episodes these days.

ANIME!!!!!

Walter literally was central to pretty much all of the major threads in the show including a lot of the human storylines like his relationship with his son. Fringe arguably was his story, not to detract from the other characters or actors though who were all wonderful.

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

i recently started watching a show called Fringe, and so far i am blown away by it. i am in the middle of season four, and it isn't as interesting season one, but that is because the secret was still in the "Box" as JJ Abrams put it.  anyways i wanted to hear the communities thoughts on the show.

Yes Fringe is excellent, I have watched all seasons. I assumed this was a common and popular TV series that everyone had watched?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes Fringe is excellent, I have watched all seasons. I assumed this was a common and popular TV series that everyone had watched?

I loved it from start to finish but apparently it's popularity was waning towards the end which is why the last series and the whole invasion plotline was rushed. I heard some theory that people started watching it on Hulu more than on television because it clashed with other popular shows (which has apparently killed a couple of really good shows now ike Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles) because of loss of advertisement revenue or something.

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 1

I loved it from start to finish but apparently it's popularity was waning towards the end which is why the last series and the whole invasion plotline was rushed. I heard some theory that people started watching it on Hulu more than on television because it clashed with other popular shows (which has apparently killed a couple of really good shows now ike Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles) because of loss of advertisement revenue or something.

Yeah the last season was great " The Observers "

I liked the way they used previous fringe science experiments to fight them :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Walter literally was central to pretty much all of the major threads in the show including a lot of the human storylines like his relationship with his son. Fringe arguably was his story, not to detract from the other characters or actors though who were all wonderful.

yeah, the story arcs where he is trying to repair the relationship with his son, and him trying to get over the pain and guilt for stealing peter and destroying the fabric of two dimensions. the actor is very expressionate in showing this pain, especially in the eyes.

• Like 1

ANIME!!!!!

Personally I hated the first episode, and disliked the main female lead.

So didn't watch beyond that.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

No, I personally favour short and tidy hair.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

What!? How can anyone dislike Anna Torv?

Not the actress, the character.  Olivia. 

No real opinion on the actress as I've seen her in a grand totality of one episode of a television show I didn't like.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yeah it's a slow start and it doesn't ever get to be like the X files but all in all it becomes a nice show. Maybe it's one of those you get into after a while and on an unrelated note, have I told you how much I love your avatars? :wub:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah it's a slow start and it doesn't ever get to be like the X files but all in all it becomes a nice show. Maybe it's one of those you get into after a while and on an unrelated note, have I told you how much I love your avatars? :wub:

A lot of people like it; but for whatever reason that first episode really rubbed me the wrong way.

Thanks for the avatar complements. :)

But now there's pressure to maintain a high standard... :(

Yeah, that's a bitchin' fro.

...and from a pretty good movie too (1974's voodoo-revenge film, Sugar Hill)

It says something about my social life, but I always tried to keep the Fringe time slot free of other activities.  I miss that show like I miss Farscape and Babylon 5.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

The first episode isn't really representative of the show. The dynamic between characters isnt really properly established until Olivia starts getting over her fiance. Like halfway through season 1. Get that far and it was one of the best shows on TV.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...