I am not certain if this has been asked, I have been looking through the known information provided, and was really curious. Will Project Eternity allow us to create our own persistent worlds, much like Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2? My main reason for asking is that, I have been playing a lot on a Planescape server in NwN 2 and getting a new system that would allow new players/builders/modders to bring these worlds to life would certainly strike my fancy.

Having a robust system that allows players to create their own worlds would also increase the lifespan of the game itself, heck there are people still consistently logging on Neverwinter Nights 1 to play on the custom roleplay servers today.

Now I know it may not always be feasible, especially since multiplayer can really be a drain on resources, but I just think giving a new system and toolset to work with would allow for more of these types of servers to take hold, there are a lot of talented people out there. Would love to hear other's thoughts on this, especially should any developers wish to respond.

Thank you for your time.

Persistent worlds and a toolset akin to what NWN had, would be great.

It is worth remembereing though, that NWN had what was possibly the most generic and utterly boring OC ever. HOTU was a fair expansion, but still not really good. So the amazing toolset, and the multiplayer part came with a hefty pricetag. Not one I am willing to pay in regard to PE.

• 1 year later...

No multiplayer? Off to a poor start for competing with BG and NWN...

Well, there haven't been new BG or NWN games in years... so I would say PoE competes pretty well. Y'know, because if you want something new, you stil will have to buy PoE and if you want multiplayer and custom campaigns, you can load up any of the older games.

No multiplayer? Off to a poor start for competing with BG and NWN...

BG was an inspiration for PoE. NWN was not. While i think a proper classic multiplayer would have been great, it's obvious to me that the multiplayer thing was not the most striking thing about the BG series. It was for NWN, but not for BG.