Holy Avenger  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Holy Avenger?

• I would like it to be in the game and be paladin restricted.
    • I would like it to be in the game and be available to all/multiple calssess.
    • I don't want it to be in game.
    • I would like something similiar.
    • I don't care.
    • What is a Holy Avenger?!?
    • I just like to vote.

I second the notion that paladin is the lamest class:P I just don't like zealots and religion based classes :p

For what it's worth, the PoE Paladin is not religion-based, and is only a zealot for his own cause (and not for some deity or organization in particular).

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I figured I ought to necro this thread. Has there been any word on Holy Avengers(or any class-restricted items for that matter)?

Why ought you "necro" this thread? Are you daring the world's paladins to smite you with holy fury?

For what it's worth, the PoE Paladin is not religion-based, and is only a zealot for his own cause (and not for some deity or organization in particular).

Except for the people whose zeal is religious, like most people possessing the quality we know as "ζῆλος," zelos being a word meaning "to emulate" or "jealousy." In other words, a zealot is someone who is devoid of original ideas or self-motivation, but is driven by a desire to imitate others (i.e. prominent religious figures, who held great sway in the ancient world, sort of like a certain papa today,) whether or not they are conscious of this fact. Edited by AGX-17

It was obviously amazing, when you picked up The holy Avenger from Firkraags corpse for the first time. But if I had played another class, I'd probably been sad. If PoE should take inspiration from the IE weapons, 15 years later, I'd rather pick up Lilarcor than Carsomyr. :)

• Like 1

A weapon carried for generatiosn by paladins, passed form one to another. Each infused it with a small part of it's essence/soul, and it only accpets those of equal dedication. In other words, the shadows of the paladins past judge you.

This being an Obsidian game though, one of those old souls will have to be railing against its confinement, crying out for release and asking the protagonist to break the blade asunder. I served righteously throughout life, now let me have my promised rest etcetera.

Edit: Indeed what if in other religions the blade is a weapon of evil, standing between souls and their rebirth on the wheel. Be a nice little perplexing situation.

1: I said a SMALL PART of his soul.

2. For a TRUE paladin, not even in death does duty end.

40k+Dreadnoughts.jpg

• Like 3

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Except for the people whose zeal is religious, like most people possessing the quality we know as "ζῆλος," zelos being a word meaning "to emulate" or "jealousy." In other words, a zealot is someone who is devoid of original ideas or self-motivation, but is driven by a desire to imitate others (i.e. prominent religious figures, who held great sway in the ancient world, sort of like a certain papa today,) whether or not they are conscious of this fact.

My mistake. I guess they're not zealots at all, then. I misused the word.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

'Edit: Indeed what if in other religions the blade is a weapon of evil, standing between souls and their rebirth on the wheel. Be a nice little perplexing situation.'

Kinda like the silver sword and githyanki in BG2 and how they hunt you down for it? Because that'd be cool

Yes, yes and yes, class/ race/ alignment restricted stuff is a huge part of the replay value for me.
Also, items like these make me feel *powerful*, even if they are in game stats not that much more useful than other items. Roleplay, ya kno?