*looks at the hollow space in the middle*

...the first computer that can perform double duty as a trash can?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Maybe it can keep a jug of coffee warm in the middle? Like those samovars or whatever they are called :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

..using DDR3 RAM, clocked at 1866MHz.

They are selling DDR3 clocked at 2400MHz now. My three year old computer uses 1600MHz. Just sayin'.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

No disagreement there, but if you're going to hype up a product based on being state of the art, that choice of RAM looks slightly out of place.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

essentially it just LOOKS ultra good. A lot of purchasers choose based on that. Modern military uniforms are bloody genius, but a $1000 italian bespoke suit is for some reason 'better dressed;'  :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This needs 12 Haswell cores why Xeon? (unless its xeon cores are the haswell equivalent?)

Xeon is not separate to Haswell, there were Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge Xeon processors, Xeon at the same level as the marketing groups i3, i5, i7, Pentium, and Celeron. The Haswell Xeons E5/E7 have not been released, they'll be releasing the different models in Q3 and Q4 of 2013, before the Mac Pro is released. Some Xeons have had identical consumer variants for many generations of Intel processors, recently this has been some of the i7 processors.

Maybe it can keep a jug of coffee warm in the middle? Like those samovars or whatever they are called :)

A Mac with a built-in espresso machine would sell billions.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

essentially it just LOOKS ultra good. A lot of purchasers choose based on that. Modern military uniforms are bloody genius, but a $1000 italian bespoke suit is for some reason 'better dressed;'  :)

Isn't this the secret of every Mac product? It's shiny and overpriced, therefore it must be worth it... right? Right?

• Like 3

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Well, be fair, they do take shiny throughout the system, not just the box it travels in.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.