RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Tiberium Alliances was horrible. Beyond horrible. I almost see a pattern here. First EA forces bitch companies to make retarded F2P games with insane Pay2Win mechanics. Just like Tib. All and Wrath of Heroes, which was canned and Mythic enjoyed massive layoffs. I tried TA on evenings for a week maybe and that time was enough to see how huge Pay2Win was there. It was shoveled into your eyes, throats and ears non-stop.

You can't blame EA for the  bad and shoddy products that EA Phenomic produced. This is a result primarily of EA Phenomic having bad development skills and releasing an unfinished product to the market.

That's business and I know this is unpopular but we should be saying thanks to EA for closing a company that can't deliver a game that is worth paying for. I am starting to get a little tired of how we seem to be constantly make allowances for developers and how its always the publishers fault that the game is bad. When do the developers take responsibility for the actual product that ultimately they are the architects and creators of ?

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If I had a secretary I'd tell her to file EA under "obsolete" and reroute all my future shopping to GoG and Steam sales.

Oh, but EA will produce (under the Bioware banner) Dragon Age 3 and another Mass Effect game...and you'll be suckered to buy at least one of those!!!

I figure I'll at least be suckered to buy at least one of those (more likely DA3, though to tell the truth I have enjoyed ME better...but that series seems to be on the downhill slope to straight TPS with no RP, while it appears they may be making a much harder and stronger effort on DA3 than they did no DA2).

Oh, and to add some cherry to the pie:

The United Kingdom based retail outlet, GAME, has verified that the price of next-gen titles from Electronic Arts for the PlayStation 4 (and presumably the Xbox One) will be raised from £39.99 to £54.99. Development costs and all that jazz.

The news comes courtesy of GAME themselves in a Q&A about the next generation of home console gaming. Tech Radar caught wind of the Q&A, where GAME rolls out the pricing of next-gen titles, stating...

At present, the only publisher to confirm costs of their next generation games are EA, attaching a price of £54.99. No other game prices have been confirmed. We will of course update our listings as and when this happens. And if the price changes before release day, you will always pay the lowest price.

If this is the case for all the "next-gen" games, then I see, that I have made the correct decision to wait for release of PS4 slim. At that time all the interesting launch and post-launch titles will be sold for 20-30 EUR, and it saves me nice money... In all honesty, with all the entertainment options I do have now available, 70 EUR for a single game is price not worth the final product.

PS: And some guys should show some graphs to the other marketing guys, that clearly shows, that in time where you see the words "financial crisis" on every corner, makes making non-essential items more expensive, is not one of the brightest ideas...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

So someone fired for being abrasive, seems to have a bone to pick with valve. And we all nod and agree there are problems within Valve, rather than look at the fact that she might be just a little bit bitter. She really sounded to be a 'it's all about me', 'no one values me', type worker.

Given that she straight up states that she feels bitter, I'm not at all surprised by the notion that she feels bitter.

While feeling bitter may cause her to exaggerate and spread misinformation, does this mean that someone cannot still be justified in feeling bitter?

I was laid off from one of my first jobs, at a power plant, because the plant manager ran one of the boilers too long and we were a few million dollars over budget.  I felt bitter about that for sure.

I'm not sure that bitterness really plays into anything negative, just how much is said publicly and any slant. It'd be worse if someone brought in to spearhead a new project simply didn't care or was incompetent, and neither of those seem to be the case. She just seems to be genuinely disappointed at the (perceived) lack of support/ active blocking.

The situation was clearly pretty bad/ weird though, as the guy responsible for steam business development got the chop as well, and he was responsible for something even I would unreservedly say has been hugely successful- even if I fundamentally dislike its direction and effect.

I'm not sure that bitterness really plays into anything negative, just how much is said publicly and any slant. It'd be worse if someone brought in to spearhead a new project simply didn't care or was incompetent, and neither of those seem to be the case. She just seems to be genuinely disappointed at the (perceived) lack of support/ active blocking.

The situation was clearly pretty bad/ weird though, as the guy responsible for steam business development got the chop as well, and he was responsible for something even I would unreservedly say has been hugely successful- even if I fundamentally dislike its direction and effect.

Did he do Steam?  Or is there something else I'm not thinking of?

So, uh, back to random news: Deus Ex iOS deliberately crippled if run on a jailbroken device. Still happy to take your money though.

In this summer of reversals, Square Enix just said they were wrong and will update the game. 

Meanwhile, I've been playing it a bit on the ipad, and while it's early days yet, it's both a real deus ex game and definitely the best ipad game I've played. Can't comment about length yet, but they really should have done this as a Blood Dragon type game instead of "mobile", considering the apparent depth.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Did he do Steam?  Or is there something else I'm not thinking of?

"Director of business development for steam and steamworks" so probably not responsible for the programming, but probably was for the implementation/ targeting and the like. I'm not sure steam will even now win any awards for being well programmed, he was there for 8 years so he was likely (albeit I presume) responsible for the entire 3rd party bundling approach- which I cordially loathe, but has been massively successful at making Valve the arbiter of PC gaming.

So, uh, back to random news: Deus Ex iOS deliberately crippled if run on a jailbroken device. Still happy to take your money though.

In this summer of reversals, Square Enix just said they were wrong and will update the game. 

Meanwhile, I've been playing it a bit on the ipad, and while it's early days yet, it's both a real deus ex game and definitely the best ipad game I've played. Can't comment about length yet, but they really should have done this as a Blood Dragon type game instead of "mobile", considering the apparent depth.

While I'll never get to play it (lack of iDevice and all), I'm glad it's a quality game and not just a quick cash-in.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well don't be so glad, there are people out there calling it total ****. A pathetic attempt at sucking money out of people. When you're out of ammo, you can buy more ammo from a comfy little menu for actual money.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Hm, for those folk still wandering about the voice actors of Saints Row 4 and who is returning and who isn't..

In case you hadn't found out yet:

The Cast:

Keith David - As himself

Danielle Nicolet - Shaundi

Jennifer Jules Hart - Shaundi #2

Natalie Lander - Kinzie Kensington

Terry Crews - Benjamin King

JB Blanc  - Zinyak/Phillipe Loren

Michael Dorn  - Maero

Neil Patrick Harris - DJ Veteran Child

Yuri Lowenthal - Matt Miller

Arif Kinchen - Pierce Washington

Tim Thomerson - Cyrus Temple

Mike Carlucci - Zach

Rob Van Dam - Bobby

Rebecca Riedy - Asha Odekar

Andrew Bowen - Josh Birk/NyteBlayde

Michael Yurchak - CID

TC Carson - Big Tony

Ursula Taherian - Tanya

Ogie Banks - Warren Williams    

The President:

Nolan North - The Player

Troy Baker - The Player

Laura Bailey - The Player

Robin Atkin Downes - The Player

Diane Michelle - The Player

Kenn Michael - The Player

Sumalee Montano - The Player

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wow, Keith David is playing all those characters?

The joys of what looks like a table when you write the initial post, turning into a mass when you actually post it.. >_<

Dammit, I should have quoted for posterity.

(I also had to look up who Keith David was *hides*)

Heretic! BURN THE HERETIC!!

• Like 2

Dammit, I should have quoted for posterity.

(I also had to look up who Keith David was *hides*)

Heretic! BURN THE HERETIC!!

I think you mean to say: "Ramirez! Burn that Heretic!"

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Well, it's a fair swathe of returning talent from the previous three games.

Apart from Eliza Dushku's Shaundi,  and Michael Clarke Duncan's Ben King (for obvious reasons), I think that's pretty much the original voice actors for all of them.

I think you mean to say: "Ramirez! Burn that Heretic!"

Oh man, Keith David would be a good voice for an Inquisitor. But given the quote, maybe he can be Justicar Foleyx your squad leader in Call of the Emperor - Grey Knights

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm, for those folk still wandering about the voice actors of Saints Row 4 and who is returning and who isn't..

In case you hadn't found out yet:

The Cast:

Keith David - As himself

Danielle Nicolet - Shaundi

Jennifer Jules Hart - Shaundi #2

Natalie Lander - Kinzie Kensington

Terry Crews - Benjamin King

JB Blanc  - Zinyak/Phillipe Loren

Michael Dorn  - Maero

Neil Patrick Harris - DJ Veteran Child

Yuri Lowenthal - Matt Miller

Arif Kinchen - Pierce Washington

Tim Thomerson - Cyrus Temple

Mike Carlucci - Zach

Rob Van Dam - Bobby

Rebecca Riedy - Asha Odekar

Andrew Bowen - Josh Birk/NyteBlayde

Michael Yurchak - CID

TC Carson - Big Tony

Ursula Taherian - Tanya

Ogie Banks - Warren Williams    

The President:

Nolan North - The Player

Troy Baker - The Player

Laura Bailey - The Player

Robin Atkin Downes - The Player

Diane Michelle - The Player

Kenn Michael - The Player

Sumalee Montano - The Player

Robin Atkin Downes, yay!

Where's Zimmos? ;(

I'm still sad about no Tara Platt protagonist voice. :down:  I know what voice we're getting from Laura Bailey, but I'm not familiar with Diane Michelle or Sumalee Montano.  There better be a ridiculously over the top female voice from at least one of those 2.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Since both Zach and Bobby are back, I guess that means more of Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax.  Hopefully they get more lines this time around.  Their commentary was pretty hilarious, but it got super repetitive really fast.  

No Zimos, no Oleg  :down:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

You know, when I read Robin Atkins Downes I thought "Finally! A game that let's you play as Mr. Bean"
But Google had to ruin that fantasy for me.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif