RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

So I guess the OUYA has the car parking simulation market cornered. And that's about it.

And paying the meter before getting to play anything. Evidently initial system startup requires a one-time credit card verification.

All Stop. On Screen.

I've never understand what all the fuzz about OUYA is anyway. Now you can play mobile phone games on tv? Cool...I guess.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Plus if they do a sequel, they won't have to adapt unity from scratch, create rules, etc. Just make content. Easy.

Mmm... mostly. They'll still need to add higher level spells and capabilities. I'll bet there's also a temptation to expand the base system, perhaps with new races, classes, or what have you.

New races always ruin games. And BG:ToB hit a logical limitation with all the new levels, you basically became a god. Some other way has to be found.

IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

I think they were also going to do an Obsidian shop to sell various knickknacks like the shirts, hats, mugs, cookbooks, Avellones and minivans, so I doubt the shirt is a one-off either.

Fixed that for ya

I'd buy an Avellone bobblehead  :biggrin:

Thanks to the wonders of 3D printing that's now a reality.

I'll get to work on it.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've never understand what all the fuzz about OUYA is anyway. Now you can play mobile phone games on tv? Cool...I guess.

It's a bunch of fight the power hipster types backing the PBR of video game consoles. And getting reams of ****ty XBLA indie game-caliber content.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/130627qa/03.html

Regarding why we have not reduced the number of the personnel, it is true that our business has its ups and downs every few years, and of course, our ideal situation is to make a profit even in the low periods, return these profits to investors and maintain a high share price. I believe we should continue working toward this ideal. If we reduce the number of employees for better short-term financial results, however, employee morale will decrease, and I sincerely doubt employees who fear that they may be laid off will be able to develop software titles that could impress people around the world. I believe we can become profitable with the current business structure in consideration of exchange rate trends and popularization of our platforms in the future. We should of course cut unnecessary costs and pursue efficient business operations. I also know that some employers publicize their restructuring plan to improve their financial performance by letting a number of their employees go, but at Nintendo, employees make valuable contributions in their respective fields, so I believe that laying off a group of employees will not help to strengthen Nintendo’s business in the long run.

See, and this is why Iwata-san deserves a bow.

• Like 8

Regarding why we have not reduced the number of the personnel, it is true that our business has its ups and downs every few years, and of course, our ideal situation is to make a profit even in the low periods, return these profits to investors and maintain a high share price. I believe we should continue working toward this ideal. If we reduce the number of employees for better short-term financial results, however, employee morale will decrease, and I sincerely doubt employees who fear that they may be laid off will be able to develop software titles that could impress people around the world. I believe we can become profitable with the current business structure in consideration of exchange rate trends and popularization of our platforms in the future. We should of course cut unnecessary costs and pursue efficient business operations. I also know that some employers publicize their restructuring plan to improve their financial performance by letting a number of their employees go, but at Nintendo, employees make valuable contributions in their respective fields, so I believe that laying off a group of employees will not help to strengthen Nintendo’s business in the long run.

I had no intention of buying  a Wii-U...but a company that actually values it's employees!!!  WOW!!!  That's enough to support them regardless.

• Like 2

(If its not empty talk) it sure is cool. Sony never learned that lesson. If they didn't fire their engineers at the first sign of economic problems they wouldn't have Samsung and LG (among others) to contend with today. I recently found out that these companies got their startup tech cheap by hiring ex Sony staff. Basically got years of technological investment for peanuts.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

(If its not empty talk) it sure is cool. Sony never learned that lesson. If they didn't fire their engineers at the first sign of economic problems they wouldn't have Samsung and LG (among others) to contend with today. I recently found out that these companies got their startup tech cheap by hiring ex Sony staff. Basically got years of technological investment for peanuts.

Oh, indeed. Lots of Japanese engineers and lecturers went to Southkorea in the early 2000s to train and educate the locals.

The thing with Sony is that albeit being Japanese, it's basically aping after American corporations but always failing due to total lack of innovation-prowess and vision. Nintendo is still very Japanese. Their conduct of business, their games, their corporate culture are special and that makes them cool in my book.

Now, give me a new Metroid Prime and a SMT/Persona on WiiU and I might take a bow with a bunch of money falling out of my coat pocket.

• Like 1

The WiiU will probably be worth something down the line. We're just going to have to wait on it a while, especially if it all boils down to first party titles. 

• Like 1

Yep.  It all comes down to games.  All the horsepower in the world doesn't mean a thing without games and Big N still has the best 1st party games out there.  Like Morgoth, a proper Wii U Metroid and/or F-Zero (sadly doubtful) could very well sway me to scoop up the system.  I already own a 3DS and love the bejesus out of it.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Now I know, what I will be doing for few days, when I happen to visit Japan :p

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125627-Real-Life-Resident-Evil-Simulator-Comes-To-Universal-Studios-Japan

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Plus if they do a sequel, they won't have to adapt unity from scratch, create rules, etc. Just make content. Easy.

Mmm... mostly. They'll still need to add higher level spells and capabilities. I'll bet there's also a temptation to expand the base system, perhaps with new races, classes, or what have you.

New races always ruin games. And BG:ToB hit a logical limitation with all the new levels, you basically became a god. Some other way has to be found.

I haven't found new races to be the ruin of a game, but our experiences are clearly different.

You might be able to carve out a power base and then start developing talent to carry out your orders. That up and coming talent can then be the leaders of your new adventurers. Perhaps multiple teams carrying out simultaneous missions, each run as separate episodes, with the outcomes influencing other events.

Or you just start over with a new story thread and a new hero. Perhaps the offspring of your previous hero?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

BG is done. If even a decent EE couldn't be made I sure hope they finally let the dead rest.

Baldur's Gate = Bhaalspawn story. That story is finished, the PC made his choice and his friends went their separate ways. It was a fitting and somewhat romantic conclusion to a well crafted whole.

Everything else is just using the name to slap onto something else to make it sell better and only an accountant could see purpose in that.

Torment likewise.

Enough with this crap. If they can't make a new role playing game without looting the corpse of something totally unrelated they might as well quit.

Looks like I know what I'm doing July 31st:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA6VjqnJLGE

As if I needed another excuse to fire up Call of Pripyat again.

:dancing:

Okay that is impressive, its like they have taken the best mod's for the game and incorporated them into one. That's some good development skills :bow:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Okay that is impressive, its like they have taken the best mod's for the game and incorporated them into one. That's some good development skills :bow:

Hmm, so I know what to do once I'm done with Clear Sky, this looks pretty damn sweet!

Edited by marelooke

Awesome.

• Like 1

Awesome.

What !!! Normally I would say its not possible but is Drowsy actually being complementary about a game without being more negative? I never thought I would live to see this day. I now believe in the Tooth Fairy again as anything is possible   :lol:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela