Arachnophobia

Cultist

I don't mind spiders and will usually leave them alone, unless they come down to the ground. Now millipedes, centipedes and scorpions? Those really freak me out and I will stomp them to paste if I see one.

Ha! Me too... spiders I can scoop up with a tissue and take outside, but not those zillion legged, creepy-crawly icky centipedes and the like. Don't like earwigs either. Ewww

That would explain the weird button layout on some controllers =]

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 2 months later...

I would kill that jumping bastard. On principle.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sean Penn got nothing on that spider... take that! You Paparazzi.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

Nothing like taking a nice stroll in the evening and walking into a spiders web.

:lol:

Happened to me last night taking the garbage out. Head and upper body just entangled in a sticky web, that some industrious spider had put up in the evening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I have the unfortunate habit of just instinctively clicking on threads that I have once posted in, but have been quite good at avoiding this one.  Until today.  Homina homina.  And I just saw a few pictures before I realized the mistake I had made.

Incidentally, I assume you've all read John Connolly.

Hmmm... isn't that interesting. 'Connelly' isn't in the spellchecker, but Connolly is.

This supports my suspicion that someone at Obsidian is a fan. My first hint was 'Arret' written on the butt of the survivalist's rifle.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You are Mr Pudd, and I claim... er...

-Elwood Blues

• 4 weeks later...

tattoocrop-600x450.jpg

Eric Ortiz wanted to face his fears.

So he tattooed a black widow spider on his face.

“Everybody fears spiders,” Ortiz said. “That’s why I got it. Just to, like, make me know, that that’s what I fear, but not to fear it. You know what I’m saying?”
Ortiz, 24, of Deltona, talked about his the spider tattoo after appearing in court on a felony charge of driving while license revoked (habitual) at the Volusia County Courthouse in DeLand.

Ortiz’s particular method of dealing with arachnophobia gets attention.

“Everybody looks at it like, “Damn spider”  ’cause if you’re going around your house, you know what I’m saying, you see those spiders, you’re going to jump, you’re going to jump, so putting one on my face. I say you know what I’m going to see what people think.
“What do people think?

“Some people say ‘Why did you get it? You’re never going to get a job,” Ortiz said. “Some people say “It’s cool, man. The tattoo on the face, I would never get it but that one came out cool.’”

His girlfriend wasn’t too happy, though.

“She was mad at me,” he said.

Ortiz said he does landscaping and tile work and doesn’t deal spider-face to face with customers.

“I don’t work in a place where there are people around,” he said. “They are not worried about it right now.”
But the black widow tattoo has not scared away law enforcement. Ortiz’s criminal record includes charges of burglary of a conveyance, domestic battery, possession of schedule 4 substance, retail theft, violation of injunction for protection and loitering and prowling.

• Like 1

MzpydUh.gif