Time-Zones Debunked

Felithvian

Time doesn't exist.

If you really want a ****ing conspiracy to decode, kindly tell me why it's impossible to go to a movie theatre without some unspeakable stinkhole using their ****ing phone!

Competing studios hire people to sabotage the viewing experience of films from other studios?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I agree that causality itself is an illusion. Any attempt to prove otherwise will rely upon causality and be self-referential.

I should like to ameliorate my earlier statement a little. I don't mind people talking on their phones during movies. Provided this is used as a means of enabling aggressive eugenics. With badgers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Time doesn't exist.

It does but it is a creation of my imagination, as are all of you, the Earth, the universe, etc.  The entire multiverse, including these boards, every person I have ever "met" or heard of, every solid, liquid, and gas, heck the very concept of solids, liquids, and gasses, they were all created by my imagination as a self contained universe.  This is my own private playground, or my own private hell.  Outside of me, there is nothing, or everything, or a completely different concept that cannot be defined by nothing, everything, or anything.  I'll never know, because this self contained universe is all I'll ever know.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I agree that causality itself is an illusion. Any attempt to prove otherwise will rely upon causality and be self-referential.

The world is not an amalgam of objects in space; it is a heterogeneous series of independent acts - the world is successive, temporal, but not spatial.

Would you agree, incidentally, that mirrors and copulation are abominable, because they increase the number of men?

Edited by Darth InSidious

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

The world is not an amalgam of objects in space; it is a heterogeneous series of independent acts - the world is successive, temporal, but not spatial.

Would you agree, incidentally, that mirrors and copulation are abominable, because they increase the number of men?

Woah no idea what you said or mean, are you actually speaking English ?

:p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

In as much as words are the tools of thought, quite possibly not.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

In as much as words are the tools of thought, quite possibly not.

Okaaaaaay, glad you cleared that one up :)

I would like someone more intelligent than me to debate this topic with you as it has huge potential to be esoteric but interesting  :geek:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'm just guessing, Bruce. But I'd put a tenner on the questions that Insidious just put being well known in philosophy circles.

Which is why I won't talk to philosophers unless I'm drunk.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm just guessing, Bruce. But I'd put a tenner on the questions that Insidious just put being well known in philosophy circles.

Which is why I won't talk to philosophers unless I'm drunk.

Good call my friend, that makes sense. I have always enjoyed Philosophy but I never studied it so my interpretation of it is limited

John Milton 

You're all just figments of my imagination, so if I were to discuss philosophy with anyone, I'd just be discussing it with myself, likely different aspects of my personality or manifestations of ego.  In the end, said conversation has already happened, is happening, and will happen all at the same time, since time is just a figment of my imagination also and therefore exist but does not exist.

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You're all just figments of my imagination, so if I were to discuss philosophy with anyone, I'd just be discussing it with myself, likely different aspects of my personality or manifestations of ego.  In the end, said conversation has already happened, is happening, and will happen all at the same time, since time is just a figment of my imagination also and therefore exist but does not exist.

:grin:

Is that Philosophy or just good old weed talk?

John Milton 

I for one am in favor of a stoned thread.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

I for one am in favor of a stoned thread.

Concepts like stoned don't exist.  The fact is that, much like all of you, I don't exist, never have, never will.  This is all just a feedback loop of self-delusion.  The loop keeps going as long as there is a shred of doubt in my mind.  The instant I could wrap my mind around the fact that none of this, myself included, truly exist, not in a physical way, not in a philosophical way, not in a spiritual way, I would cease to exist, because I never existed.  Concepts like stoned, happy, sad, angry, and so forth, are all just self-created delusions by a self that doesn't exist in a desperate attempt to keep the illusion and the feedback loop going.  There is no stoned, there is no you, there is no me.  There isn't even nothing, for nothing is yet another fictional concept created by a self that doesn't exist.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Keyrock, you make a familiar point. The best cure for that 'reality is only an abstract' nonsense is to face losing it. I don't want you to die, old boy. But _nearly_ dying is a tremendous experience.

Seriously, don't die.

-Elwood Blues

You should try living in Australia...

Some states are GMT+9:30 some GMT+10. Easy enough. Except some of them have daylight savings and some don't. Part of the yaer, you'll be either half an hour ahead or behind of the rest, without actually going anywhere ;)

For a fun experience (been there, tried it a couple of times), fly from Auckland to Los Angeles. Taking off at 18:00 and after 10-12 hours of flight, you'll land at 16:00 the same day. Talk about time travel :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You should try living in Australia...

Some states are GMT+9:30 some GMT+10. Easy enough. Except some of them have daylight savings and some don't. Part of the yaer, you'll be either half an hour ahead or behind of the rest, without actually going anywhere ;)

For a fun experience (been there, tried it a couple of times), fly from Auckland to Los Angeles. Taking off at 18:00 and after 10-12 hours of flight, you'll land at 16:00 the same day. Talk about time travel :)

You should 'phone yourself when you arrive.

Time doesn't exist.

It does but it is a creation of my imagination, as are all of you, the Earth, the universe, etc.  The entire multiverse, including these boards, every person I have ever "met" or heard of, every solid, liquid, and gas, heck the very concept of solids, liquids, and gasses, they were all created by my imagination as a self contained universe.  This is my own private playground, or my own private hell.  Outside of me, there is nothing, or everything, or a completely different concept that cannot be defined by nothing, everything, or anything.  I'll never know, because this self contained universe is all I'll ever know.

Reminds me of the gag in philosophy class; my professor relayed the story of a colleague's revelation. The colleague, while having sex with his wife, suddenly stopped and exclaimed to her, "I just realized, I am all that exist and everything outside of me is a creation of my imagination. So I am god, and I'm not having sex with you, I'm masturbating!"

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Time doesn't exist.

Reminds me of the gag in philosophy class; my professor relayed the story of a colleague's revelation. The colleague, while having sex with his wife, suddenly stopped and exclaimed to her, "I just realized, I am all that exist and everything outside of me is a creation of my imagination. So I am god, and I'm not having sex with you, I'm masturbating!"

Again, if you imagine you're completely hooned, this is hilarious. NEVER talk to philosophers while sober.

-Elwood Blues