Time-Zones Debunked

Felithvian

Rio de Janeiro Brazil is 2hrs ahead of New York N.Y. --- New York N.Y is 2hrs ahead of Denver Colorado. Easy so far!!

k96h52.jpg

Look to the longitude corridor where Brazil is, its only one long/corridor east of where N.York is and two away from Colorado. The Sun rises in the East and sets in the West, so Rio de Janeiro would get the first rays of light followed by N.Y and last Denver. Still easy, huh!

jq2arq.jpg

June 30th 2013, Rio de Janeiro Sunrise: 6:33am in New York its 4:33am and the Sun will only rise in less then one more hour.

N.Y Sunrise: 5:28am this is New York time. The Sun crossed over the longitude corridor where Rio de Janeiro is and into the west long/corridor where N.Y is in just alittle less then (1) New York hour.

Denver Colorado Sunrise: 5:35am in New York its 7:35 am. The Sun crossed over the longitude corridor where New York is and into the further west long/corridor where Denver is in (2) N.Y hours.

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp

QUESTION: “Why does the Sun cross the Rio de Janeiro's long/corridor and into New York's in (1) N.Y hour and then mysteriously slowdown to cross over into Denver Colorado's long/corridor in (2) N.Y hours?”

NOTE: All cities selected lay perfectly in the middle of their respective longitude corridors.

This is the part where many who have "ears & eyes" go "deaf & blind." :yes: 

Wait, is this the respawn of obyknven following her crated dispatch to Vlad's castle on the Neva?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

In November 2007 when DST was in progress Brazil didn’t and doesn’t change its time. In Rio during that November month on the 30th Sunrise occurred at 5:57am in New York it was 4:47am. The Sun rose in New York at 6:59am. The Sun crossed the Rio de Janeiro longitude corridor and into the west longitude corridor where N.Y is in alittle more then (2) New York hours. Yet in Colorado in the same November month on that day the Sun rose in Denver at 7:00am in New York it was 9:00am and the Sun crossed over the longitude corridor where New York is and into the further west long/corridor where Denver is in (2) N.Y hours.

"But how can London be in the same time zone as Belfast, but not as Paris? They are hundreds of miles further away!"

The time zones are a simple convention to enable easier international communication.

Pull your head out of your arse, and stop wasting your time.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

If you really want a ****ing conspiracy to decode, kindly tell me why it's impossible to go to a movie theatre without some unspeakable stinkhole using their ****ing phone!

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

"But how can London be in the same time zone as Belfast, but not as Paris? They are hundreds of miles further away!"

The time zones are a simple convention to enable easier international communication.

Pull your head out of your arse, and stop wasting your time.

Where do you see 1 hour rotation for every 15 degrees?

When N.Y state runs the 60/90 degrees longitude & 30/60 degrees latitude and still maintains the same hour within that geographic well over every 15 degrees. And besides, the striped areas like Brazil & Argentina don't even change their clocks year round and they're both on different latitudes & longitudes but same time zone, joke!!!!

333bi88.gif

"Why is the United Nations Flag symbol a Flat Earth?"

The symbols on flags are not 3 dimensional?

Do I win a price?

The U.N could have chose an opened globe symbol as all modern maps display with Antarctica included.

http://cdn.mapquest.com/mqatlasenglish/world

The United Governments (Nations) of the Flat Earth know the Truth, but they collectively pay their local educational systems to program their citizens to learn the lie, and the best place to hide the Truth was right before your eyes. That would be the last place those plugged to the Matrix would ever look, "hiding in plain sight!"

@ Felithvian

Lets say you are right and the earth is flat how is it possible to go around the world in a ship and not fall off some massive edge into space ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

@ Felithvian

Lets say you are right and the earth is flat how is it possible to go around the world in a ship and not fall off some massive edge into space ?

The edge lies beyond the inhospitable terrain of what is known as antartica. Hundreds of miles would have to be breached before one reaches the edge.

I actually believe this is trolling. But just because it's mildly interesting...

The point of time zones is to provide a convention so that people in different locations can collaborate effectively. Be that militarily or in business. It doesn't actually matter what bloody time we all say it is.

I can set my clock to six hours ahead right now and it won't make any goddamn difference to my routine. I work to my own deadlines. Hence for many years after GMT was introduced British towns and villages (and I'm sure elsewhere) used to run off a local time from the town clock or what have you. Only the big shipping lines and stock traders gave a monkey's burp. It's all about who you're working with and where they are.

It's not a conspiracy because if it was it would be the most contemptible conspiracy since skinny jeans.

• Like 3

-Elwood Blues

And the French are still annoyed that it's based off GMT and not Paris time..  :shifty:  It seems every decade or so they make another attempt to get it changed...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And the French are still annoyed that it's based off GMT and not Paris time..  :shifty:  It seems every decade or so they make another attempt to get it changed...

Their adorably impotent fury is what makes them tolerable.

-Elwood Blues

I actually believe this is trolling. But just because it's mildly interesting...

Indubitably.  But much like Oby, we put up with it because our community is awesome at debating the bizarre :p

Indubitably.  But much like Oby, we put up with it because our community is awesome at debating the bizarre :p

ROFL. Maybe so. Maybe so.

-Elwood Blues

Hold on a minute. Isn't the directly observable curvature of the Earth a ****ing giveaway?

The top of a mast is visible before the ship itself? Something like that.

To be honest, because I'm more human sciences than physicals I'm more interested in understanding why in the name of all that's holy anyone would dress up as a cretin and pretend any of this was their real opinion.

Could the OP please elucidate? That would be genuinely interesting.

-Elwood Blues