***UNOFFICAL KOTOR 2 : THE SITH LORDS FAQ***

article we seen says that your "sith lords" character is,

"a disgraced veteran of the Mandalorian war, an exiled Jedi just now returning to Republic space after years away."

(apologies for not having exact quote, we is writing from memory, so we may be messing up slightly... but we does recall with certainty that the part 'bout being "disgraced" was in there somewheres. if somebody wants to correct our quote so it is accurate, we would appreciate.)

redemption was a major theme in the original Star Wars movies, and it was also dealt with in kotor... though we thought kotor actually did a rather poor job in this regard. chris avellone's ps:t also explored redemption and regret. got another protagonist with a troubled past who has lost some part of self.

regardless, we thinks that it is significant that you start out as a disgraced jedi...

HA! Good Fun!

p.s. we can delete this post to avoid clutter if craftsman wishes.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Will combat and interface have major makeovers?

No. Both were well designed in the first game

:p:p:) :D :(:p :angry:

Let's keep the T&A in FanTAsy

***Posting delayed, user on moderator review***

Why Bio Why?

Hilarious indid ... let me guess, we will have the same retarded force system and a total of 6 skills options.

Also I am reading a lot of crap about s*** Lords, I read in BioWare forums we actualy say how SWKotOR ended and the game story will reflect that.

drakron.png

Look the combat interface was well designed it was good for everybody, however you are right it is not perfect. Notice how i said that they intend to further improve the layout. Which is true.

Keep in mind that this was approved (which i am very thankful for)*1000 by Fionavar (Moderator) and it was fine with him.

Keep positve people :rolleyes:

Also I am reading a lot of crap about s*** Lords, I read in BioWare forums we actualy say how SWKotOR ended and the game story will reflect that.

How is that a bad thing?

Seems like a nice option to me.

What's the point in you hanging around here if you've already condemned KOTOR2 to the point of calling it "S*** Lords"? I'm all for free speech, but Christ you're irritating.

The next issue of CGM might contain some more PC-specific info about KotOR: Sith Lords :rolleyes: It should be in stores May 4th.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

regardless, we thinks that it is significant that you start out as a disgraced jedi...

just so long as they don't do another lame-@ssed plot twist like the first one: i.e. it turns out that the PC is actually .... Malak!

dumber than a bag of hammers

just so long as they don't do another lame-@ssed plot twist like the first one: i.e. it turns out that the PC is actually .... Malak!

Highly unlikely, starting the game as a 8 foot bald guy with a missing jaw would raize too much suspision :huh:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Highly unlikely, starting the game as a 8 foot bald guy with a missing jaw would raize too much suspision

if they can wipe your memory, i don't think some hair and a missing jaw is too much of a stretch.

Obsidian should steer clear of any 'revelation' in Kotor2, if it involves the PC. What worked once will not work a second time. Another twist would be more groan-inducing than dramatic.

I found it groan inducing the first time :huh:

I am very interested in this game, but for the love of God obsidian, fix the damn force powers and combat system.

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

I found it groan inducing the first time

same here. KOTOR's twist was forced and silly. i'd like to think that obsidian can do better than Bio on story, but i fear Bio's cliche squad will have the upper hand in whatever arrangement they've struck re KOTOR2.

I liked the twist but Bioware didn't do justice to what came after. You're the former dark lord here, not some lowly sith, but for another 2 whole planets you can't act upon that in any way. Only at the temple can you choose your path, and even that is at Bastila's urging.

we gots no problem with being critical of kotor. was much critical of various aspects of that game our self, but can we try and keep this thread more of a FAQ thing... post just the stuff we has discovered will be in game? is already a dozen "what is wrong" and "what is right" with kotor threads on these boards and they not got stickies. would be nice to keep this thread a convenient source o

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

How is that a bad thing?

Seems like a nice option to me.

What's the point in you hanging around here if you've already condemned KOTOR2 to the point of calling it "S*** Lords"? I'm all for free speech, but Christ you're irritating.

I never said it was a bad, it can be a great thing if that is actually true and means something in the game.

And I call it that at least because "Sith Lords" is as bad as "Attack of the Clones" as a title.

drakron.png

Highly unlikely, starting the game as a 8 foot bald guy with a missing jaw would raize too much suspision

if they can wipe your memory, i don't think some hair and a missing jaw is too much of a stretch.

It seems that we'll be able to choose the gender of the PC. I don't think anyone'll go so far as to give Malak a gender change. Now that would just turn the whole thing into a really bad sitcom.

Yes that is unlikely. I admit that the questions posed to you during the game for determining the first game's outcome is an interesting concept. Like how you respond will make Revan male or female for instance I imagine. Now if only Obsidian would chime in on KOTOR2. ;)