They do have moving water and foliage, so I don't see why not. I doubt it would be done with cloth dynamics in-game, if faking it (making the animation in advance) can achieve the same result as real time calculations.

Edited by Jajo

-image-

... Now I'm lost. Did you think I was arguing with you about whether or not we should call it a dungeon concept or not, or was trying to suggest it ISN'T painted over?

The original update quite literally labels the image as "A Vertical Slice dungeon concept by Polina," which is why I quoted that. As you seemed to be getting some "I totally mean more by this than I actually mean" vibes from my use of "dungeon concept," I merely pointed out that I'm only referring to the image in the update with the label provided to us by Obsidian, themselves.

For what it's worth, though, I don't think "ISN'T A DIGITAL RENDER THAT'S THEN BEEN PAINTED OVER BY A CONCEPT ARTIST TO MAKE A NEW IMAGE" is located anywhere within the definition of "concept." So, again...

*is baffled* o_o

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

*is baffled* o_o

If you didn't treat everything as an argument, then you wouldn't be. I posted the picture for context as there are some people who think that the picture is a drawing and not a pre-render due to the word concept being used.

Regardless, it looks awesome. I for one am curious to see if soul-harvesting will be a viable nefarious npc route. Mad scientists are always snazzy no matter the setting. I am also really impressed with the thought and detail in that image, the transition between cobblestones seems to imply this may be a newer addition to the crypt, or simply a far better maintained section. The color scheme of the walls echoing the floor tiles is another nice, subtle touch that just ties everything together and lends the setting a stronger "feel". Also, are those levers sprinkled around the room? Do we get to try and alter the ominous device with a lever puzzle?! Ooooo. The possibilities! Think of the explosion if you get it wrong! Muahahah.

If you didn't treat everything as an argument, then you wouldn't be. I posted the picture for context as there are some people who think that the picture is a drawing and not a pre-render due to the word concept being used.

Now that you've made it clear that it wasn't an argument, I apologize for misunderstanding. I don't know how else to take it when you correct my use of terminology, and I explain that your correction was exactly what I meant, and you respond with simply a more specific source of your basis for the initial correction. I'm simply explaining why I was confused, here, in case you wanted to know.

Again, sorry about that. I wasn't trying to go out of my way to "treat it as an argument," I just really was trying to figure out if it was one or not, since it seemed to be. Which is why I was confused.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Well as I said I wasn't sure whether you thought it was a drawing or not.

Regardless of the fact. Polina did an excellent job at capturing the Infinity Engine interior look in that paint-over. I wonder what reference images she used :p

• Like 1

Regardless of the fact. Polina did an excellent job at capturing the Infinity Engine interior look in that paint-over. I wonder what reference images she used :p

Agreed. It was like a nostalgia grenade to the face, haha.

It looks very beautiful but I'd like to see bigger rooms to be honest. It looks like it's on a small resolution, it's the size of old Baldur's Gate dungeons.

Don't know what you guys think but thats my opinion, other than that the graphs are fine.

Thie dungeon concept art looks very very very nice.

I'm not sure if I love all these updates (because they promise a really great game) or hate them (because there's still so much waiting for it).

Of course, it is both.

• 1 month later...