Nice to something new reported about the game. They could release this as a cross generation title. I mean the graphics basically look like the show, so it wouldn't really hurt them. It will most probably not happen.

I'm sure we will be able to play female protagonists, it's just the promotional material hasn't portrayed it yet. (They probably assume most players will be male and won't care about the female option. Heck, several different gaming websites and magazines have reported on the game and not one of them thought it was important to refer to the protagonist as being both genders, but instead treat the protagonist as only male.)

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

I'm sure we will be able to play female protagonists, it's just the promotional material hasn't portrayed it yet. (They probably assume most players will be male and won't care about the female option. Heck, several different gaming websites and magazines have reported on the game and not one of them thought it was important to refer to the protagonist as being both genders, but instead treat the protagonist as only male.)

Semi-confirmed rumour:

1st DLC new class: Raisin.

raisins-girls.jpg

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Semi-confirmed rumour:

1st DLC new class: Raisin.

Oh cool, so we know there will be female protagonist options.

Out of curiosity, where is it semi-confirmed?

Semi-confirmed rumor is internet for: I'm making stuff up trying to be funny.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Semi-confirmed rumor is internet for: I'm making stuff up trying to be funny.

Oh, I didn't realize.

Well, no love lost. I didn't really care if there was a Raisins option (as I don't want to play one, but wouldn't mind it others did), I just wanted to know if it was true. (Probably not, since the hero seems to be the Wild Card that helps whatever group s/he joins rather than arriving part of any group his/herself, but then this is South Park...) Either way, I've seen a few black and white sources saying we can be male or female (like the first preview in the OP), so I'm not worried.

I wonder if there would be any RP differences for being a girl though. Like, will some of the boys give you grief for being a girl (as South Park has the realistic "boys versus girls" rivalry going on between the kids through most of the show). Will people take more umbrage with a girl farting in public than a boy? Will people (particularly Cartman) give you more girl-centered insults like "bitch," "whore" and "sl*t" versus "d*ck/weed," "bastard," or "@sshole"? These are what I'm wondering.

Edited by Faerunner

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Well, no love lost. I didn't really care if there was a Raisins option (as I don't want to play one, but wouldn't mind it others did), I just wanted to know if it was true. (Probably not, since the hero seems to be the Wild Card that helps whatever group s/he joins rather than arriving part of any group his/herself, but then this is South Park...) Either way, I've seen a few black and white sources saying we can be male or female (like the first preview in the OP), so I'm not worried.

I wonder if there would be any RP differences for being a girl though. Like, will some of the boys give you grief for being a girl (as South Park has the realistic "boys versus girls" rivalry going on between the kids through most of the show). Will people take more umbrage with a girl farting in public than a boy? Will people (particularly Cartman) give you more girl-centered insults like "bitch," "whore" and "sl*t" versus "d*ck/weed," "bastard," or "@sshole"? These are what I'm wondering.

(Speculating) I'm sure there will be something. Once they decided there will be boy/girl PC's, I can't imagine them not doing that.