godlikes  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What type of godlikes whoud you like to see (play) ?

• Angelic inspired (Asimar)
    • Demonic inspired
    • Death Gods, Shinigami, reaper inspired (more dark ghost with death assosiation ones)
    • Animal/ nature/ plant inspired.
    • Mythical creatures inspirations (minotaur, centaur, tytan etc)
    • Inspired on elementals (fire genasi etc)
    • Other or not-dimensional/ other plane creatures (Githzerai)
    • Aliens, furrys, pokemons or other wierd stuff
    • other or don't have opinion
    • I don't want to see any kind of godlikes.
  2. 2. How many subraces og godlikes whoud you like to see ?

• more then 10
    • more then 6 bot not more then 10
    • more then 2 but not more then 6.
    • only 2
    • only 1

I'm... confused. I said drawing conclusions at this point is pointless. If you're not drawing conclusions at this point, then you're not pointless.

Also, I'm confused partially because I'm not familiar with the "red thread." o_o. Please enlighten me, if you would be so kind.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I can't quite see your problem. What I said is that I wonder how cohesive elements like Godlike, flagellants, soul powers and the "New World" theme will be. Obviously, like you realized, we are lacking information, and right now I'm a tad skeptical.

Methinks you are directing my words at an unintended target, good sir. I never pointed a finger at you, or cited any of your words. Being skeptical is perfectly valid, and is not drawing unnecessary conclusions. Skepticism is not a conclusion.

I take no beef with your postings here. I was referring to the posts in which conclusions (especially negative ones) were being drawn about the godlike, of whom we know very little thus far.

Also, I think I just figured out the "red thread" allusion. Like the thread they use in an investigation, to literally "tie" various things together (especially on a map of incidents)? Methinks I get it now.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

It'll be quite hard to really judge the godlikes until we see what the actual impact of the gods themselves is upon the world. Personally I'm hoping for something more akin to Aasimar and Tieflings than Genasi. (Aasimar are one of my favourite PS races.)

I'm sorry but I'm not too knowledgeable about the specifics of this race; is there much appeal beyond the obvious egotistical reasons to play a "Godlike"?

Certainly, if the milieu actively allows for the recognition of the godlike as such and if faith is a key world-building ingredient in P:E. The character in question would be a living embodiment of their divine or otherworldly parent, subject to all kinds of scrutiny, expectations, and good- or ill-will depending on the nature of the parent and the opinion of said parent held by the people of that particular locale.

A godlike cleric or paladin would be a force to be reckoned with if they held true to their breeding and faith, able to inspire beneficence/admiration or viciousness/dread to a degree nigh unattainable by mere mortals; if not, then they'd be quite the conundrum for the locals and would be subject to all kinds of extra hassles by going against type. Think of the roleplaying possibilities of a tiefling attempting to rise above his base nature or an aasimar grown fell and trecherous--reactions will measure high on the Richter scale and drama makes for rewarding roleplaying.

• Like 2

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

A godlike cleric or paladin would be a force to be reckoned with if they held true to their breeding and faith, able to inspire beneficence/admiration or viciousness/dread to a degree nigh unattainable by mere mortals; if not, then they'd be quite the conundrum for the locals and would be subject to all kinds of extra hassles by going against type. Think of the roleplaying possibilities of a tiefling attempting to rise above his base nature or an aasimar grown fell and trecherous--reactions will measure high on the Richter scale and drama makes for rewarding roleplaying.

Haha. I can just see that now:

"Hey, man, you're like... kind of a leafy, animal-y individual. You must really like Frendalus, the goddess of nature! 8D"

"No... nature SUCKS! *flips a table* I actually burn trees in my spare time, for sport, and I love all things synthetic! MUAHAHAHAHA!"

^_^

Haha. I can just see that now:

"Hey, man, you're like... kind of a leafy, animal-y individual. You must really like Frendalus, the goddess of nature! 8D"

"No... nature SUCKS! *flips a table* I actually burn trees in my spare time, for sport, and I love all things synthetic! MUAHAHAHAHA!"

^_^

Yeah but for real he can be angry on god of nature becouse he don't look like other people so .. it's quite possible ...

Like half-demon hunting demons with we seen 100 already .. so ...

• 3 weeks later...

I'd really like to see at least eight subraces of Godlike. We've already seen the Godlike Woman who looks like she's Nature incarnate, so it'd be nice to see a Godlike who embodies Death and decay. Other opposing elements I'd like to see are Heat/Fire and Cold/Ice, Earth/Stone and Air/lightning, Light and Darkness. I don't know what a Magic Godlike would look like but it could be interesting. As would A soul-power based Godlike.

• Like 1

Im fine with godlikes if the traits that make them different are very subtle, usually psychological and almost never physical.

Of the ones listed I like the elemental types the most, perhaps they would have a sorceress esque affinity to magic (of certain types).

Im fine with godlikes if the traits that make them different are very subtle, usually psychological and almost never physical.

Of the ones listed I like the elemental types the most, perhaps they would have a sorceress esque affinity to magic (of certain types).

I find that quite an odd statement, because I totally agree with your first point, but the concept art for the elemental characters was the one I felt least fit that aesthetic.

Uhh..... y.hgwegg gs rhj..... no.

Obsidian has already been fairly clear on how the "Godlike" races will appear in game.  They can already be from any race in the game, Orlan, Human, Elf, etc so there is your subraces right there.  We don't need to start inventing subraces for "Godlikes", they aren't a race they are just mutant versions of races that already exist for lack of a better term.  They don't have their own culture, their own towns, or any of that stuff.  A Human "Godlike" probably is gonna live with other Humans.  In reality "Godlikes" are just normal races that look weird because they have like bright green hair, or glowing red eyes, or golden skin, etc etc maybe the "soul powah" of the world has effected them a bit more deeply?  But in reality they are no closer to the gods than any other generic Dwarf, they just look different and have slightly tweaked racial abilities/stats.

I will say it one more time... nothing released about Godlikes so far (unless they released something and I somehow missed it) suggests Godlikes are actually related to gods at all.  People just "think" they are.  Some societies may even consider them to be freaks of nature that need to be killed on sight.  They are not Aasimar who are people that have like a Solar as a parent... they are normal races that just look weird, both parents were from whatever race they are.  At least that is the way it has been implied from what I have seen.

Edited by Karkarov

yeah, godlike is a subrace of each race, not a separate race unto itself. (so an Orlan player would be able to choose from 'hearth' 'feral' and 'godlike')

i'd wager that they will be a combo of tiefling/aasimar, without the inclination towards good or evil.

yeah, godlike is a subrace of each race, not a separate race unto itself. (so an Orlan player would be able to choose from 'hearth' 'feral' and 'godlike')

i'd wager that they will be a combo of tiefling/aasimar, without the inclination towards good or evil.

An Orlan with Horns looks good.

I don't normally date planetouched girls, but when I do the Tiefling is already in the sack 

stay rolling my friends!  :fdevil: 

They don't have their own culture, their own towns, or any of that stuff.  A Human "Godlike" probably is gonna live with other Humans.  In reality "Godlikes" are just normal races that look weird because they have like bright green hair, or glowing red eyes, or golden skin, etc etc maybe the "soul powah" of the world has effected them a bit more deeply?

This is a bit of a jump in logic - Since even in the real world where everyone is human, we have subcultures and subcultural spaces. Punks, goths, gay villages, gentlemen's clubs, et cetera. Cultures can spring up around all kinds of facets, physical, social or otherwise. I think it would be pretty unrealistic if the godlikes didn't have any kind of culture of their own.

• Like 1

This is a bit of a jump in logic - Since even in the real world where everyone is human, we have subcultures and subcultural spaces. Punks, goths, gay villages, gentlemen's clubs, et cetera. Cultures can spring up around all kinds of facets, physical, social or otherwise. I think it would be pretty unrealistic if the godlikes didn't have any kind of culture of their own.

that depends on wether there's something that creates a feeling of unity between Godlikes or not. Manic-depressives are a group, but they don't have their own culture.

that depends on wether there's something that creates a feeling of unity between Godlikes or not. Manic-depressives are a group, but they don't have their own culture.

http://www.bipolaruk.org.uk/

Amongst others. (I would know.) And persecution or being seen as different is one of the biggest catalysts for creating unity in a group.

Edited by Eiphel

http://www.bipolaruk.org.uk/

Amongst others. (I would know.) And persecution or being seen as different is one of the biggest catalysts for creating unity in a group.

I wouldn't exactly call that a subculture?

And yes persecution would be a possible cause for them to band together. But AFAIK we haven't heard anything about the standing of the Godlike yet. They may even be revered. And one other thing, while they may even be summarily persecuted, the differences of their heritage may prevent them from banding together; i.e. they may be the offspring of very different gods.

Godlikes are a race, or at least a subrace, which amonst other things means they are more often on the same wavelength when communicating and more often share interests and have similar views on the same things. At least thats the way it works in real life in terms of ethnoracial background of people.

So I dont see any reason for them not to have subcultures. But a subculture also means a culture has developed from those things they share more commonly than with the rest of the populace of the same basic race. Discrimination against a certain subrace could stop that from happening, so perhaps not all subraces would have a subculture.

Godlikes are a race, or at least a subrace, which amonst other things means they are more often on the same wavelength when communicating and more often share interests and have similar views on the same things. At least thats the way it works in real life in terms of ethnoracial background of people.

So I dont see any reason for them not to have subcultures. But a subculture also means a culture has developed from those things they share more commonly than with the rest of the populace of the same basic race. Discrimination against a certain subrace could stop that from happening, so perhaps not all subraces would have a subculture.

I'll be particularly interested to see how a godlike wild Orlan gets treated by various different groups. That's gotta be an interesting one to play.

In real life, people (/animals) mate. I don't think that's how the Godlike procreate; that's one less compelling reason for them to mingle with each other. I can't remember if there were any specifics given on this in the updates though so I may be wrong.

I will say it one more time... nothing released about Godlikes so far (unless they released something and I somehow missed it) suggests Godlikes are actually related to gods at all.  People just "think" they are.

Methinks you might've missed le following, from Update #43:

The godlike are the children of humanoids (most often humans) who have been "blessed" (or cursed, depending on personal or social view) with the physical manifestation of a divine spark granted by the gods. Godlike manifest their divine heritage in a variety of ways: wings, horns, strange birthmarks, talons, odd eyes - but they always manifest it somehow.

No worries. It happens. You are no less awesome, ^_^

And now you know. And knowing is half the battle. NOW, if we could just get our hands on some blue-and-red laser bullets, we'd have the other half covered.

In a related note, even if they aren't actually a "subrace," per se, in the actual race selection at character creation, you've got to have SOME control over what kind of "spark" manifestation your character gets, as a godlike. Well, you don't have to, but I'm pretty sure Josh said something about this almost obvious thing, and how something like that wouldn't be randomly applied to your character. (I can try to find that quote, since I'm not 100% certain without it as evidence).

But, the point being that, as long as you can be more than 1 type of godlike (a whatever-race-you-were-plus-horns, or a whatever-race-you-were-plus-fiery eyes, etc.), and you can pick that, AND race, then the spark manifestation can be at least logistically thought of as a "subrace," with your race being "Orlan Godlike" or whatever. Technically, it would be a sub-sub-race, since it's a subset of a variant of an existing race, heh. But... anywho.

I'm fairly certain that the "subrace" aspect most people are referring to is that aspect. Like I said, it might not actually be a "sub-sub-race" option in character creation. It might just be a different set of aesthetic options when "Godlike" is selected. *shrug*. Either way, it's still kind of a subset within "Godlike." "What kind of Godlike?," to put it simply.

Edited by Lephys

I will say it one more time... nothing released about Godlikes so far (unless they released something and I somehow missed it) suggests Godlikes are actually related to gods at all.  People just "think" they are.

Methinks you might've missed le following, from Update #43:

The godlike are the children of humanoids (most often humans) who have been "blessed" (or cursed, depending on personal or social view) with the physical manifestation of a divine spark granted by the gods. Godlike manifest their divine heritage in a variety of ways: wings, horns, strange birthmarks, talons, odd eyes - but they always manifest it somehow.

You make a good argument, but don't forget that in PE there are factions that actually debate if the gods are gods at all and they pretty much take no direct hand in anything.  It is possible what the layman of the Dyrwood calls a "god" is just a really powerful spiritual being.

We shall see!

You make a good argument, but don't forget that in PE there are factions that actually debate if the gods are gods at all and they pretty much take no direct hand in anything.  It is possible what the layman of the Dyrwood calls a "god" is just a really powerful spiritual being.

We shall see!

Regardless of whether or not it's actually "officially" a god, it's still actually manifesting external "unnatural" forces upon a Godlike upon their birth, rather than that person simply looking funny and everyone simply alleging that they've been influenced in some manner by a god/powerful-being-who-isn't-actually-a-god.

Plus, "Really-Powerful-Spiritual-Being-Like" is a mouthful. 8)