godlikes  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What type of godlikes whoud you like to see (play) ?

• Angelic inspired (Asimar)
    • Demonic inspired
    • Death Gods, Shinigami, reaper inspired (more dark ghost with death assosiation ones)
    • Animal/ nature/ plant inspired.
    • Mythical creatures inspirations (minotaur, centaur, tytan etc)
    • Inspired on elementals (fire genasi etc)
    • Other or not-dimensional/ other plane creatures (Githzerai)
    • Aliens, furrys, pokemons or other wierd stuff
    • other or don't have opinion
    • I don't want to see any kind of godlikes.
  2. 2. How many subraces og godlikes whoud you like to see ?

• more then 10
    • more then 6 bot not more then 10
    • more then 2 but not more then 6.
    • only 2
    • only 1

Like above what type od "godlikes" whoud you like to see, and what sort inspiration whoud you like to see for that race ? We know that goodlikes (at least one of them) will risemble navi with deer crossover ...

Edited by Ulquiorra

I'm sorry but I'm not too knowledgeable about the specifics of this race; is there much appeal beyond the obvious egotistical reasons to play a "Godlike"?

It's actually hard work. You have to deal with people's prayers and wishes and various organized religions' heads, and without the powers of a real god.

• Like 2

I'm sorry but I'm not too knowledgeable about the specifics of this race; is there much appeal beyond the obvious egotistical reasons to play a "Godlike"?

It depends on how they gonna be like at the end of the "makeing game" process. If they are nothing more then randomicly selected by goods fenomena and beside look and powers they don't have any real association to the gods then propably no ...

But if for example will be obligated to some kind of other traits like "elemental-like" are more argessive, or holly like like lawfull good then mayby yes.

I personaly whoud love to se some kind of non-typical godlikes that are not made by gods but revange spirits or other dark ghost like reaper. When i whoud like to play it i whoud like to play as cursed creature that has feeling like other humans but fight hi "reaper" menality ... for example to kill everyone in the room ... i whoud be awsome if i whoud have that kind of "original" gameplay if selecting godlike ....

I personaly whoud not like the idea "more buffed humans with horns" becouse mayby they are stronger and more buffed then normal humans but also they shoud need some disadvantages like "holly likes fight their servant menatlity" or "helllikes fight their sadistic killer inpulses etc" ...

I'm sorry but I'm not too knowledgeable about the specifics of this user; is there much appeal beyond the obvious egotistical reasons to play a "forum troll"?

If you are talking about me then by this moment you trolling me, trilling is provocation to piss someone off, is my thread aboyt posibilitis of godlike race in eternity is pissing you of ?

If it is then 98% of therds on this forum is trolling :)

I'm sorry but I'm not too knowledgeable about the specifics of this user; is there much appeal beyond the obvious egotistical reasons to play a "forum troll"?

If you are talking about me then by this moment you trolling me, trilling is provocation to piss someone off, is my thread aboyt posibilitis of godlike race in eternity is pissing you of ?

If it is then 98% of therds on this forum is trolling :)

I believe he's referring to me. Some people just seem to get an incredible sense of achievement out of pointing their finger at others and moaning... I think the mentality here is something like "if you demonstrate a sense of humor once, you should never be taken seriously" or something. Anyway, hopefully this thread can be returned to the topic at hand rather than falling to the old trick of trolling people by accusing them of being the troll.

• Like 1

Don't bait him/her.

As for the question, I'm expecting a wide range of appearances : classic semi-elementals (Genasi), people who are otherwordly beautiful (Aasimar), some who have difformities that seem totally random (Tiefling), people who have a strong environement theme (the lady from the concept art). I'm sure there would be a lot of choices.

• Like 1

I'd prefer if the weak blood of the godlikes mortal half was an almost negligible portion of their physical make-up, so that in essence a godlike will appear as his divine half mandates (the mandate of heaven?) rather than the flesh dictates. Saying that I wouldn't mind a Satyr appearance, l'apres midi d'un faun.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'd prefer if the weak blood of the godlikes mortal half was an almost negligible portion of their physical make-up, so that in essence a godlike will appear as his divine half mandates (the mandate of heaven?) rather than the flesh dictates.

Does his mortal half also get a crown and a castle? :)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

If the godlike characters can turn the tide in boss battles, Then more than ten of types of these guy and one for each deity in the Parthenon.

I don't normally date planetouched girls, but when I do the Tiefling is already in the sack 

stay rolling my friends!  :fdevil: 

If the godlike characters can turn the tide in boss battles, Then more than ten of types of these guy and one for each deity in the Parthenon.

You know beside fights i think that project eternity will also have some role playing part of the game, this isn't diablo 3.

My guess is they're going to be like the Planetouched of NWN2, with some angelic, demonic, and elemental inspiration. In fact, since the creators have control over who the gods are and there aren't hundreds of them like in the Forgotten Realms, I'm guessing the godlike will have minor features similar to their deities; fire-like features for those touched by the war goddess, etc. I rather hope for diverse choices.

Edited by Faerunner

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

You know beside fights i think that project eternity will also have some role playing part of the game, this isn't diablo 3.

I know. I'm not much of a D3 anymore

One thing I want to happen is if My avatar is the son or daughter of Magran, then Cadegund has to have few fan girl moments like praise Magran spawn.

Sorry bout ignoring the role playing.

I don't normally date planetouched girls, but when I do the Tiefling is already in the sack 

I don't think the idea behind godlike is that they're a mix between the power-rating of mortals and the power ratings of deities. I think it's more just characteristics of the gods that create a sort of hybrid person of whatever race, resulting in simply a different person than a strictly better person.

The effects of this will be dynamic. Maybe, as a godlike, some people will be more easily intimidated (because they're afraid of godlike), whereas others will straight-out be less amiable (because they hate godlike). Not to mention you might have subtle, inherent ability/skill bonuses as a certain type of godlike, along with specifically-paired detriments, I'm sure. You know... higher base Perception, but lower base Willpower. That kind of thing.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

One thing I want to happen is if My avatar is the son or daughter of Magran, then Cadegund has to have few fan girl moments like praise Magran spawn.

Godlikes aren't demi-gods, and what makes you think that Magran's followers would accept a Magran-godlike with open arms? Maybe they're considered abominations by the faith because they steal a fraction of their god's power or because their existence is the symbol of an old trick played on Magran by some other deity!
  • Like 1

^ Excellent possibilities, Sannom!

Also, topic name = mental image of godlike piloting small submersible craft and hurling turtle shells and banana peels at each other. 8P

Godlikes aren't demi-gods, and what makes you think that Magran's followers would accept a Magran-godlike with open arms? Maybe they're considered abominations by the faith because they steal a fraction of their god's power or because their existence is the symbol of an old trick played on Magran by some other deity!

Whether Magran's follow like or display, there has to be some interaction between Magran godlike character and Cadegund. Cadegund can totally an enemy or friend because she isn't really focus to be a companion anyway.

Of all the races, the one that I'm least sure of wether it has earned its right in the game is the Godlike. So far, we had people who are partly gods, factions that like to flagellate themselves, souls everywhere, and colonialism thrown in for good measure. I'm still looking for the red thread here.

• Like 1

Of all the races, the one that I'm least sure of wether it has earned its right in the game is the Godlike. So far, we had people who are partly gods, factions that like to flagellate themselves, souls everywhere, and colonialism thrown in for good measure. I'm still looking for the red thread here.

I agree with this. So far the godlike feel a lot more like an extra 'cool thing' thrown onto the top rather than an organic part of the design. It's still early days though, and we've really not seen much about them. In particular, the elemental godlike concept art really threw me though - it doesn't look like it shares any sensibilities with any of the other worldbuilding material.

hahahahahahahaa

that has good .. so what ... if develeopers made a cows and chickens in game so what they need to ERN they place in game ?

Godlikes, elves, dwarwes, ogres, aumauamamuama race and other are in this game becouse obsidian discovered they whoud like to made them .. is there enything that gives them more rights to be in this game ?

I don't really see an issue with the mere concept of godlike in the world of P:E. And I'm not really seeing enough specific information on them to decide one way or the other how quality the fully-fleshed-out race is.

For what it's worth, they did state that those elemental concepts (like, what... 12 updates back or so?) were most likely going to be more subdued before being complete. That's how you artistically brainstorm. You start with the first/best thing you can think of for "what would an elementally-infused person look like?" Then you keep refining it from there, using visual cues from what you've actually got down on paper.

So, I'm not trying to be rude, but I really think that drawing some kind of conclusion based on what little we have so far on the godlike is somewhat pointless. Asking for more info isn't, however. Nor is discussing what may and may not be feasible possibilities for the factors and specifics we do not yet know.

I just kind of feel like people are unwrapping a boxed gift, then looking at the box and saying "Hmm... this doesn't seem like a very interesting gift. It's a box." Except, you know... we can't open the box yet. 8P

• Like 1

So, I'm not trying to be rude, but I really think that drawing some kind of conclusion based on what little we have so far on the godlike is somewhat pointless.

I'm still looking for the red thread here.

How exactly is that pointless?