Hello Eternity people! I'm a huge fan of RPGs and such, those like the original Fallout and I'm a diehard fan of Arcanum.
I was nosing around, and I came across a few topics that have asked about 'Arcanum 2' or similar.

​I know PE won't be an official Arcanum 2, since after Troika fell, and Sierra was bought out by Activision the publishing rights would fall to them and Blizzard (I read that on House of Lords I believe.)
But none the less; I look forward to PE.

Loving Arcanum so much, and reading into both Eternity and Arcanum, whilst fiddling with the worldmaps, I came to an amusing discovery.
It seems that if you rotate the Eternity worldmap by 180 degrees, you can start to make out some similarities between both worlds, albeit slight ones, but still interesting.

Here are some images I've taken the time to comprise:

"StoneWall Mountain Range":
http://i.imgur.com/cB4uB42.png

"Vendigroth Wastes":
http://i.imgur.com/K10Kujx.png

"Thanatos":
http://i.imgur.com/D9pVQal.png

"Shrouded Hills' River":
http://i.imgur.com/Nmpq5n7.png

Though I have unmeasurable love for Arcanum, there are more inconsistencies than similarities between both maps, but I thought I would share this with the forums, perhaps to amuse fellow Arcanum and Eternity fans alike.

Who knows... maybe Eternity is what its name denotes; maybe Eternity is a prequel to Arcanum or something, perhaps set before an extinction event, millions of years ago before a polar reversal and great landmass change. Otherwise perhaps we can at least hope to see a 'Virgil' Easter egg. xD

• Like 1

Arcanum is actually Eternity: 40K.

8)

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I adored Arcanum, but despite some broad similarities (fantasy world on the verge or in the midst of industrialisation), the general air I've gotten from the developers and Sawyer's Formspring is that P:E will have a far more serious tone and what humour that will be in it will be in-universe rather than meta or based on references to pop culture (which Arcanum was out the ass with, not that I minded it).

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

To be fair I also noticed that at somepoint , but I really hope it is only a case of shout-out , and not actually twist , mainly because arcanum shtick was that it was generic fantasy that entered in to industrial revolution if you take away steampunk of it , setting ends up pretty bland.