Humble Bundle Store Thread

Meh, Dead Space is a trashy corridor shooter and I also hate Crysis 2.  I'll pass on that one.

Deep Silver Bundle up

Saints Row 2

Saints Row 3

Risen 2

Sacred 2 Gold

bonus titles for more than the average

Saints Row 3 DLC

Dead Island GOTY

Bonus for more than 25 bucks

Dead Island Riptide

Now this was a good one.  Purchased for Risen 2 and Sacred 2 mostly, though I have no idea what to expect from Sacred 2.

Save RPGs

Saying Dragon Age 2 is the worst recent Bioware RPG is like saying the Ferrari California is the worst Ferrari. It's still a Ferrari; an elite, top-tier, without much competition in today's industry.

Don't suppose there's any news on whether any additional titles will be unlocked? Haven't really followed the previous HB's enough to tell whether such a thing is guaranteed or not.

Would be the difference between buying to make a donation and buying to play stuff in terms of amount.

Answering my own question - second hand info and not sure what the source is (besides this stolen screenie), but anyway:

dHgtwGC.png

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

4 additional games is kind of a big addition. I expected Dead Space 2. I thought maybe a DLC as well.

As for donation, as long as you pay over $1, you get the games, then there's the beat the average. The entire amount can go to the chairty. No option to even have money go to EA, though you can do Humble tip still.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

4 additional games is kind of a big addition. I expected Dead Space 2. I thought maybe a DLC as well.

As for donation, as long as you pay over $1, you get the games, then there's the beat the average. The entire amount can go to the chairty. No option to even have money go to EA, though you can do Humble tip still.

In the Deep Silver one I paid the dollar since I already had the SR3 whole package and didn't care about Dead Island, and I'm dead broke so I'm not passing up games for a buck. Then they added Risen, Metro, and Sacred Citadel and I got all those too, despite them being added to the "pay more than the average" tier. That was pretty sweet.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You get steam keys for Dead Space, Burnout, Crysis 2, Medal of Honor and Mirror's Edge. It's possible to activate keys on both Origin and Steam, but the license says you're not allowed to give surplus keys away. Personal use only.

You're not supposed to, anyway.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Threw in $10, half to Humble half to charity. I haven't used Origin in over a year (since ME3, the only previous purchased game I have on the platform, which I quit two days in), so I was a little worried about any potential issues - but it worked clean enough. Registered the games (well, only Burnout and Mirror's Edge) easily, but The Sims 3 requires using the clunky Sims 3 website instead of Origin.

And Origin got a little confused because I have the disc version of TS3 installed. It made me uninstall that (but not the existing disc-based expansions) before allowing installation of the Stuff pack from the bundle, which meant I had to download ~7GB worth of data that minutes ago was already on my PC. Then when I tried to test launching the game, it still asked for the CD of my newest expansion, so I had to uninstall that too and download it via Origin, after registering its key on the website, to remove the disc check. Fortunately I didn't have to reinstall the two middle expansions that I had. Blah, at least it works now, and happy to confirm that the non-Origin disc-based content works fine with the digital copy of the base game.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Apparently todays weekly is a paradox bundle. Hopefully I wont have already owned it all

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I already have Civ3, which I can't play anymore whenever I want to because they updated the old DRM with new CEG. I can't see why I would want to pay 1 cent more for other Civ games that Steam wont let me play. On the other hand, if they had a DRM-free copy of even just Civ3 if you beat the average, I'd be all over that.

All Valve has to do is get a real offline mode instead of a buggy simulated online mode, and I'll shut up about it.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Hmm, so even Civ4 which is DRM-free these days (they patched out the CD check) is only being distributed as a key? Though it's a moot point since only Railroads! would be of value to me, and even then for curiosity more than anything (I know it doesn't even attempt to be Railroad Tycoon). Guessing the addon games if they happen would be Pirates 2004 and, er I don't know what a second game might be.

Still waiting to pick up the new MPS games on GOG. But Civ2 and Gettysburg/Antietam still nowhere to be seen. :(

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I would imagine that either Firaxis and/or 2K have the rights to anything with the Civ name on it, which is why it's not on GOG, but Colonization is. I think EA still has Gettysburg/Antietam though, so perhaps someday. There's still lots of old EA games I would like to see there.

I would imagine that Civ4 probably got updated with the new Steam CEG at about the same time that Civ3 did on Steam, so you can't just boot it straight up from (if it was anything like what Civ3 was) the tricky to find batch file that was put into a sub directory. I could be wrong, and I'd be all over it if I was.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

In case you missed the Humble Double Fine Bundle, this weeks weekly bundle is from Double Fine. This time instead of Broken Age, for at least $16.74 you can get early access to Spacebase.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Also, they are doing Amnesia Fortnight 2014 through Humble.

https://www.humblebundle.com/doublefine

Edited by babaganoosh13

Pirates and some minor Civ 5 DLC have been added to the Sid Meier bundle

Its such a good bundle it almost makes me angry that I already own all of it

Devastatorsig.jpg

Scooped it up mostly for Antichamber (I love puzzle games).  I already own Giana Sisters (it's quite good).  Guacameele looks like it might be cool.  I have no clue what The Swapper is.  I've heard of Dust, but have no clue whether it's any good.  I have no interest in Monaco.  This is just adding to my already ridiculous backlog (someone stop me, I need help!).  It will be a miracle if I actually play any of these games in the next few months.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks