I would like to have the chants spoken continuously during combat but we'll have to test that out to make sure it isn't obnoxious.  Roars will be loud, but phrases may be relatively soft, "charm of making"-style.

It could be annoying after a while... maybe you'll find a solution where the more chanters you have in your party, the louder it is. After all with more chanters it becomes more and more your main way of winning a combat.

In that case it would be awesome if different chants would actually fit together if they are spoken simultaneously. You know, like your typical Gregorian chant that is made of many different voices. They can be different voice types and different rhythms (and even different speeds), and of course different words, but it all fits together and becomes one giant chant.

I imagine that to be very interesting, unique and not annoying at all. :)

Maybe they could begin loudly and clearly (each time the chanter starts a new phrase) and fade into a sort of trance-like, subdued melody? For lack of a better term. Not like a song, but almost like someone maintaining a pitch when speaking some words over and over, instead of simply speaking them as if speaking them.

A little like the Dwarves in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey when they were recanting the tale of of their home's fall. I know that was more a song, but... the effect of their voices sort of merging and becoming sustained and resonating. But, they could become a bit more subdued and blend into the "background" more, so as not to overpower everything else that's going on, or become too powerful in their repetition/cycle. *shrug*

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Charm of Making as in that used in Excalibur? If so I have no utterance but for, HELL YES!

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I was thinking more musical, but this works too.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.