Hi..

I own an Eyefinity-System and I love playing games in huge resolutions (5780x1080). As a matter of fact, a game like Project Eterniy is not the typical type of game supporting huge resulitions because of the restrictions/size of maps/dungeons/whatever. Nonetheless a proper support of eyefinty(AMD)/Surround(Nvidia) with a centered UI and proper "zoom" would be a great plus to the game.

Maybe it would be possible to use the both side monitors for maps/inventory etc.

• Like 1

In theory I'd be all over it, but actually I can't see the use.

In first thought, having inventory and maps and journals and stuff on the other monitor sounds fine.

But I assume invoking the inventory pauses the game, so.. either the side screen would be empty and then the inventory pops there when called for,

or the inventory stays open in the side all the time and multimonitor users are at disadvantage of having to manually pause.

Or maybe a side monitor could show a view of the action at different zoom level?

But even that, I'm not sure it'd be real advantage or benefit, worth the effort.

What I'm trying to say, there'd need to be real advantage, not just support multi-monitor setups for the sake of supporting them.

Makes sense to have a map or combat log on additional monitors, I can't think of any other uses but I'm sure there are. It would be cool for the interface to be script-able enough that any window in-game you can have on the primary you can also have on an additional monitor. This is work for Obsidian and probably not a priority, I don't think Unity3D has native support, although if they allow PE to render in a border less window then the OS will deal with it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you have three monitors, then naturally you want them all to be used because having the gameplay screen surround you is great to look at. So yeah, multi-monitor support please, at the very least make it a stretchable window like Age of Empires 2 HD was

• 11 months later...

^^^ what this guy said.

I'm always watching Hulu or Netflix or Youtube while playing a game. I call it being "productive" hehe. But definitely playing windowed would be a huge win for all the other "productive" gamers out there.  :w00t:

Considering it's an isometric perspective game where you really need to center around your party, I'm not sure I'd see it as a priority.

That being said it would be damned hilarious and I hope it happens, just so someone with like 6 4k 30" monitors can show off their sweet set up with it.

Considering it's an isometric perspective game where you really need to center around your party, I'm not sure I'd see it as a priority.

That being said it would be damned hilarious and I hope it happens, just so someone with like 6 4k 30" monitors can show off their sweet set up with it.

It still wouldn't be as sweet as WeerdBeard's setup for one of my all-time favorite games. :w00t:

Ok, I was only joking when I mentioned that it was ridiculous that this game wasn't supporting the occulus rift or 6 monitor setups.  Unfortunately it seems ideas have been put into peoples heads now. :facepalm:

A 2d game for the Rift... BRILLIANT! I demand this, DEMAND! I'm a backer so I'm in charge of everything! In fact, this should be like a tabletop simulated 3d. With your characters in 3d and the backgrounds as a 2d tabletop, and then the game should support co-op and you should be able to look around the virtual table to see other players. I demand the entire game be re-written as an Oculus only D&D tabletop simulator.

Having options, is always best. I would prefer first to Size the window, without borders, AND have support for a second screen with inventor/character sheets/journals etc... having these options are a must have, but sooo many developpers just don't do it. But some linux designers allow and create this stuff easily for thier work all the time. Why not for us gamers \!!

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

• 2 months later...