Searching for a voice actor

Lexx

Yeah, I am in the need of some help for my current modding project, a mission pack for the game Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty (link on GOG, if anyone has no clue what game it is).

I am searching for someone who can do me a english officer voice for the intro / cutscene briefing. Something in the style of the original game would be great. ->

In fact, if I could get a voice actor for the actual briefing text (shown in the very beginning of the video above), it would be fancy too- but the cutscenes have a higher priority right now.

My modification adds 6 new missions to the game. The amount of spoken text I'll need for each mission is approx the lenght of what you can hear in the video above.

The missions itself are pretty much finished. Currently I am just fixing bugs and tweaking the position of enemy soldiers, etc. So the only thing that is keeping me away from a release are proof reading and the lack of a voice actor.

Now... would anyone nr interested in it? Or does someone know someone who might be interested? As it's a mod project, obviously there won't be any money involved... but then again, if it's a really great voice (and audio file quality) and the price isn't too high, I might be able to give a little bit, if needed...

Oh, and here are some screenshots, because I don't like to post such a request without showing anything.

screen03.thumb.png screen04.thumb.png screen05.thumb.png

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I don't know how good of quality my mic is, but I could test it out when I get home. Outside of a

that I was briefly in after seeing them in a concert the previous day, I haven't done anything since college.

However I've seen a boat load of British television and movies since then. I'll see how I sound, make some files, and send them to you in a few days if I don't sound a lot worse than I think I do, and my mic doesn't completely sucks. Fortunately it's only been about 4 years since I've last mixed voices and music, so I hopefully haven't lost that ability...yet.

EDIT - Of course, an actual English person would be a lot better than me.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

However I've seen a boat load of British television and movies since then. I'll see how I sound, make some files, and send them to you in a few days if I don't sound a lot worse than I think I do, and my mic doesn't completely sucks. Fortunately it's only been about 4 years since I've last mixed voices and music, so I hopefully haven't lost that ability...yet.

EDIT - Of course, an actual English person would be a lot better than me.

Would be great. At least trying won't hurt anybody. :)

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I've got to bring my computer back into town to re-activate my mixer. The Windows one wont cut it with my mic. My English definitely needs a bit of work as it's a bit inconsistant, and campier than what I remember, but my Irish is still better than Pitt's in Snatch. Thank you Father Ted.

I think I'll bug the people at work tonight speaking in an English accent all night. I'll fall asleep to The Saint. The Roger Moore ones, not the Val Kilmer one. Maybe I'll wake up with a bad Russian accent instead. :lol:

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I'll fall asleep to The Saint. The Roger Moore ones, not the Val Kilmer one. Maybe I'll wake up with a bad Russian accent instead. :lol:

Could be worse, you could fall asleep to Sir Roger in THE PERSUADERS! only for the episode to turn out to be "That's Me Over There" and end up with Tony Curtis' attempt at an English accent.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'll fall asleep to The Saint. The Roger Moore ones, not the Val Kilmer one. Maybe I'll wake up with a bad Russian accent instead. :lol:

Could be worse, you could fall asleep to Sir Roger in THE PERSUADERS! only for the episode to turn out to be "That's Me Over There" and end up with Tony Curtis' attempt at an English accent.

I never even heard of that show until now. I see it's by the same studio/production company and a regular director of The Saint. I might have to pick that up.

------------------

I'm waaaay out of practice with my straight English accent. I tried reading the PST book, and my worst attempt sounded like I was putting an accent aigu at the end of most of the words. Tony Curtis put me to shame. It also didn't help that my allergies started acting up after I woke up.

On the other hand, I still have a pretty mean gumby.

mp-gumby.jpg

I can keep practicing, but you would probably be better off with just about any English person over me right now, if that is the accent you want to match the game.