I still can't avoid those big red circle attacks all the time. Run out of stamina too often compared to how often/fast they can cast it. Or I'm stuck in the middle of an attack animation/response delay and it doesn't end soon enough for me to step out of the way. :p In the quest stuff at least, most of the time you can just quaff potions and be fine anyway.

I imagine in the dungeons the cleric aggro would have me running around in circles, unable to do much between healing/buff cast timers, a lot more. Hope for group players that the changes will help with the healer aggro I read so much about. They should pull some aggro, but sounds like it is/was pretty unbalanced. :lol:

Yeah, healers pull way too much aggro at the moment.  Supposedly the balancing update will address this.  Also, they will be reducing the cooldowns on most of the GWF skills.  Personally, I don't think the GWF is underpowered, but if they want to buff my class up a bit I'm not going to argue.  ;)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Generic MMO with the DnD name plastered all over it.

Surprised to see Obsidian members embracing this crap.  :facepalm:

well, it's an MMO only on paper. in reality it's a single-player game, with the ability to team up with others. like I said earlier, it's very similar to NWN in this regard, only its quests are too repetitive. it reminds me of Fable a lot, actually.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Ooh, it's in the middle of downloading a 1.5 GB patch.  Could this be the long awaited balance update?  Surely it's not one of the regular patches, those are usually like 50-100 MB.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm guessing the 1.5 GB download was a pre-download for either the upcoming balance update or, more likely, the live launch including the Gauntlgrym content as nothing really changed in-game, plus the patching happened after I left the game rather than upon launching, like it usually does.

In other news, I got my mailsmith up to level 18.  2 more levels and 2 dragon eggs and I'll be able to make a purple scale shirt and purple pants for myself.  Also, I now have 4 rank 6 dark enchantments, but I'm going to look to get some preservation wards on the cheap to make sure I don't waste any trying to fuse to rank 7.  Rank 6s are expensive and/or time consuming enough to acquire that I'm not leaving things up to chance.  At 40% success rate of fusion, the odds aren't in my favor anyway.  I also got a couple shard types up to 4 each, so I can fuse them into lesser enchantments, but I need coalescent wards for that.  Gah, so many hoops to jump through.

:p

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Also, I now have 4 rank 6 dark enchantments, but I'm going to look to get some preservation wards on the cheap to make sure I don't waste any trying to fuse to rank 7.

They're just 100 zen for 10 pres. wards. With the AD to Zen exchange rate these days, I buy them semi-frequently.

Up to Rank 6 at least, tends to go in cycles, where you'll lose a few in a row then it'll succeed a few in a row, then lose 1, then succeed twice, then lose 2, that sort of thing. I think I read the top attempt has a default 5% chance (?), so at that point I can only imagine how many p. wards one would burn through. People still want too much for the C. Wards, imo.

I didn't get any download

It's just a pre-download/prep. thingie. They changed it so when you exit the game, the launcher comes back up and starts downloading. If you exit the launcher it supposedly saves the D/L to resume next time if you want. I have yet to bother and always click it shut.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

funny how I lost 6 rank 4 enchantments in a row trying to fuse them, before running out... I'm never fusing anything past rank 4 without a ward again

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

What's the max level of rune/enchant that drops from enemies? Lvl4? I'm 48/in the snowy area and lvl3's fall pretty constantly now.

I've been trying to take advantage of the skill nodes that appear close to quest instances, before the patch maybe removes/nerfs a lot of them. Mostly for that small chance of the blue crafting assets. Does get boring doing the same 20 feet of area over and over and over...

And my panther is finally lvl25, so all six of his gear slots are open. Not that I'm ready to put anything fantastic in those slots yet. His ring/tailsman/necklace etc. are all "white" so it costs nothing to remove them. His runes are lvl5 tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've never gotten a drop higher than rank 4, not even in an endgame dungeon.  Haven't done a tier 2 endgame dungeon yet, though.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

finally finished that godawful zone Mount Hotenow, never coming back there again...

Walsingham said:

NWO-0069.jpg

Hm. 1600x4 (worker slots) x 7 (total chrs) x7 (one week) = 313,600k AD per week (and 1000+ zen a week/exchange). And you don't even have to have Leadership at lvl20. If more slots available, even more.

...screw making workers or items to sell on the AH at the whim of demand and the high AH posting fee. That's good enough for me. (edit: you do have to keep an eye out for when that one special task appears, but that's no biggie via the Gateway)

NWO-0069.jpg

Hm. 1600x4 (worker slots) x 7 (total chrs) x7 (one week) = 313,600k AD per week (and 1000+ zen a week/exchange). And you don't even have to have Leadership at lvl20. If more slots available, even more.

...screw making workers or items to sell on the AH at the whim of demand and the high AH posting fee. That's good enough for me. (edit: you do have to keep an eye out for when that one special task appears, but that's no biggie via the Gateway)

That's cool, but you need those resources.  The armor is no problem, but the blue resource I'm betting is harder to get.  Still, I can't wait to get Leadership to lev 13 so I can take advantage of this.  I wish I had figured out earlier that I can sell horses for 7-8k AD a pop in AH.  Since I have no other use for gold, other than keeping 2 or 3 gold pieces in case I need potions, I'm buying up horses and selling them to make AD.

@sorophx - I didn't mind Mt. Hotenow, I actually kind of liked it.  I really hated Icespire, though.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The armor is no problem, but the blue resource I'm betting is harder to get.

That's the beauty of it....Leadership makes its own resources via the tasks. :biggrin:

So first you make lots of the blue scroll thingies as a start (it's a regular task, not a "special" one), then alternate between the diamonds when it shows up and more blue scrolls.

NWO-0070.jpg

At lvl 19 there's something similar, only you also get a purple random "treasure chest" along with the diamonds.

NWO-0071.jpg

I'm considering trying this when I'm done assembling my new rig, would any of you recommend it to someone who normally dislikes MMOs?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm willing to bet the chance of getting those 2x rare profession resources is about 1 or 2%, but yeah it's cool how Leadership makes its own resources,  What sucks is there are no high exp jobs so it takes a long time to level up.  I can tell you at level 18 mailsmithing needs like a bajillion exp to advance to 19, but at least I can crank out scale pants at 500 exp each at 50 min or so a pop.

;)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yeah, I'm not interested in the chests. Getting Leader to lvl10 doesn't take too long (endless Explore Area's and 100's and 100's of local maps!) but after that it does slow down, especially if you want the rewards so everything takes 2+ hours. Helps when you have 5 Adventurers. :p But if one's main objective is to get the diamonds, once you're 13, who cares how long it takes to get to 20. Can use the other professions for the 3@20 goal at some point, if one wants. ;) I forgot, too...I think at 20 you can get the 1600 diamonds without any resource at all, just sword/armor.

I'm considering trying this when I'm done assembling my new rig, would any of you recommend it to someone who normally dislikes MMOs?

Depends on why you normally dislike MMO's. If it's cause you typically like to do things solo, it's plenty doable solo. However like most MMO's, the "end game" if you're largely a loner isn't going to be super exciting ... not with the way the Foundry currently is. If that ever gets better then one could do a lot of those at the end, but right now it seems like it'd be a bit repetitive/not enough variety.

But there are some changes planned and things planned to be added, so one might want to wait until the game is a little more sussed out before trying. Then again, it's free to try, so....

Yeah, but with so many MMOs free these days (Rift is going free to play, er, today) it's a question of prioritising and time management. For this game, I can't really give a good answer since I never even made it to level 10, but I'd say one strength for those who like their MMOs with a slice of action is that it's got a bit more focus on mobility in combat and relatively few skills, as opposed to rote usage of a dozen different skills. I'm told Tera is probably most similar combatwise, but never played that myself; or GW2 without the automatic cooperation. I didn't really see anything resembling a plot, nor any meaningful agency in terms of RPing.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Why oh why must I be the sort to obsess over things like leveling professions/commerce meta-games? I get so sucked into this crap. *shakes head*

finally finished that godawful zone Mount Hotenow, never coming back there again...

I'll think I'm getting closeish to that area. What's so terrible about it? So far I'm still largely having no trouble outside of the bosses w/their cheesy adds. But then, I'm a cleric. They really are the solo-EZ. Divine Power/AoE whammo.

My rogue kicked butt for a while but at 35ish she's starting to gobble potions like mad if there's more than 2 or 3. Course, I don't tend to keep upgrading the gear much lately. Some of her gear is still lvl25ish. Heh.

I'll think I'm getting closeish to that area. What's so terrible about it?

first of all, the crumb trail that serves as your guidance doesn't work in the last part of the zone. so if you don't know that and have already gotten used to following the trail around, you'll be in for a nasty surprise. and that particular area isn't easy to navigate either. it's very bland looking, it's a bit hard to tell where you are until you get familiarized with it more. and it's full of narrow passages filled with tough mobs (you'll know which ones I'm talking about once you encounter them for the first time, they always spawn in pairs, have a lot of health and have a very nasty special attack, that can kill you in seconds if you're not careful).

this last area also has a very strange layout, it's a big crater where the quest givers hang around the camp on the top, and you'll have to travel to the bottom more than once. after spending 30 minutes trying to get back to the top the first time around, me and my friend would just die after completing quests so we didn't have to ride all the way back every time.

the last quest before the main dungeon is also quite difficult, has powerful mobs with AoE attacks bunched up in a couple of places. to tell you the truth, I have no idea how one can complete it solo. my friend and I wiped once, and until that point we had found all other quests easy.

Walsingham said:

Yeah, but with so many MMOs free these days (Rift is going free to play, er, today) it's a question of prioritising and time management. For this game, I can't really give a good answer since I never even made it to level 10, but I'd say one strength for those who like their MMOs with a slice of action is that it's got a bit more focus on mobility in combat and relatively few skills, as opposed to rote usage of a dozen different skills. I'm told Tera is probably most similar combatwise, but never played that myself; or GW2 without the automatic cooperation. I didn't really see anything resembling a plot, nor any meaningful agency in terms of RPing.

Yeah, Tera is definitely similar to how Neverwinter plays, but at least with Neverwinter you don't have to deal with the incredibly creepy loli/furry fetish aspect.  Movement on the battlefield becomes even more important in endgame dungeon boss fights.  It's all about dodging AoEs and effectively utilizing skills that relieve or make you temporarily immune to stuns or knockdowns. 

Another good thing about Neverwinter, as compared to other F2Ps, is that you level super quickly.  Also, you truly NEVER have to buy anything via microtransactios and you can easily make it to endgame and hve a viable character.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Man, I am loving the horse trade on the AH.  I can easily make close to the 5 gold it takes to buy a horse in a day just from my regular play, without any excess grinding.  I can then sell said horse in the AH for somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 or 9k AD on average.  That's a nice little source of income, I hope it lasts.

:dancing:

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

too bad we're on the same server. I don't want to flood the AH with horses and ruin your business, otherwise I'd be all over it now  :biggrin:

Walsingham said:

too bad we're on the same server. I don't want to flood the AH with horses and ruin your business, otherwise I'd be all over it now  :biggrin:

Go for it, I doubt just one player could really flood the market.  I'm hoping the June 20th launch brings in new players and creates a horse buying frenzy that further drives up prices.

:yes:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸