The only difference is she gets knocked unconscious significantly quicker.

I guess that was my main curiosity ... does she survive long enough in a fight to still be useful, or does she go down so fast that much of the time she's dead weight in a fight. That would apply to all companions really (I hear most go down easily in 60 dungeons and static-effect non-attacking companions might be better then) ... just seems like if they're only lvl-15 it'd be that much worse.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm just over halfway up to level 56 now and still romping through Mt. Hotenow.  I like that it's set up in a way that it's possible, if you're careful, to go from one section of the area to another without having to fight anyone.  You do have to be careful when fighting not to pull other groups into your fight or things will get really grim really quick, but it's not ridiculously bunched up like Icespire.  Also, I should hit lev 14 mailsmithing and can start training a rank 3 mailsmith (I've been training rank 2s on the side in preparation of this, so I have the 4 necessary to go right away once I hit lev 14 mailsmithing).

Anyway, that level cap is so close now, that I can almost taste it. 

yummy.gif

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My main has gained two levels (35 to 37) from Leadership alone this week. Haha!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You guys seem to be leveling very quickly. What's the level cap in the game?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

60, I believe. And yeah, leveling is fast, at least if you do all the quests.

At this rate you're going to blow through all the content before the game comes out of beta. Not that that's a bad idea.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yeah the leveling in this game is insanely fast.  Heck, you could level up every couple of days doing nothing but praying to your god 3 times each day.  Speaking of which, I just hit lev 56.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Found a use for my Founder diamonds. Well, some of them. Grabbed 4 blue Leadership guys and 4 blue chainsmithing guys off the AH (700k AD, haha!). Used the miners on all chrs. to open up an extra slot, so all my alts have 3 crafting spots (my main Cleric has 5 now). Nice that they let you mail the craft workers around. :p

3 alts work on nothing but hiring new crafting guys, the others on boosting their crafting levels. Works out well. Then going to start selling blue and purple crafters myself. Then I'll be sooper AD rich in prep for if/when they start adding more stuff to get with diamonds months later.

Main Cleric is almost 40 now, mostly from Leadership. I gave up and started skipping quests because of that ... just poking my nose into an area, taking one quest to see the layout and what the area is about etc, then move on.

wow, you have a crafting syndicate there already :D you should try EVE, it's pretty much all economics as far as I understand, and you can make real money in it

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Yeah, I have 5 profession slots right now and am on the cusp of getting a 6th.  I always have at least one guy training pretty much at all times, because getting a rank 3 takes so much effort (16 rank 1s > 4 rank 2s > 1 rank 3).  I currently have 1 rank 3 mailsmith, a rank 2 getting trained, and 2 rank 1s with another rank 1 in training.

In other news, I just ran the Karrundax dungeon run and hit level 59 in the process.  The farming for EPIC LOOTZ!!1!111! begins now.  I'll essentially always be in a queue for either the Karrundax run or whatever the one at the end of Whispering Cavers is.  In the meantime, I'll continue cutting up filthy drow in Whispering Caverns while waiting for the queue (which can take quite a while). 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

wow, you have a crafting syndicate there already :D you should try EVE, it's pretty much all economics as far as I understand, and you can make real money in it

I've looked up EVE before ... know a couple 'net buddies who play it. It looks more complicated than I'd probably want to bother with. I do tend to love the simple professions/economics in MMO's tho...often more than the combat/questing part. After leveling up in WoW, that's pretty much all I did - flew around gathering resources/making stuff and "played" the auction house forever.

I love how people who seem desperate that their item be bought first, and are willing to drive the prices down in mad cycles to achieve it, affect a weekly market. Bought some Zen when it dived to 300 diamonds per on Sun. night ... it'll shoot up to close to 400 at some point on a weekday and I can sell it back for diamonds again. Repeat.

Games are fun.

No, they're not mandatory for anything that I can see. I don't remember the questline order but if you reach certain clvls, the other areas open up quest wise (name title becomes yellow instead of red text) and you can just go there and pick up the quests from the people there. And typically, if you're leveled up enough to get quests from the people in a new area, if you go back to Knoxx in the main city, he'll have the starter quest too, if you feel like being a completionist.

So basically, clvl dictates what's available/when NPC's will start giving you certain quest chains.

Outside of the short tutorial section at the very beginning, there's absolutely nothing mandatory in the entire game.  In theory, you could get to the level cap doing nothing but standing around in Protector's Enclave and praying to your god each day.  As LadyCrimson mentioned, Sgt. Knox will trigger starter quests at certain levels, regardless of whether you finished the previous area(s) or not.

I'm getting to the point in mailsmithing where I can make greens in the high 40s and blues in the low to mid 50s, if I have the necessary crafting components.  That's not a big deal in itself, but I should soon reach the point where I can make lev 60 blues and, in theory, purples.  I hope you can eventually craft purples.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

you can, some special tasks have purple items as rewards

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

In the specific profession list, if you uncheck the Filter of "don't show high lvl tasks" or something like that, you can see everything possible. Purples only seem to be part of the rotating special tasks, like sorophx said.

Good luck getting some of the things you need to make them, tho. I know the purple dragon's egg can come out of the lockboxes (if you get a prof pack from the box) ... no idea if you can get them as dungeon rewards/drops or something. There are apparently some crafting items only available as random chance via the Zen packs. I discovered that about the speed bonus/color tier workers. There's no regular option to make 4 Rank 3 white workers into 1 green worker ... so you have to get the Profession packs, get lucky to get 4 greens, make a blue. Or just get lucky and get purples. Micro-transaction bait again. :lol: Or make enough AD to constantly trade for Zen to get the packs w/out spending real cash.

Same thing with the blue/purple "tools," too ... tho I'm not sure what those do, exactly. Maybe give a chance of higher stats on the item you craft.

In the specific profession list, if you uncheck the Filter of "don't show high lvl tasks" or something like that, you can see everything possible. Purples only seem to be part of the rotating special tasks, like sorophx said.

Good luck getting some of the things you need to make them, tho. I know the purple dragon's egg comes out of the lockboxes ... no idea if you can get them as dungeon rewards/drops or something. There are apparently some crafting items only available as random chance via the Zen packs. I discovered that about the speed bonus/color tier workers. There's no regular option to make 4 Rank 3 white workers into 1 green worker ... so you have to get the Profession packs, get lucky to get 4 greens, make a blue. Or just get lucky and get purples. Micro-transaction bait again. :lol: Or make enough AD to constantly trade for Zen to get the packs w/out spending real cash.

Same thing with the blue/purple "tools," too ... tho I'm not sure what those do, exactly. Maybe give a chance of higher stats on the item you craft.

The blue/purple tools give you a better chance to get a higher rank result when crafting special items, which in turn means better item.  PWI ain't getting my money for a random chance at getting good crafting components.  If I can "earn" enough Zen doing stupid surveys and stuff or accrue anough AD to buy them via AH or by converting to Zen, then I'll do that.  Otherwise, I'll just go without.

It would maybe be possible to establish a business where I drop a starting fee to get some good components, make some rare items, sell them for AD, use the AD to but more components (either directly or converting to Zen), and eventually turn a profit, but I doubt I have the patience to do that enough to make it really profitable.  Not to mention, at that point the game becomes a job and that's not why I play video games.  I'll likely just go with whatever I find in my travels or can afford via AH from the AD I have, and whatever I can make with that and whatever AD it can fetch, that will have to be enough.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The survey stuff makes me nervous/don't like doing stuff like that. I suppose I could make dummy email address for it then delete that mail address when I'm done doing it, but eh...I'll just try to parcel my remaining diamonds into zen then back to diamonds over and over for profit. I gave them money, they don't get more. Not for a while anyway, if ever.

Saw some forum posts where people were saying they'd spent like $800 on the game already. In a month. I'm crazy, but not that crazy.

The survey stuff makes me nervous/don't like doing stuff like that. I suppose I could make dummy email address for it then delete that mail address when I'm done doing it, but eh...I'll just try to parcel my remaining diamonds into zen then back to diamonds over and over for profit. I gave them money, they don't get more. Not for a while anyway, if ever.

Saw some forum posts where people were saying they'd spent like $800 on the game already. In a month. I'm crazy, but not that crazy.

Yeah, I have just such a dummy email set up exactly for that purpose.  It's got a ridiculous pile of spam in it, but it's fine since I never use it for anything but that kind of stuff, so I practically never check it.  I never do anything that requires a credit card # either. 

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I hit level cap last night.  It's all endgame dungeon farming for EPIC LOOTZ!!!11!!1 from now on.

:wowey:

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

...I think the making of base materials shouldn't take 15 minutes. I mean, 2 cloth for 15 minutes of waiting, or 8 cloth for 6-7 hours of waiting. Redonkulous. The "mass" material option shouldn't be much more time than making them individually (so maybe 2 hours for 8 cloth).

I've still got a ways to go before I have every profession able to create the tier 3 worker to sell on the AH for 50k a pop. Leadership and tailoring almost there tho.

Training rank 3 workers takes soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long.  I have 1 rank 3 in Mailsmithing and am just over halfway to another.  I'll eventually get to rank 3 workers in Leadership.  I don't foresee getting anywhere near rank 3 workers in any other profession.

Even if I stop playing this game, I'm likely to log on each day just so I can keep accumulating ardent coins so I can get that companion that costs like 350 coins...   So, a year from now, basically. 

Edit:  Also, I just did a run of the final 'regular' dungeon, it's full of Mind Flayers and brain dogs and there is a GIGANTIC brain to fight at the end.  Our group worked really well together.  The regular fights were a cake walk.  We only hit one snag, the second to last boss fight.  We took the boss down, but there were so many adds, SOOOOOO MANY ADDS, that we just got overwhelmed.  The final boss was a fairly easy even though he has other bosses as adds.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Find any phat loot yet? ;)

Even if I stop playing this game, I'm likely to log on each day just so I can keep accumulating ardent coins so I can get that companion that costs like 350 coins... So, a year from now, basically.

Yeah, I'd like one of those companions too. At least they're not part of the expiring coins, so if I miss a day or two I don't lose them all.

Have almost all 7 of my chrs/alts with a lvl10 in at least one profession now. One Leadership is almost 13 (can do Rank 3's then), Tailoring and Leatherworking lvl 11 (prof. lvl 14 to do Rank 3, sigh). Mailsmithing lvl10. Platesmithing is lagging behind at 6. Have lots of Guards and other Rank2's ready. One issue is I run out of materials too often now, since I'm not doing in-game combat much to gather extras that way, so I spend too much time creating them via the profession tasks. :getlost: I figure another week, maybe two...

Main cleric lvl 43 (those swamp/skyboat trappers are annoying as all get out) and currently sitting in one of the instances, repeating it over and over now and then just for silver/materials to send to alts. Main Rogue lvl30. Two others past lvl20, rest sitting at lvl 10-15. :p