It's an even better conspiracy if they show you the fake

Walsingham

An April Fool's Day prankster has sold the mummified remains of a "dead fairy" for nearly £300.

_42750721_fakefairy203.jpg

Magicians' prop maker Dan Baines, 31, from London, was flooded with e-mails on 1 April when he published pictures of his creation online.

He claimed a dog walker had found the tiny corpse at Firestone Hill in Duffield, Derbyshire.

Mr Baines, formerly of Derby, later admitted it was a hoax, but sold the fairy on an internet site for £280.

He said: "There are still a lot of people who believe it's real. It's started quite a lot of conspiracy theories. One claims that the fact I revealed it was a hoax was because of government pressure to stop people digging the ground up."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/derbyshire/6545667.stm

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Looks pretty grim. I guess there was a forest fire in Cottingley?

Oh god, what if there's some sort of horrifying Vietnam style war happening in Cottingley?

There's some imp in aviator sunglasses saying "Brownie don't surf"

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd love to sell the corpses of the unicorns, fairies, sprites and pixies at the bottom of my garden. Sadly, the claymore mines eviscerate them into a fine paste, thus rendering them unsuitable for trading purposes.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Would it work on toast?

EDIT: I just found out that apparently that's what Gentleman's Relish is.

Relish.jpg

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

nonsense, the Lower Elements Police Recon team would have recovered the remains ages ago.

Edited by JFSOCC

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.