What are you playing now?

lvl 18 in neverwinter now, I'm digging it

Did you find any chainmail tassels, yet? :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

XCOM: Enemy Unknown, I love a lot of things about it, I hate a lot of things as well. Management, graphics, voice acting, destructible terrain are really well done. Interface (gamepad orientated), vision, and engagements are terrible. It's unforgiving, maybe a little too unforgiving in terms of enemy range, aim, and damage, but it's mostly for the better. I'd like a little more information before choosing options because if you choose the wrong ones the game will punish you heavily. Panic and car explosion mechanics don't make a lot of sense and are annoying as hell, that's not panic friendly fire, clearly that guy had a grudge. Animation is really buggy, but the only problematic bug I had was a loop after a mission that made me quit and load a save. Line of sight is not obvious, and in a 2 move system, it can suck. Worst thing about the game is engagements, made worse with the cutscenes that play every time. Lots of fun turn based tactics and emergent gameplay.

Warhammer: Dark Omen

I never played this game back in the day. Its a nice real time tactics affair, marred by unresponsive units that are hard to control in the relatively quick gameplay. Each mission has to be replayed at least several times because regiments aren't replaced between missions - and units are very squishy making the game very difficult overall. The Myth series did the same thing better, although Myth is smaller in scale.

I'm halfway through and I think I won't be finishing it. Its become progressively harder and the story really isn't good enough to suffer the repetition. 

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Finished a game of SMAC as Brother Lal of the Peacekeepers.

Difficulty level: Thinker

Rules: Do or Die, Blind Research Off

• I started right next to Sister Miriam and used my Unity Rover to conquer her only city straight away. I expanded with only 6-8 cities overall, and terraformed everything to forests. The other factions were constantly in conflict, while I kept the only adversary on my continent, Yang, at bay with bribery. I played it risky - not building any military units until late in the mid game. 
  • The result of this was that my tech and cities were incredibly advanced and I built most of the secret projects too. Not being content with that I built a huge energy park with 40 or so supply crawlers constantly feeding me more and more energy - at some point I had 600 energy per turn. This enabled me to buy a new base improvement or secret project every turn, staying far ahead in the technological game. When air power showed up I started cranking out the most advanced air force in the game - and just at the right time too.
  • Yang, who had the largest army in the game declared war... and I promptly wiped out his troops with mu Needlejets. I took one city and made peace. I did that several times again later, keeping him at bay without bothering to defeat him outright.
  • It was almost my undoing later when I neared the Ascent to Transcendence sequence when everyone declared war on me at the same time. My energy park was destroyed and I rushed the game to the end by building fleets of supply crawlers and sacrificing them to make minerals for the last tech. That's how I managed to rush the last project from 30+  turns to two turns.
  • Final score 1500+, 150%+ high score in all categories.
  • Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Had another little pootle around with Game Dev Tycoon.  Still can't seem to get my R&D up and running until around year 23/24. Which means I can't get AAA games until around year 27...

I am being pretty consistent with getting those 7-9 game ratings tho...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Got to lvl 30 in Path of Exile with my Shadow chr. -still liking him best. It's the farthest I've gone in the game since ages ago, and the improvements they've made over the past 1.5 years or so are more obvious. Normal difficulty is definitely harder, for one thing. Not hard, but harder than it was. And it looks a lot better, lighting, shadow, effects wise. And I've found 6 lower level Unique items (useful ones), way more than I did in Diablo3. :p

I still like the ol' Diablo2 way better, but PoE has shaped up to be a decent modern-day loot-aRPG. Way too many junk items fall, tho...they're going to fix that supposedly.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just finished all paradox endings and got all 160 fragments in FFXIII-2

It is funny but last trophy which I am missing for Platinum is Chocobo Riding Trophy :D

I apparently ride them not very often to deserve the Platinum yet hahaha...

Now at 98% of content completed in the game :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished Bioshock Infinite. I really liked the game, just not sure the ending made sense.

On to Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Went back to my Civ 4 game. Currently wiping out all Japanese and Chinese from the East. Funny in a way to have giant hordes of paratroopers conquer Indochina.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Steam lost my login info this weekend. I decided to get me some Blood Dragon when it did.

Uplay is experiencing some technical difficulties. It was a pain in the butt to buy it today. Now that I'm downloading it, it is going almost at a whopping 22k/sec....

Nevermind, it just dropped to 3.2k/second. That is a little bit faster than my first modem.

EDIT: Should have put this in the "What are you playing 140 hours from now?" thread.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Still enjoying Arkham Asylum, I think I'm about half way in, the difficulty is getting ramped up and new gameplay elements are being introduced, there's a nice curve to it and the Riddler Challenges can get genuinely tricky.  I'm also chewing away at Oblivion, 100 hours played and I'm near the end of all the major questlines, I'm quite anxious to get into the Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles, regardless of how janky Oblivion is they're two of the best expansions for any game I've played.

It's steadily climbed up to 73.4K/sec. My guess is it's slowly getting through the backlog.

This better not suck. I probably could have watched Terminator 1, and all of the Alien movies by the time it's done.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Still playing Neverwinter.  Great Weapon Fighter got really fun to play from around lev 30 onward, picking up some really badass special attacks.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Still playing Neverwinter.  Great Weapon Fighter got really fun to play from around lev 30 onward, picking up some really badass special attacks.

Do you get any knockback attacks? Nothing is as rewarding as sending enemies flying off of buildings :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Do you get any knockback attacks? Nothing is as rewarding as sending enemies flying off of buildings :)

Yup, there is a wide knock back attack named "Roar", pushes back a little, interrupts and 1 sec root. Deadly Dwarven breath weapon :biggrin:

Actually im amazed by the number of CC abilities GWF got. If one be careful using them it is really easy to stunlock enemies to death.

BTW rogues are DPS in like mad O_o one of my buddies killing bosses 4 times faster than me :/

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

I have one "encounter" attack (8-10 sec cooldown) that knocks enemies prone for a few seconds.  I have another "daily" attack (build up action points to use it, on average I can use it once every minute or minute and a half) that pushes every enemy around me back, knocks the enemy in front of me way back and prone, and my character lunges in and stabs him while he's prone.

Edit:  And yes, as cyberarmy wrote, rogues seem, unsurprisingly, to be the ultimate single target DPS class right now.  GFW is better suited to handling large groups of enemies.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I have one "encounter" attack (8-10 sec cooldown) that knocks enemies prone for a few seconds.  I have another "daily" attack (build up action points to use it, on average I can use it once every minute or minute and a half) that pushes every enemy around me back, knocks the enemy in front of me way back and prone, and my character lunges in and stabs him while he's prone.

Edit:  And yes, as cyberarmy wrote, rogues seem, unsurprisingly, to be the ultimate single target DPS class right now.  GFW is better suited to handling large groups of enemies.

That second daily you mentioned is a beast even more if you pair it with the mass-puller encouter. But I generally spend my daily on Slam, numbers everywhere :)

Another thing, I always ditched gear with recovery on, boy i was so wrong. Recovery also helps to get action points faster which means more daily usage!

GWF have some beastly AOE potantial but I first need to get 60 for experimenting with gear :)

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Bouncing around a lot, D3 with friends (co-op is beneficial now, at least in gold and XP) and eventually downloaded GTA4 so am playing around with that as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Another thing, I always ditched gear with recovery on, boy i was so wrong. Recovery also helps to get action points faster which means more daily usage!

I always just equip whichever pieces of gear say "recommended". Im sure that, along with some suspect Powers and Feat choices, will come back to bite me soon.

Reached level 30 and met a dungeon end boss that actually killed me. I stared at the screen long and hard and then logged off to think about what I had done.

• Like 1

The best cut scene so far in Blood Dragon:

(After Dr. Darling reveals to Rex that Sloan drank Blood Dragon blood and it supercharged his cybernetics)

Dr. Darling: Sargent, Sloan wasn't entirely there to begin with. Now he has the rockets and... God only knows what he's planning.

Rex: What's with the needle, Doc.

Dr. Darling: Listen, this will make you more like Sloan. Powerful but without the side-effects.

Rex: No Doc, no way. I swore an oath to a special lady.

Dr. Darling: Your... wife?

Rex: No. Lady Liberty. She taught me that winners... don't use drugs.

-----

Before that, there are warning signs all over the crates.

Man, this game is great! All the cut scene animations are Tecmo-style.

Oh, arcade screen:

wdud2.jpg

You were the only stopping me from becoming a crack addict AND a heroin junkie. THANK YOU!!!!!