What are you playing now?

For those wanting to prettify Mars: War Logs a bit, you can use FXAA Injector to add and/or tweak some effects.  It won't turn the game into Crysis 3, but it does make a difference.  I've messed around with the FXAA Injector settings a bit and gotten everything to look sharper and crisper and gotten the colors and lighting more vibrant.  I suppose FXAA Injector can be used with any number of games, with varying degrees of success.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

was recently on a long flight so i started replaying chrono cross for the first time in a decade or so (on my psp).  im now about 14 hours in, its fun, but definitely has some flaws.  still, it has held up pretty well, and i think its a better game than most of the more recent jrpg's i've played

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Warriors Orichi 3

Yes. Seriously.

I just get confused at the decision to add Joan of Arc, Achillies, Aya, and Ryu Hyabusa (from Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden). Ok, I kind of understand the first two (Warriors:Legend of Troy and Bladestorm: Hundred Years War) but Ninja Gaiden series? THE HECK?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warriors_Orochi_characters

that's a full character list. Omega force is ISNANE

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Still playing Defiance.

Having more fun now that I have started to get the hang of it and don't die as often as I did two days ago.

Managed to rank first on a minor Arkfall event. Yay :)

Spend a good hour exploring and searching for stuff only to give up, do a story mission and have the story mission lead me right to them...

I started to play this as well, quite entertaining game. I only got some minor server "hickups" and random buggy time trials.

While missions and VO is good writing is really bad, kept rolling my eyes in most quest cutscenes...

Shooting is solid and fun with lots of different weapons, gameplay is a lot similar to Borderlands but better IMHO, co-op "dungeons" are also very fun even though  they get a bit repeatative. (which happens in every MMO in existance :))

Arkfalls are a blast also, Trion implent their "rift mechanic" well in this one.

Haven't tried PvP yet but it should be fun considering it is mostly skill based.

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

With all these rpg kickstarters going around i got inspired to go back and play one of the few major d&d crpgs that i missed: temple of elemental evil.

It's pretty hard but man there are some broken ass spells in 3rd edition. Sleep and web are just insane

It's like the gorgeous girl you took home turning out to be man.

It's like the gorgeous girl you took home turning out to be man.

That's extra bad if you don't find out until the morning.

:grin: You guys are funny

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

...levels are relatively linear with only a small bit of room to explore...

Ok, that killed my interest in the game. Argh.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

That's extra bad if you don't find out until the morning.

If you can't tell the difference you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Shooting is solid and fun with lots of different weapons, gameplay is a lot similar to Borderlands but better IMHO, co-op "dungeons" are also very fun even though  they get a bit repeatative. (which happens in every MMO in existance :))

Have you done the Weapon Shipment random event?

It gives a huge experimental gattling cannon with about 5k ammunition. My dream is to take one of those to an Arkfall.

Already managed to solo a Wandering Hulker that way :)

Will put up screenshots in the screenshot threat.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Warriors Orichi 3

Yes. Seriously.

I just get confused at the decision to add Joan of Arc, Achillies, Aya, and Ryu Hyabusa (from Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden). Ok, I kind of understand the first two (Warriors:Legend of Troy and Bladestorm: Hundred Years War) but Ninja Gaiden series? THE HECK?

Having never played any of the Warriors Orochi series, how does it compare to Dynasty Warriors (which I confess to a soft-spot for).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Playing Game Dev Tycoon.

Created a small start-up in my garage called Teddy Bear Softworks.

We just released our fourth game and the first game using the inhouse engine Beargine v1

Warbear: Tactics got great reviews, so I hope it will earn me back part of the 120k I spend developing the engine.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Playing a little bit of Okami HD. Available to PS Plus subscribers for free. It basically does what Twilight Princess failed to do but sadly nobody ever really paid much attention to it. One of the most underrated games of all time in my opinion.

Also, PS Plus is sure one helluva deal. The Cave is also available for free.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Warriors Orichi 3

Yes. Seriously.

Having never played any of the Warriors Orochi series, how does it compare to Dynasty Warriors (which I confess to a soft-spot for).

The biggest difference is that instead of just one character, you've got three in your "party" that you can flip between. Otherwise everything is about the same. They do use the character models of the most recent version of the characters that is out, but I don't think that's a huge deal overall :p

Basic concept is that you take all the warriors games, mash them up into one, and throw it at the player. So Tadakatsu Honda vs Lu Bu is not something unusual. Of course, they actually throw out a token line of "Because of the snake god, time and space got turned into a pile of rubble!" so you're rescuing Yukimura Sanada from Yuan Shu at Tedorigawa.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

...levels are relatively linear with only a small bit of room to explore...

Ok, that killed my interest in the game. Argh.

Here's what a typical area looks like in Mars: War Logs:

map_zpsa3da229f.jpg

It's not a straight line, but rather branching and intersecting corridors.  Occasionally you'll get into a somewhat more open area, but still fairly limited in scope.  There is some room to explore, but it's FAR from open world.  Think Dragon Age 2 maps.

Anyway, I'm over 8 hours deep in the game now and definitely still enjoying it.  It definitely borrows heavily from The Witcher 2, which to me is not a bad thing.  The combat, the skill trees, the use of melee, ranged weapons, magic, traps, and bombs, the way Roy climbs ladders, climbs up and down ledges, it all seems torn straight from The Witcher 2.  I mainly focused on combat skills in Act 1, now I'm focusing on Technomancy (you don't get access to that skill tree until the end of Act 1), aka technological magic, so I can go Emperor Palpatine on people and zap them with lightning.  I can definitely see myself doing at least one more playthrough of this game doing a sneaky sneaky focused build.

Here's a screenshot of where I'm currently at in the game:

wnI1hzWl.jpg

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I sense a prevalence of ****ty brown over gunmetal gray. 

The game uses the Rage color palette.   It's Mars, you're going to have to look pretty hard (and take some hallucinogens) to find a lush jungle.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

That's it Boo, you are kicked off the Mars Exploratory Expedition.  

It could have been shades of orange and red at least. Why bother going to another planet if its not going to be colorful?

Might as well stay in our ****ty brown and gunmetal gray homes.

That's it Boo, you are kicked off the Mars Exploratory Expedition.  

It could have been shades of orange and red at least. Why bother going to another planet if its not going to be colorful?

Might as well stay in our ****ty brown and gunmetal gray homes.

There are areas that are more reddish.  To me, when I play the game, it does "feel" like Mars.  Of course I've never actually been on Mars so...

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

But are the inside of homes still gritty brown? I mean, I understand the outdoors being a certain way on Mars. But inside a house, one could paint the walls blue or magenta or toad green and light it up with neon and strobes and turn it into a colorful disco if they wanted, right?

...I must admit, I'm tired of the sepia (and/or blue) overtones to so many things. Not that it's a new thing, they've done it for years. But sometimes I'd rather they use "natural" colors instead of trying to force a mood with some color tone saturation.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Decided to play a bit of the original Mass Effect.  Finally got around to unlocking some of the achievements I never got the first time around, like having a Turian squadmate in my party for 75% of the game.  That actually surprised me since I could have sworn I used Garrus quite a bit before.

It's got flaws, but I don't know.  Something about the game is just ... the recent installments, especially the final one, just don't have the same ... feel to them?  I can't quite place my finger on the "why" this is, but ME1 just seemed to capture the whole "campy but fun sci-fi space opera" atmosphere/feeling more than ME2 and ME3 did.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ran through my first group instance in Defiance with a PUG. It was a rather easy run. Only the final boss downed half of us, but the other two did eventually get us back on our feet. And the main reason I went down was that two adds with shotguns spawned right behind me at point blank range. Ouch.

It was fun though. Will try to do the other instances as well.

Played a bit of TERA, started up an Amani Berserker.  So far that game is full of about as standard and generic kill X monsters and fetch quests as it gets.  On the positive side, the game has the best combat I've experienced in my (albeit extremely limited) MMO experience, it's miles better than most run of the mill MMOs.  Also, ridiculous furry fetish characters and impossibly gargantuan weapons aside, it's also the prettiest MMO I've ever played.  I'll pay it the highest compliment by saying that it simply doesn't look like an MMO.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Picked up an old Civ 4 game. Apparently I left off with the East pretty much burning, rather impressed what good a job I did destroying enemy farms, roads, windmills and mines.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Played a bit of TERA, started up an Amani Berserker.  So far that game is full of about as standard and generic kill X monsters and fetch quests as it gets.  On the positive side, the game has the best combat I've experienced in my (albeit extremely limited) MMO experience, it's miles better than most run of the mill MMOs.  Also, ridiculous furry fetish characters and impossibly gargantuan weapons aside, it's also the prettiest MMO I've ever played.  I'll pay it the highest compliment by saying that it simply doesn't look like an MMO.

The antropomorphic parts I can handle, the scary part of terra is the loli contingent, thats just really creepy.