What are you playing now?

Last thread

Last post:

Might & Magic: Duel of Champions

It's a free to play collectible card game similar to Magic the Gathering, but with slightly adjusted rules, and I think it has the best free to play model I've seen thus far. You don't have to pay for the game, you don't have to pay subscription AND more importantly you don't have to pay for the cards. I have only 4 hours worth of experience but it seems to me you could acquire all the cards just by playing the game. You're rewarded with ingame currency after every game and that can be used to buy the cards, it's a slow process but at least it exists unlike so many other "free" to play games where all the essentials is locked behind a payment wall.

One game can last between 2-15 minutes on depending how well you're matched against your opponent. I've run into few players that CLEARLY have bought hundreds of dollars worth of cards and I get creamed in few minutes, but those games are far and few between. Most of the time you're matched pretty evenly since the game uses ELO rating for it's matchmaking and those games are really fun.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So since LadyCrimson got into the trouble of starting a new thread, someone needs to post in it:

Slowly trudging through my Age of Wonders playthrough.

Wrapping up the challenges in Saints Row 3. Car surfing is a pain.

Made a character in Defiance.

Have started Planescape Torment and NWN2 playthroughs for when everything else gets on my nerves.

Working on building up my Tycoon population in my new sandbox Anno 2070 map. Juggling supplies for so many different groups of people is getting quite tough.

Arguing with my computer that she is cheating when we play Magic the Gathering.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

So since LadyCrimson got into the trouble of starting a new thread, someone needs to post in it:

Slowly trudging through my Age of Wonders playthrough.

Wrapping up the challenges in Saints Row 3. Car surfing is a pain.

Made a character in Defiance.

Have started Planescape Torment and NWN2 playthroughs for when everything else gets on my nerves.

Working on building up my Tycoon population in my new sandbox Anno 2070 map. Juggling supplies for so many different groups of people is getting quite tough.

Arguing with my computer that she is cheating when we play Magic the Gathering.

I am also playing Saints Row 3 :) I am enjoying the  completely gratuitous and overdone nature of the game. I thought I would get bored by it like I did in SR2 but so far so good

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Started my second playthrough of FFXIII-2... Trying to get as much of the game secrets as possible... Already got some pretty rare monsters, so we'll see how fast I will get to the Superbosses, which I am almost always skipping at my first playthroughs of JRPGs...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Lord of the Rings Online - Hit level 75, and I'm pretty close to the end of the Isengard storyline.  When I finish it I get to go out to Rohan and learn how to ride a war stead.  Captains are supposed to be pretty awesome on horseback, so I'm excited.

Dabbling on and off with TOR and the expansion. But can't really get myself into the mood to play for hours. Nor any other games really catching my interest right at the moment...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Did another round of the 24 Hours of LeMans in GRID, this time in the GT1 classification using the insanely fast Lamborghini Murcielago RSV.  Won the class (placed 7th overall) and my teammate came in second in the class.  The Murcielago is almost fast enough to keep up with the LMP class cars, well the LMP2s anyway, it just doesn't have as much downforce and can't stay with the LMPs through the corners.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Got the expansion for DRAGON'S DOGMA - Dark Arisen yesterday.

Managed to mess with some of the new stuff in character creation (new hair!).  Then went to Bitterblack Isle.  Met some difficult but not impossible monsters, but one I couldn't even damage and another killed me twice before I killed it (rather a novelty for me at this point in the game and definitely a reminder that I can't be as cavalier in the new labyrinth as I'd become playing the regular game).

Some of the game changes are also nice to see like the inventory additions. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Still running around in Borderlands 2, going to get my Axton to 50 and then start the DLCs with him or Maya.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dabbling a bit with Defiance in between bouts of LOTRO and Civ 5. I'd like to check out the new planet in SWTOR but my wife and I are still on Voss and haven't had much time to play lately

Defiance is okayish but I've never been into shooters but I bought it because I was bored of Lord of the Things.

LotRO - Bored with my 85 Runekeeper as my kin doesn't have the numbers to run any of the new instances (or any instances really) and I don't usually enjoy pick up groups. Tried playing some lower levels but the game is so grindy and vast that I get overwhelmed or just bored before I make much progress.

Civ 5 - Been playing as the Polynesians a lot lately, they may be my new favorite Civ.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Company of Heroes 2 Beta, almost exclusively.

It's still not grabbed me as much as the first, but then again CoH has been through six years of gruelling balancing and patching. I think CoH2, with some important tweaks, can do it.

The weather tech is, frankly, a bastard to get used to. It's very atmospheric, but using it tactically is something I'm struggling with.

But ramming enemy tanks with T-34s still hasn't got old. Neither has showering Nazis with Katyusha rockets. Or hurling satchel charges at suppressed Panzergrenadiers. Or strafing badly wounded Ostruppen with aircraft. Or...

sonsofgygax.JPG

Still running around in Borderlands 2, going to get my Axton to 50 and then start the DLCs with him or Maya.

Have fun with those bullet-sponge enemies and raid bosses with 10,000,000,000 HP. Especially that Hammerlock DLC. Even in normal mode with level 50+ characters the humanoid enemies are all bullet sponges. Honestly, Gearbox has a Bethesda-level concept of increasing difficulty (instead of making tactically different enemies with roughly similar stats to the player they just exponentially increase the HP and damage of them.) In UTVH mode, the basic psychos you encounter on the Southern Shelf have about a million HP. No, literally, it takes three shots with a sniper rifle doing about 300k damage per-headshot to take them down.

By the way, don't bother with Maya unless you're playing co-op and acting as a healer, phaselock is nerf and doesn't work on bosses (it's a pretty cheap tactic to force players using Maya to play medic.) Even at level 50, it only does about 10-20k damage to enemies with hundreds of millions of HP. People have soloed those sorts of bosses with her, but it's generally agreed that it's hardest to do with her because her action skill essentially ceases to exist in those situations.

Edited by AGX-17

Have fun with those bullet-sponge enemies and raid bosses with 10,000,000,000 HP. Especially that Hammerlock DLC. Even in normal mode with level 50+ characters the humanoid enemies are all bullet sponges. Honestly, Gearbox has a Bethesda-level concept of increasing difficulty (instead of making tactically different enemies with roughly similar stats to the player they just exponentially increase the HP and damage of them.) In UTVH mode, the basic psychos you encounter on the Southern Shelf have about a million HP. No, literally, it takes three shots with a sniper rifle doing about 300k damage per-headshot to take them down.

By the way, don't bother with Maya unless you're playing co-op and acting as a healer, phaselock is nerf and doesn't work on bosses (it's a pretty cheap tactic to force players using Maya to play medic.) Even at level 50, it only does about 10-20k damage to enemies with hundreds of millions of HP. People have soloed those sorts of bosses with her, but it's generally agreed that it's hardest to do with her because her action skill essentially ceases to exist in those situations.

Yep, took my 50 into UVHM to see what it was like, got wrecked by a bullymong of all things. My Maya is spec'd for the MC ability at the moment (I think), but even that really didn't help me out that much. Might tackle tat with friends anyway, rather than solo, waiting on one guy at the moment.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing the recently released NWN2 mod called 'Crimmor' when I have longer periods of time to devote to gaming.

Right now, playing the original FEAR in short bursts. Forgot how great the combat gameplay in this game is. The story and "boo!" scares I could do without, but the atmosphere combined with the deadliness of combat and how enemies approach you and react makes for a great experience. Add to that that the combat still feels extremely visceral and powerful at times. Aside from the bland colors and samey environs, the game still looks really good and the sound design is great.

Really fun game.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I've finally decided to install Dungeon Siege 3. I've played it for a wee bit at a friends on the XBox before. I think after this I'm done with Steam until they get their crap straight and fix their offline mode. I shouldn't have to try fix after fix on the net just to play my games. Once a month was bad enough, now I'm not even getting 2 weeks in, and I'm being careful about exiting it.

• Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Been altering between Divinity 2 and NWN2: SoH. On my 3DS, I'm playing Tales of the Abyss 3D. Fire Emblem Awakening is lying there looking at me, but I refuse to start it until one of these three games are completed.

I'm playing the demo to something called the Age of Decadence. Can't kill anything, the combat is slow and my diplomat dies all the time, I teleport all over the place like a magician (can't actually play a magician though, or an elf. What sort of RPG is this?) and there's lots and lots of dialogue. Not voiced dialogue though, it's like being back in the 50s. I'm seriously considering making a preorder just so I can post PREORDER CANCELLED on the developer's website in a blaze of righteous fury. And that despite my habit of forgetting to cancel preorders.

• Like 1

Wanted to try out Rift again, but apparently they locked my account after yet another security breach back when my account was already lapsing and they only allow resets by phone (because I of course don't remember my security questions)

So I guess I won't be doing any business with Trion until they fix that. Oh well. Yet another publisher I don't even need to bother with anymore, money/time saved and all.

I'm playing the demo to something called the Age of Decadence. Can't kill anything, the combat is slow and my diplomat dies all the time, I teleport all over the place like a magician (can't actually play a magician though, or an elf. What sort of RPG is this?) and there's lots and lots of dialogue. Not voiced dialogue though, it's like being back in the 50s. I'm seriously considering making a preorder just so I can post PREORDER CANCELLED on the developer's website in a blaze of righteous fury. And that despite my habit of forgetting to cancel preorders.

(1) Die a few more times, learn how it works, and you start to find out how amazingly fun it can get. That doesn't mean you have to put up with it, but that's just the facts. 

(2) Of course your diplomat will die all the time, but you can often find ways to not get into stabby situations. 

(3) Yes, teleporting often replaces walking back and forth, though I think latest version makes much of it optional. It's controversial.

(4) It's a low-magic setting.

(5) The game may not be for you because of the above, but voiced dialogue? Uh...

• Like 3

(1) Die a few more times, learn how it works, and you start to find out how amazingly fun it can get. That doesn't mean you have to put up with it, but that's just the facts.

Dying makes me feel dumb, and I can feel dumb whenever I like. I play games to feel like a God for a brief while.

(2) Of course your diplomat will die all the time, but you can often find ways to not get into stabby situations. 

The game clearly does not cater properly to all play styles. Some merchant tempted me in to a warehouse with the promise of lollies and then his friends killed me. I should be able to talk to them and get them to let me go, and give me all their money and stuff too. Next thing you'll tell me I won't be able to talk my way out of fights with rats.

(3) Yes, teleporting often replaces walking back and forth, though I think latest version makes much of it optional. It's controversial.

For some reason I feel compelled to reply to each line individually in a separate quote box, it's weird.

Then why is it marketed as an RPG? Can anyone name a single RPG that doesn't have magic? Games like Skyrim and Oblivion have got it right, lots of character customisation- you know, actually playing a role- and fun stuff like riding around on horses killing stuff. I saw horses in the AoD demo, but I bet I can't ride them.

(5) The game may not be for you because of the above, but voiced dialogue? Uh...

If they want to sell well they need to have voiced dialogue and better graphics, and get rid of that slow and boring combat. Oh look, I stand still while some dude swings at me, then he stands still while I swing at him. Riveting! That's not how reality works. And I want something excellent to happen every time I press a key, not to fall asleep. First person view would be good too as that is needed for proper immersion.

I'm only trying to help the developers by pointing all this out. Mr Dweller says he wants feedback, after all.

• Like 2

Then why is it marketed as an RPG? Can anyone name a single RPG that doesn't have magic? Games like Skyrim and Oblivion have got it right, lots of character customisation- you know, actually playing a role- and fun stuff like riding around on horses killing stuff. I saw horses in the AoD demo, but I bet I can't ride them.

Alpha Protocol for one.

RPG = RolePlaying Game

Where does it say "magic" in that acronym?

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Alpha Protocol for one.

RPG = RolePlaying Game

Where does it say "magic" in that acronym?

Also, Deus Ex, Fallout, Wasteland, Mount & Blade.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

At least in Alpha Protocol I can wear a pimpin' hat with a big bushy beard, but I can't even make Thornton blond or a woman- where's the role playing there? Also it's based on Burn Notice and the bullets fly funny and don't go right where I aim, and it has too much dialogue and timers. It also does so have magic, sometimes when I make a mistake I disappear, which is awesome, or time slows down so I can pop caps into asses!

I've never heard of Dues Ex or the others so can't comment on them, are they available on 360?

• Like 2