Or just give us the spell that allows us to remove all of the black areas without removing the fog of war. BG/BG2 had Clairvoyance. Then if you can't stand the black it will go away, while those of us who like it (to know where they haven't been) can keep it.

I prefer admiring the artwork while coming to a new place, but a spell like clairvoyance could still be useful to reveal the creatures if only the creature shows instead of a black fog of war. Since opinions are different, and all opinions are good, a better design choice would be to implement different fog of wars options. The priorities would be the original intended fog of war and the option to turn it off completely. After that a few neat options could be fun like the creatures that pup up etc etc. 

Or you could explore it first ... then admire it :p

They did say they are going to reward exploration in the game ...

It would be nice if their Fog of War system revealed all blacked out unpassable terrain when you move to the position closest to it, so that once you've explored the whole area, the whole area is now visible.

I can also think of a ''Assassin's Creed'' type of viewpoint that would reveal the entire layout once you get there.  

Has it been two weeks already? Dang it ... I swear I wake up on a day in June and the next morning it's a day in Nov. So thanks for the reminder, Forlorn Hope ... now I have something to look forward to later. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There won't be a video for today's update. Sorry Falkon!

The official Obsidian radio star will, I'm sure, be glad that his life is spared this day. 8)

here's a question: do you devs read these late posts?

yes

The Obsidian team all has 18+ Charisma. 8)

(Seriously, though, it's quite admirable that you guys are so attentive to these boards, even at 10 pages out on a single thread, even with us occasionally rambling about this or that.)

Edited by Lephys

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u