The Kickstarter Thread

Gorth

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1470493497/next-car-game-a-motorsport-with-attitude

Bugbear tries to kickstart their next demolition derby game. I must say that their demo video looks quite good

The problem with Bugbear's games is that they are pretty short on content. I did like Rally Trophy and the first Flatout, especially RT, but I saw everything they had to offer in just a few evenings.

Maybe this one gets a bit more to play if it's kickstarter succeeds.

So http://deathfiregame.com/ is getting kickstarted soon. First person, turnbased, party based RPG in generic fantasy setting. Looks like a pretty dungeon crawler  :)

Also, it's by Guido Henkel, who on one hand has great games like Planescape:Torment and the Dark Eye trilogy of old in his list of achievements, but also is known to ramble a lot about how bad the PC gaming industry has become. Ah well, I'll be interested to see how this turns out :)

Edited by samm
  • Like 1

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

So http://deathfiregame.com/ is getting kickstarted soon. First person, turnbased, party based RPG in generic fantasy setting. Looks like a pretty dungeon crawler  :)

Also, it's by Guido Henkel, who on one hand has great games like Planescape:Torment and the Dark Eye trilogy of old in his list of achievements, but also is known to ramble a lot about how bad the PC gaming industry has become. Ah well, I'll be interested to see how this turns out :)

Interest level rising.

While I'm not particularly thrilled to see yet another game in a generic fantasy setting (seriously, there are countless other potential settings that haven't yet been beaten to death, or even explored), I just hope you're not the "chosen one" on a quest to find the "legendary artifact" so that you can stop the "arisen ancient evil".  If that winds up being the case, even the name Guido Henkel couldn't get me to pledge.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why would anybody want to offer a game with "generic" setting? It's the worst adjective for the noun "setting" that I know of.

Edited by Bester
IE Mod for Pillars of Eternity: link

Haha, yeah, generic is meant to sound negative from my part: It's not their description, but mine, based on what I saw of it so far. I like the looks and the turnbased system, I also like the team, but the setting struck me as, well, too generic for my taste.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

"Generic fantasy" is just a much shorter way of saying "yet another Tolkien-esque pseudo-medieval Europe fantasy setting".

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1470493497/next-car-game-a-motorsport-with-attitude

Bugbear tries to kickstart their next demolition derby game. I must say that their demo video looks quite good

The problem with Bugbear's games is that they are pretty short on content. I did like Rally Trophy and the first Flatout, especially RT, but I saw everything they had to offer in just a few evenings.

Maybe this one gets a bit more to play if it's kickstarter succeeds.

I want it, looks nice and the first game was great. But has anyone seen or heard them mention anything about DRM? I'm not putting money in if it's going to be on Steam only.

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

"Generic fantasy" is just a much shorter way of saying "yet another Tolkien-esque pseudo-medieval Europe fantasy setting".

**** it let's make a game in a fantasy Mesoamerica with giant magic snakes, Jaguar mounts and general Aztec dickery. 

Edited by NKKKK
  • Like 1

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

**** it let's make a game in a fantasy Mesoamerica with giant magic snakes, Jaguar mounts and general Aztec dickery. 

Count me in.  I'd definitely be very interested in an RPG set in a mythical Mesoamerican setting.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Considering it's at nearly 70% of its target and still bringing in 10-20k a day during the slow period, it's not too bad. They really need to get some more media attention to give the campaign a new kick and get a strong surge at the end.

Paradise Lost: First Contact

A 2D stealth/horror game where you play an alien plant that has escaped from the researchers studying you and are now trying to grow and spread beyond the facility

The video doesn't seem to have been properly uploaded on KS. Here's the trailer on YouTube.

Edited by TSBasilisk
  • Like 1

Paradise Lost: First Contact

A 2D stealth/horror game where you play an alien plant that has escaped from the researchers studying you and are now trying to grow and spread beyond the facility

What a wonderfully bizarre concept. Looks like it could be fun :)

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Stasis Kickstarter is live.

I've got to say the setup for this game sounds very intriguing.

J Sawyer agrees!

(He backed it)

Looks really compelling.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Bloom: Memories

A fantasy aRPG focusing on a conflict between nature and technology - may also heavily focus on the relationship with the character's mother

This is actually their second go at Kickstarter. Their first go ended short with only 70% of funding. The first go they had more concept than game but the new campaign's trailer shows nothing but game, which notably looks much cleaner than before. Taking a look at both may give you a better picture of what's going on here.

• Like 1

So The Mandate added a few stretch goals which seems odd to me since they still under half their funding goal of $500k

• $600.000: Away Missions on Planets. 
  • $700.000: Starbase Boarding Operations.
  • $800.000: Mod Support.

EDIT: Forgot to mention they are looking into Steam alternatives such as GOG and Humble Bundle

Also, text based adventure

http://www.mandategame.com/scourge/

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Crap,The Mandate still hasn't reached it's goal.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/1964463742/the-mandate/

Not looking too good.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra