The Kickstarter Thread

Gorth

In its final day Mighty No.9 is surging past all the stretch goals.  At the moment it's right at the 3DS & Vita stretch goal, counting PayPal, which is great since I'll definitely be down for some Mighty No. 9 on my mighty little portable from Big N.  I don't see any reason why this doesn't blast right past the 3.7 million Call Solo Stage stretch goal and get into Project Eternity funding territory.

:)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'll definitely be down for some Mighty No. 9 on my mighty little portable from Big N.

3DS and Vita without paypal right now (how do you even find out how much they've gotten through paypal?)

But why 3DS, you don't have any other platforms it's coming out for? Seems like you're going to be missing out on the proper experience with that puny 240p screen, and I doubt it's going to have any real 3DS-specific features (development started for PCs, home TV consoles were the ultimate nostalgia goal.)

I'll definitely be down for some Mighty No. 9 on my mighty little portable from Big N.

3DS and Vita without paypal right now (how do you even find out how much they've gotten through paypal?)

But why 3DS, you don't have any other platforms it's coming out for? Seems like you're going to be missing out on the proper experience with that puny 240p screen, and I doubt it's going to have any real 3DS-specific features (development started for PCs, home TV consoles were the ultimate nostalgia goal.)

The PayPal is listed right on the front page, near the top.

I'll play it on my PC, but I'll also play it on my 3DS (I'll get another copy).  That kind of game is perfect for playing in bite-sized bits on the go.  I don't care if they don't 3D-ify it (though I wouldn't mind).

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight looks interesting.

It's being made by some experienced modders who are familiar with open-world games.
The budget looks pretty small for such a game though, and it looks a tad generic so far.
They don't seem to have a video up for some perplexing reason.

photo-main.jpg?1380414235

The Long Dark also looks interesting, and I'm always up for zombie-less apocalypses. By a pretty experienced team.

db93654b2be1d5e8aafb09ff1c2dc82b_large.j

KS donations really seem to have slowed to a crawl there days, despite Fargo's insistance to the contrary.

If you don't have a fan-favourite name to back you up you're going to struggle a bit.

When in doubt, blame the elves.

I have always hated the word "censorship", I prefer seeing it as just removing content that isn't suitable or is considered offensive

Update for Sword Of The Stars Ground Pounders- They switched back to Indiegogo site, they set the goal to 20k. Kickstarter made under 22k for 42k goal. So making it should be easier this time. Indigo has a option even if they get under goal they still make it. The Pit was just over half funded goal and was their fastest selling game to date so all is good.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sword-of-the-stars-ground-pounders/x/1647473

Final total for Mighty No. 9 - $3,845,170

Plus PayPal - currently $186,380

All stretch goals met.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Shantae got the 600k goal 

:biggrin:

With a decent push in the final 48 hours, I think it will make the 700k Costume Swap stretch goal.  If they leave PayPal open long enough, the 800k stretch goal could happen too, Hero Mode at 900k seems unlikely, but I suppose there's always a chance.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leafygames/pulsar-lost-colony

It's the Star Trek game you always wanted. Seriously considering backing.

The guy on the right, in the video, looks really familiar, as is the name Stahl. I keep thinking that one of these days, I'm going to see someone I actually knew (or is related to someone I knew) in highschool, or summer camp, or something, on Kickstarter....

The game itself looks intriguing, although I'm not clear if all the action is going to be via the ship? You can wander the ship and seems to be some chr. models around but not very clear. I tend to prefer chr. avatar games vs. spaceship battle sim...a combo of both would be fine.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Shantae got the 600k goal

:biggrin:

With a decent push in the final 48 hours, I think it will make the 700k Costume Swap stretch goal.  If they leave PayPal open long enough, the 800k stretch goal could happen too, Hero Mode at 900k seems unlikely, but I suppose there's always a chance.

Hopefully; unlikely.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Kickstarter ended at $776,084.  With PayPal (somewhere in the 35k region right now), it made the 800k stretch goal adding another chapter and transformation.  With PayPal staying open for a while, maybe 900k Hero Mode is still possible?

/crosses fingers

//crosses toes

///ouch!

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The new Zeboyd kickstarter is on now.

Cosmic Star Heroine

I have mixed feelings about this, so I'm undecided whether to support. I enjoy the Sci-Fi genre in general and CRPG, but I'm not sure whether I'd enjoy this particular mix as a JRPG-like game.

Anyway, they posted this in an update:

It was brought to our attention in the comments that the playable cast could use more non-human characters and we couldn't agree more. Therefore sometime after the kickstarter has concluded, we'll present a few different possibilities for a new non-human playable character and give all of our backers the chance to vote on which one they like the best. The character with the most votes will be added to the game as a fully playable character in your party!
  • Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Kickstarter ended at $776,084.  With PayPal (somewhere in the 35k region right now), it made the 800k stretch goal adding another chapter and transformation.  With PayPal staying open for a while, maybe 900k Hero Mode is still possible?

/crosses fingers

//crosses toes

///ouch!

You gotta believe. It's too bad we won't see voiced or animations, but maybe it's better that way. And that extra Risky subplot sounded fun too. 

Edited by NKKKK

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I have mixed feelings about this, so I'm undecided whether to support. I enjoy the Sci-Fi genre in general and CRPG, but I'm not sure whether I'd enjoy this particular mix as a JRPG-like game.

Anyway, they posted this in an update:

It was brought to our attention in the comments that the playable cast could use more non-human characters and we couldn't agree more. Therefore sometime after the kickstarter has concluded, we'll present a few different possibilities for a new non-human playable character and give all of our backers the chance to vote on which one they like the best. The character with the most votes will be added to the game as a fully playable character in your party!

I love Star Ocean, and Zeboyd Games, so this one was a no-brainer for me.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.