The Kickstarter Thread

Gorth

The beta for the first two chapters of Moebius has been released for backers - not going to bother personally, but it's good progress. It may well make it to release before their other, publisher-backed game that's been essentially done since December but keeps getting delayed for commercial reasons. It's a handy example, and an indictment of, how some publishers go about business with small developers.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Kickstarted is in its final 10 or so hours.

The Kobe Beef Jerky guys again fake pledged $30,000 this afternoon to try and throw things off.

It is currently at $78.6K/$85K goal.

------

Also, Armikrog and Nelly Cootalot are now funded! Nelly now has a cinematic opening and ending. Armikrog is about $35k away from a WiiU port from happening as well and added on for all the backers who have pledged at least $20.

------

Look out for a new Zeboyd Games kickstarter in the future. Their new game will be called Cosmic Star Heroine.

http://zeboyd.com/2013/06/25/zeboyd-games-is-proud-to-announce-cosmic-star-heroine/

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

^^^^^

Oops! I read the Armikrog thing wrong. The WiiU version will be added amongst the choices of which version you want. Not added to your version. My bad.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/5livesstudios/satellite-reign

One of those spiritual successor deals for Syndicate Wars

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

^^^ The "Strategy game" statement actually lowered my interest until I read further. Other than having an overarching strategic goal, which many CRPGs have, how is it a Strategy game? It doesn't sound like the player is controlling large forces at the operational level.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

^^^ The "Strategy game" statement actually lowered my interest until I read further. Other than having an overarching strategic goal, which many CRPGs have, how is it a Strategy game? It doesn't sound like the player is controlling large forces at the operational level.

Do you know that original Syndicate(1993) involved capturing resources, conducting research and equipping your agents and also capturing human material for future agents? That is exactly what strategy is.

Edited by Cultist

MzpydUh.gif

Do you know that original Syndicate(1993) involved capturing resources, conducting research and equipping your agents and also capturing human material for future agents? That is exactly what strategy is.

+adjusting taxation to tread the fine line between high income and a revolting population ? ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Okay, but how is that relevant to the current Kickstarter? The description does not appear to mention such strategic elements.

Edited by rjshae

Okay, but how is that relevant to the current Kickstarter? The description does not appear to mention such strategic elements.

Other than them saying that you'd abduct researchers to... research for example? ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

"Bribe scientists to advance your technologies, and kidnap doctors to augment your agents. Try siphoning cash out of the corporate account, bribing a bank manager to “misplace” his security pass"

MzpydUh.gif

A documentary about Sierra On-Line is being made, looks like they've got all the right interviews.  I pledged for a DVD, I remember going on a tour of the company on Oakhurst when I was about 12, it was magical.

Their goal is a bit high, hopefully they can make it.

A documentary about Sierra On-Line is being made, looks like they've got all the right interviews.  I pledged for a DVD, I remember going on a tour of the company on Oakhurst when I was about 12, it was magical.

It is a bit steep, considering it sound like it's basically shot. It sound like they just want the money to make it look professional and add music.

Still, it's about a big chunk of the games I grew up on, so I've pledge.

I wonder if they'll cover Tsunami Games as well...

That is pretty cool, they should make their goal. Always liked the story of Sierra.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hmm, looking through a list of Sierra On-Line games, I'd have thought I'd have played more of them.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

"Bribe scientists to advance your technologies, and kidnap doctors to augment your agents. Try siphoning cash out of the corporate account, bribing a bank manager to “misplace” his security pass"

You're describing types of actions that can happen in just about any RPG with social interactions.