End of old thread

Stretch Goal 1 (achieved)

1 Post. This thread was created :)

Stretch Goal 2

21 Posts. This thread gets a new page :sorcerer:

Stretch Goal 3

500+ Posts. This thread gets a sequel :w00t:

• Like 11

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I prefer stretch goals with ambition...

(I'm mostly just making this post so that I get the speech balloon next to the thread, reminding me that Past-Allan once considered this thread worthy of his attention.

• Like 1

(I'm mostly just making this post so that I get the speech balloon next to the thread, reminding me that Past-Allan once considered this thread worthy of his attention.

155+ posts

Free virtual hi-fives, all around?

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Consortium has 13 hours left to earn $6k to achieve its final (announced) stretch goal. Looks like an intriguing game, an RPG in a restricted setting that allows all the NPCs to be developed characters, instead of the usual dozens of generic villagers wandering around who can't be interacted with.

155+ posts

Free virtual hi-fives, all around?

I made 155+ posts in that thread?  What?  I'm confused haha.

I should have added:

New Stretch Goal

155+ posts...

I don't know why I thought high fives all around are ambitious. That joke was a ground ball right to the first baseman.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Ohhh, so that's what those speech bubbles mean. Can't believe I've never noticed that.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/jagged-alliance-reboot-seeks-kickstarter-funding?abthid=516eddeb154442475d000017

Jagged Alliance goes back to its roots with kickstarter campaing that apparently starts in next week

I'm glad they're going back to turn-based.

As an aside, if we like this thread on Facebook, do we get extra levels in quote pyramids?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/17/jagged-alliance-reboot-seeks-kickstarter-funding?abthid=516eddeb154442475d000017

Jagged Alliance goes back to its roots with kickstarter campaing that apparently starts in next week

I don't see anything about Ian Currie being on board and so that means it isn't really Jagged Alliance.  He's actually at Turbine, which is my second favorite game developer.  Seriously, you can't have Jagged Alliance without him.  They don't appear to have anyone from Sir-Tech, so I really don't see any reason to get any hopes up here.

I don't see anything about Ian Currie being on board and so that means it isn't really Jagged Alliance.  He's actually at Turbine, which is my second favorite game developer.  Seriously, you can't have Jagged Alliance without him.  They don't appear to have anyone from Sir-Tech, so I really don't see any reason to get any hopes up here.

Firaxis did X-COM: Enemy Unknown without Julian Gollop and did a pretty bang up job IMHO.  With that said, I'd be happier if Ian Currie was involved in this.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Firaxis did X-COM: Enemy Unknown without Julian Gollop and did a pretty bang up job IMHO.  With that said, I'd be happier if Ian Currie was involved in this.

Firaxis is one of the best developers out there and has a ton of experience with epic turn based games.  This JA developer doesn't sound like it has anything resembling a resume.

• Like 1

Firaxis is one of the best developers out there and has a ton of experience with epic turn based games.  This JA developer doesn't sound like it has anything resembling a resume.

Point taken.  You win...  this round, Hurlshot.  :p

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I don't particularly dislike the idea of new JA games without ex-SirTech input- and they sound a lot better than BiA- but I am not very likely at all to contribute. The Shadowrun thing has soured me towards any publisher influenced KS, I'm not particularly keen on BitComposer using KS as funding for their IPs (or buying up stuff post KS really, though I'm a lot less negative on that front; it's free and risk free money for them so understandable they try it on) and I'm not particularly keen on BC after their attempt to gazump the rights to Stalker- along with accusations they hadn't paid due royalties for CoP.

Does make me wonder if it was BitComposer who approached Feargus about doing a kickstarter for them prior to P: E

I noticed that the JA developer is also the one doing the TB version of Space Hulk.  Hey, I do hope they are successful, I'd love to have a new Chaos Gate style Space Hulk game, and I'd be amazed at a decent Jagged Alliance.  But I'm not going to kickstart them.  I save my investment dollars for folks that have done something amazing in the past.  That's why I threw money at Obsidian, Lori and Corey Cole, and the Space Quest guys.  Even if they fail, they've given me enough memories for me to deserve a shot at it.

This made me curious about Ian and Linda Currie, and apparently they are doing extremely well at Turbine working on both DDO and LotRO, so I don't see them launching any kickstarters soon. 

• Like 1

Among the Sleep

Previously seen in the news, this is a first-person horror adventure game where you play a two year-old child

An interesting and creative concept for a game. Just playing as a powerless two-year-old would have a potent psychological impact. I hope it succeeds. :)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

EDIT: It was a UK thing.

Realm does look pretty neat though. I wonder how it will compare to that Sierra one from a bunch of years back that they dumped a lot of money into. :devil:

Edited by babaganoosh13

This seems like an interesting point and click game:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/995134339/the-realm-game?ref=category

Been following the concept artist's deviantart account for years. The work they've done so far looks great. The gameplay concept could be good if it's executed well, I've liked the single player cooperative style puzzle gameplay ever since I played Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1869987317/wish-i-was-here-1

It's Zach Braff, y'know? I wish I had $5000+ to spare. Maybe I can at least convince hubby that a LA premiere can be a fun vacation. ;)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Zach Braff project will easily make its 2 million goal and likely triple that.  I don't know if it will get into Veronica Mars territory, but it's going to get plenty of money, that's for sure.  Camera technology these days has made it possible to shoot full length, quasi-Hollywood level movies for just a couple million dollars.  Not with full on Michael Bay SPLOSHUNS!!!

explode.gifexplode.gifexplode.gif

But, you know what I mean.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I love him, but I'm not actually sure I feel like giving Zach's project funds, myself, unless I had enough to get one of those top tiers. Because as mentioned, he's going to get plenty of cash anyway and I'm selfish like that. Maybe the $20 tho, I like soundtracks .... Besides, I'm still waiting for Michael Biehn's "I used to be almost famous and now I do terrible B movies" Kickstarter. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts