Community Photo Sharing Thread

LadyCrimson

Welcome to the Obsidian Community Photo Sharing thread! We've had many like it, but this one is new. ;)

Thought it might be time for another one of these, except I thought I'd try for something a bit more general this time. Consider it a combination of "pics of yourself" and other photo topics common to many forums. In other words, if you feel comfortable sharing pics of your own mug, whether smiling or otherwise, this is the place. But if that isn't your thing, pics of your adoring pets, your backyard garden project, or that awesome sunset/nature/other photo you captured can go here too. It's not the place to share funny internet memes, however, as we already have a thread for stuff like that.

Sometimes a picture says a thousand words, so let's see what you have to "say"!

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

To start things off, here's a tiny pic of me.

umbrella1.jpg

...ok, ok, here's a more recent one from a couple years ago. I'll try to get a better one where I don't look lumpy and half asleep, later.

42yrs-27.jpg

This one's old, but I thought I'd show Tsuga C what I meant by my past cat who liked to be wrapped up, which I mentioned in another thread.

misty-roll1.jpg

Another older one: occasionally I attempt to take more serious photos, altho I do that less every year because I get lazier every year.

ladybug-04.jpg

Lastly...something I treasure. I miss Carl.

JCS-programautograph1a.jpg

....actually, this makes me realize I need to pick up my DSLR camera a bit more often again. I haven't even taken many of my current cats since I acquired them. <.<

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

...nice knees!

Your kids are still just the most adorable things...and this coming from someone who isn't very into children. :)

• Like 1

My Ukrainian mail order bride started exercising. Mostly abs. Naturally she wanted to share her accomplishments and sent me this pic:

Ukrainian_zps0c1a82da.jpg

I told her it looks.. OK. And that she needs to clean her room.

:ermm:

• Like 4

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Luckily managed to speed up the scrolling on this with one of the managers behind me here at work :p

My pen drawer at work.  Also need a better camera on my phone, I think.  Out of sight is the box of cheap BiC ones I keep to lend people when they ask for one as the bastards just steal them.

1AssO13.jpg

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My Ukrainian mail order bride started exercising. Mostly abs. Naturally she wanted to share her accomplishments and sent me this pic:

Photo of girl without face.jpg

I told her it looks.. OK. And that she needs to clean her room.

:ermm:

:brows:

Edited by obyknven
  • Like 1

Thats me. 

215614_zps475d29b4.jpg

View from the third-highest mountain in my little country (3598m / 11800ft), the climb was extremely exhausting. 

obspic2_zps7dc17535.jpg

My 20 year old cat. 

obspic3_zps323ffa6a.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Thats me. 

215614_zps475d29b4.jpg

View from the third-highest mountain in my little country (3598m / 11800ft), the climb was extremely exhausting. 

obspic2_zps7dc17535.jpg

My 20 year old cat. 

obspic3_zps323ffa6a.jpg

That climb is impressive, nice one :)

I like your cat, damn he has lived to a ripe old age and seems  quite skilled at sleeping  :cat:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Love those mountain shots. :)

Also....20 yr. old cat. :thumbsup:  My last kittah lived to be about that old. He'd old-man dodder around, sleep in his basket...very sweet.

@Malcador - haha...I used to collect pens. Not "collect" ... I just liked having lots and lots of pens. So my drawers would look like that. :lol:

• Like 1

I started looking a old pictures and it's funny how you then notice your own change in appearance.. So here are a combi of travels and looks.

Me back in 07 when I was in India.. Long curly hair, shaggy sideburns and a moustache

img0146gz.jpg

Last year in Japan - getting bald, but still hanging on the to 'stache.. And I lived in a Sake bar while I was in Kyoto - that was fun heh.

20120308220334.jpg

And me a few days ago.. no hair left heh
indredouche.jpg

and a classic for those that remember.

cryingdarkness.jpg

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I personally prefer the Lex look (and the sunglasses) but that 'stache (and hat) is pretty rockin' too. :biggrin:

• Like 1

That scarf just ruins it though.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Love those mountain shots. :)

Also....20 yr. old cat. :thumbsup:  My last kittah lived to be about that old. He'd old-man dodder around, sleep in his basket...very sweet

Sadly he is not as fit as he used to be, he has severe diabetes now and the treatment is very difficult, he also has troubles walking and bad teeth which cannot be fixed due to his age. Putting him to sleep has crossed my mind more than once but on good days he is such a happy cat, he checks his territory, sunbathes, watches birds and demands belly massages every half hour.

On bad days he is barely alive, that sad look in his eyes, like he knows..........    ;(

Me in the biggest shovel I've ever seen in person. (I'm 6'1'')

thatsabickfuckingshovel.jpg

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 3

This thread made me realize that I need to transfer photos from my old HD to a new one.

Also I feel even more motivated to lose my mass building/strengthening weight after seeing Woldan's pics.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Also I feel even more motivated to lose my mass building/strengthening weight

If you need any advice let me know, I have 8 years of strength training under my belt. - Free weights only. 

• Like 1

Also I feel even more motivated to lose my mass building/strengthening weight

If you need any advice let me know, I have 8 years of strength training under my belt. - Free weights only.

Oh I'm good with strength training(I also use only free weights), it's just I exercised and dieted for several months to build mass and strength and now I'm trying to lose the belly that came with it.

If you know how to balance decent toning with extreme fat burning, let me know.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I started looking a old pictures and it's funny how you then notice your own change in appearance.. So here are a combi of travels and looks.

Me back in 07 when I was in India.. Long curly hair, shaggy sideburns and a moustache

Dat nipple edit.

Oh I'm good with strength training(I also use only free weights), it's just I exercised and dieted for several months to build mass and strength and now I'm trying to lose the belly that came with it.

If you know how to balance decent toning with extreme fat burning, let me know.

Eat baby food.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't hear from me after today, I've OD'd on jerky and am playing a harp in the meat-lovers heaven.

jerkyheaven1.jpg

...also...have they invented wireless pc hardware yet? :verymad:

toomanywires1.jpg

• Like 2

That power supply looks like it is barely hanging in there despite being (probably) screwed to the back panel.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If you don't hear from me after today, I've OD'd on jerky and am playing a harp in the meat-lovers heaven.

jerkyheaven1.jpg

Lady, you need to check out Susmans so badly it's not even funny.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.