...French Maid...

Something has always bugged me about this and maybe you can clear it up:

You remember how all the ghosts in the house were frozen at the age they were when they were murdered? Why was that particular ghost able to manifest as she was when she was murdered (young) but also as she would have been if she had aged normally? Plot hole? Me overthinking?

...French Maid...

Something has always bugged me about this and maybe you can clear it up:

You remember how all the ghosts in the house were frozen at the age they were when they were murdered? Why was that particular ghost able to manifest as she was when she was murdered (young) but also as she would have been if she had aged normally? Plot hole? Me overthinking?

Good question, my opinion

I think this was a bit strange but since her role was suppose to be a seductress but also to be non-threatening she had the ability to be old or young depending on who was looking at her . Not many wives would have accepted a lady walking around the house and doing house work looking like that and dressed like that

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Have you watched the previous two AHS series?

How can you ask such a question, of course. Hasn't everyone? :)

No.

OMG Walsie !!!!

I can't believe you never have watched American Horror Story  :aiee:  Where have you been living, the shows are brilliant. Especially if you think the whole French Maid or Nun costume looks sexy and you like horror these shows are a must :yes:

I don't really watch TV unless it's on Channel 4 OD, or BBC iplayer.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wasn't the best Breaking Bad episode, but .... No, Jessie, no! I understand, but not like that....not with ... him.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just finished watching season 1 of Starz DaVinci's Demons.

The first season is 8 episodes full of action, sex, fantasy and violence and it's a blast.    

The show is a mix of historical fact and fantasy set circa 1478 Florence (a period of daVinci's life that is not well chronicled).  The storyline is loosely tied to historical events with a massive dose of fantasy thrown in.   The plot revolves around a struggle between the Vatican and an organization called the Sons of Mithras who are waging a war over secret knowledge hidden throughout the centuries. Pope Sixtus IV, Lorenzo and Guiliano Medici, the Pazzi and Orsini familes of Florence and Lucrezia Donati (Lorenzo Medici's mistress) all play key roles.   Leonardo is at the center of the plot and finds himself being manipulated at every turn. 

If you are looking for a totally factual portrayal of the life and times of Leonardo da Vinci, it’s best to look elsewhere. 

Edited by kgambit

Oh man, Walt's "confession" on Breaking Bad was so great.  You could literally feel Hank crumble as that went down.  That was some seriously diabolical **** right there.

I couldn't agree more, Dean Norris is one heck of an actor. 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

We've been watching a lot of Dexter. Had only seen the first 2 seasons + the 4th, so we're catching up now.

Half an hour until Breaking Bad time, for me. It's the TV highlight of the week, one of the few shows over the past several years that I actually sit down to watch every episode when it's broadcast (vs. watching later, or "someday"). Booyow.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I knew the episode was going to end that way. Dang it! What happens, what happens! :biggrin:

I knew the episode was going to end that way. Dang it! What happens, what happens! :biggrin:

You could see that ending coming from a mile away, yet it was still tense and thrilling.  ****, that was a great episode!  The way I see it

Hank and Gomie are dead men, Jesse may get away.  Maybe he hides under the car or something?  I mean there's no way he can run and get away.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Catching up on season 4 of Justified.

Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Art Mullen: First thing we're going to do is we're gonna acknowledge that this guy's awesome.

Deputy U.S. Marshal Rachel Brooks: What?

Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Art Mullen: I mean, he shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of an airplane while he's flying it, parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jump-start the economy of a small country, and then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement, not once but two times! He spends a couple of days riding around with you [points at Raylan] while you're looking for him, and now he's run off with a hooker that's half his age. That's some bad-ass ****.

Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens: It's pretty bad-ass.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Finished Season 7 of Dexter, started Season 8. All I gotta say at this point is .... poor Deb. I couldn't stand her character for most of the show's run, but now ... just ... poor Deb. :lol:

Mike is such a douche this season of Almighty Johnsons.

For those of you who don't know what Almighty Johnsons is its a New Zealand show about a family of norse gods in New Zealand and their adventures when they find out their youngest brother is Odin. The norse gods took mortal form and were chased out of Scandinavia and found refuge in NZ, where they are reborn into new host bodies every generation when the offspring of a god and goddess turns 21. When Odin is reborn he must seek out Frig, because if he dies before finding her, hiswhole family dies, and if he finds her, the gods can re-enter Asgard and have their full powers restored.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Breaking Bad prediction time:

Hank and Gomie die in the shootout.  Jesse gets taken hostage.  Walt refuses to cook for the Nazi goon squad then escapes and uses Saul's guy to get himself and his family a new identity.  The Nazis kidnap Brock to force Jesse to cook for them.  Meanwhile the blackmail video comes out, and with no evidence to refute it, ruins Hank;s name.  Marie goes ape**** and trashes the White residence.  Walt gets the M60, then the ricin.  He takes the ricin himself before the final showdown with the Nazi goon squad, that way he will be dead even if he survives the gunfight and can never go to jail or be forced to cook.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm sorta wondering if

Hank dies, will Walt's wife see that as a last straw and start confessing, causing Walt to go into hiding alone? The trauma could make Walt Jr. be the one to go nuts and trash their house. :) But yeah, I do think being forced into cooking (or Jessie being forced into it) is going to factor into the end game showdown somehow. And the ricin being a suicide/kamikaze option seems perfectly plausible.

Hm, well the whole future-flash of "Walt buying the M60 and returning home" happens after he turns 52.. So since Hank found the book when Walt was turning 51, only a little time has gone by. There's going to be some gap of almost a year happening.

Just watched through that Firefly 10th Anniversary Browncoat Reunion that got shot at last years SDComicCon.

When you see the cast and writers just chatting back and forth with each other, you really get the feeling they're practically family, even 10 years after the show was cancelled.

It was a good show but way overrated. And, the only people to blame for its cancellation are those who didn't feel the need to watch it.

It doesn't help that they didn't air the pilot episode so many were a little put off by not having been introduced to the characters.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It was a good show but way overrated. And, the only people to blame for its cancellation are those who didn't feel the need to watch it.

It doesn't help that they didn't air the pilot episode so many were a little put off by not having been introduced to the characters.

Or that they aired episodes out of order (yes the episodes were mostly self contained, but they also had a running plot that spanned multiple episodes), or that they didn't advertise the show much, or that it got preempted several times , or that it got the Friday death slot.

It was set up to fail from the start.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

hurtnocount_zps8432a885.jpg

:aiee:

Fixed.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

It was a good show but way overrated.

A little over-rated, yes. And absence makes the heart fonder. But there's so little decent sci-fi TV series (imo) to pick from, it always sucks when they cancel one of the good ones.

Sci-fi shows rarely seem to find enough of an audience to stay on air for long. Sometimes, perhaps, because they can be more costly to make than yet another Law and Order or reality show. Sigh.