Dog?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Dog?

• Yes, commerepuppypuppy!! Drop that arm and gimme a kiss!
    • No! Go away you filthy mutt!!
    • How about a cat?

If we're going to judge them on fight capability, I'll take a honey badger. Those bastards are crazy!

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Perhaps the pet should just stay back at the camp, or the stronghold, to avoid getting squished by all the nasty critters? It could do guard duty (dog) and keep the pests out of the supplies (cat).

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

If we're going to judge them on fight capability, I'll take a honey badger. Those bastards are crazy!

Then how about a human? That's one hell of a nasty species... ;)

If I can have a pet human I'll double my pledge.
  • Like 1

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Only if we can kill it, prep it, cook it, then eat it.

• Like 2

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

The Walking with Beasts series had a number of fascinating critters that might be suitable for animal companions if you're in the mood for something different and mostly large.

Edited by Tsuga C

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I wouldn't mind having a polar bear as beast buddy:

What you don't want is a bi-polar bear. u_u

That guy would be SO uncontrollable!

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I want flying shark as my fammilar ...

BEWERE !! lions, bear, tigers ! A FLYING SHARK IS COMING !!!!!

buhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

Funny captioned pic (language warning)

The fact that your forum rank says "conjurer" kind of scares me right now...

As it shoud ! :fdevil:

Edited by LadyCrimson

I think familiars and animal companions of past fantasy games would be enough; as long as we can interact with them like in Neverwinter Nights. ^^

I whanna nymph fammiliar from NWN :

Fey_nymph.jpg

and dryad or sucubbus from NWN

Fey_dryad.jpg

Outsider_succubus.jpg

I will surely "INTERACT" with them gihhihihih :w00t:

I whoud propably  craete the whole new meaning to Master-Fammilar Interaction  :fdevil:

It whoud be perfect if i coud have whole three fammiliars at once ... HELL yeah and then a real party starts :biggrin:

Edited by Ulquiorra

I think familiars and animal companions of past fantasy games would be enough; as long as we can interact with them like in Neverwinter Nights. ^^

It was a weak attempt at humor...

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

more than a companion i would like to see a familiar if we speak of a per, like the ones in d&d 3.5 for mages and wizards, not companion but with small passive bonus, but i would even like semi-monster companion like succubus, driad, nymph, but a non speaking-animal like companion it's just a wast of space to me

I almost laughed.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Cats or dogs, both are fine. I think I like cats more but dogs are usually more useful in battles. However, my personal favorite for a familiar/pet would be a wild boar with a funny hat.

"Maybe your grandiose vocabulary is a pathetic compensation for an insufficiency in the nether regions of your anatomy."

I almost laughed.

I almost expected you to. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

This is demeaning on many levels. Are you trying to be obnoxious? 

It was a weak attempt at humor...

What? I'm dead serious. I like having animal followers of some kind, but it doesn't have to be a dog for me. I'd be as happy with an arcane familiar like a cat, bat or weasel, or nature-oriented animal companions like wolves, boars or bears. I also like how we can interact with animal companions in NWN similarly to how the players can interact with the Dog in DA:O (but couldn't for NWN2). You don't have to agree, but you don't have to dismiss it either.

Edited by Faerunner

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Clearly a self-mocking parody of the shallowness and vapidity of nerd culture.

Right?

Right?

jcod0.png

That was deep ironic joke ...

I am 100% oposite "Dog" as a fammilar ..

I whoud more like to see nynph or flying sharck as a fammiliar :p

By the way ... let's put PE and games aside ...

IF in real life you coud have fammiliar ... youd you like dog over sexy chick ? (in real life terms) ...

Mayby im bad ... but i whoud like more this chick even if she whoud be only standing ...

If you whoud pick dog ... then serius man go to the doctor :)

(before nerdy spaming ... it was half joke :p)

In rality .. dog shoud be eaten by lion (not mention dragon) just like a sheep .. so i don't see any logical argumentation for that .. beside of "i whanna puppy"

Seriusly  .. a dog ?

Mayby a fish ?

Or buterfly ?

jesus christ ...

Edited by Ulquiorra