Dog?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Dog?

• Yes, commerepuppypuppy!! Drop that arm and gimme a kiss!
    • No! Go away you filthy mutt!!
    • How about a cat?

I really liked the dog in Dragon Age, it was the only companion I'd always take with me. The other companions were between the annoying and the creepy, and I'd take them along only as cannon fodder or for a specific ability/ies lacking in the main character (or if I had to).

Besides, the dog in DA reminded me a lot of my own dog, whom I miss dearly. Same size, same face, a thinner neck tho.

So, I'd like a dog as companion. Possibly a pitbull/moloss-like dog, but I'm not too picky (if one could have a choice of how the dog would look like, it would be best), as long as the dog has a personality of his/her own. Heck, if there's a backstory and stuff like that, I'd love it (no romance option, tho.. please.. really, I mean it, don't go there).

Besides, which adventurer wouldn't want a dog around?

• Like 1

Familiars and animal companions (FACs) have yet to be detailed by Obsidianites, so you might get your wish, after a fashion.  They haven't mentioned a war dog as a companion, though, so you might want to temper your hopes a bit.

I'd like to hear some official information on FACs (hint, hint!).  o:)

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

I would like a large feline, please.

...but a dwarf hamster that could ride around and peek out from the plumes of my fancy hat would be pretty awesome too.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm all for pet's if it makes sense, e.g. it it's ranger's pet or mage's familiar. And it should have some drawbacks too, it's not pokemon game. 

Strage and weird pets like the Lim Lim are awesome.

As a side note, if you turned the Lim Lim to stone, you are a terrible person.

Yeah Lim Lim was fine, partly because it was useless, no mechanics involved, just increased depth of the game.

signqev.jpg

Why have drawbacks?

I still think they should go the way of familiars pets with type not mattering, and the bonus it can give being seperate for type (aka not missing out your favorite animal type because you're a warrior and it happens to be +intelligence).

The only drawback should be that you have 1. And that you have to choose his bonusses, can't have them all. Good enough for me :)

• Like 2

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

A dog would make a good distraction. You know, like a consumable item, deploy it once and then it distracts the enemy by getting killed by them.

Sounds good to me!

Hyenas aren't dogs. They're not even caniform. They're actually part of the suborder feliformia. In other words, Hyenas are closer to cats than dogs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feliformia

Edited by AGX-17

DAO's dog was really cool. Terrible in a fight compared to the other characters, but really cool. There was a mod that let you use him as a fifth party member.

A dog would make a good distraction. You know, like a consumable item, deploy it once and then it distracts the enemy by getting killed by them.

Sounds good to me!

Hyenas aren't dogs. They're not even caniform. They're actually part of the suborder feliformia. In other words, Hyenas are closer to cats than dogs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feliformia

While true, hyenas have a lot of canine traits to them. And also, those pictures are awesome.

sdhRaqg.jpg

sqnNm74.jpg

jcod0.png

I want to be Dog/God from Dead Money.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I want a Dalek as a companion. Even though it would probably try to exterminate the rest of the party.........

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Why have drawbacks?

I still think they should go the way of familiars pets with type not mattering, and the bonus it can give being seperate for type (aka not missing out your favorite animal type because you're a warrior and it happens to be +intelligence).

The only drawback should be that you have 1. And that you have to choose his bonusses, can't have them all. Good enough for me :)

Drawbacks so that having pet does not always equal having more power. What I had in mind for example: Pets take up party spot or you have to share experience with them, or when they die you loose hitpoints etc. 

signqev.jpg

I'm rather tired of having to deal with dogs everywhere in games as well as in real life, so I would greatly prefer some other manner of animal. Still, assuming that familiars/animal companions are optional, I'm fairly unlikely to end up using them anyhow, so for that reason I don't care all that much -- though I do think having at least one non-dog option there would be a good thing.

knightofchaoss.jpg

Waiting for the announcement that this world will have neither dogs nor cats, but instead.... :ermm:

After everyone kept telling me how cats were extinct in Fallout lore or something, but dogs were still around, I demand a game where dogs are extinct but cats remain. :p;)
  • Like 4
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I didn't vote due to the lack of a pet rat option.  I'd settle for a miniature giant space hamster, though.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

While true, hyenas have a lot of canine traits to them. And also, those pictures are awesome.

They wouldn't likely be classified as feliform if they had a lot of canid traits. The taxonomy is pretty clear. Have you ever heard of convergent evolution? In this case, it's cosmetic.

At any rate, a hyena would be better than a dog in a violent situation, objectively. It does bear mentioning that I'm bothered by the... zeal of the OP's dog-centered desire.

Edited by AGX-17
  • Like 1

They wouldn't likely be classified as feliform if they had a lot of canid traits. The taxonomy is pretty clear. Have you ever heard of convergent evolution? In this case, it's cosmetic.At any rate, a hyena would be better than a dog in a violent situation, objectively. It does bear mentioning that I'm bothered by the... zeal of the OP's dog-centered desire.

He does seem....... enthusiastic. I was a bit surprised(to put it politely) that he brought up romancing a dog(even if it was in jest). Some ideas should just not be entertained at all.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands