What should a female breastplate really look like

I don't see how a professional fighter would ignore these dangers.

Enchanted item: Scrunchie of Slipperiness!  :biggrin:

• Like 1

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

If armor can't hint at torso structure, then hair can't be allowed to give your enemy advantages. Seasoned danger-handlers simply wouldn't allow it, just as seasoned armor-makers wouldn't allow minor breastplate variance.

Our armors do have sex-based variants because we want people to be able to tell female characters from male characters.  IRL, such armors are almost never shaped significantly differently, just sized and proportioned differently.  Even our most cutting edge contemporary female body armor outwardly doesn't look much different from the male versions.  In PE, they will be shaped differently to help the silhouettes read differently.  Cadegund's concept reflects this as does the godlike concept Polina developed.  It almost assuredly is not what an armorer would do IRL, but it helps distinguish the characters.  It's the same reason why we marginally increased the size of war hammer heads.  At the realistic size and proportions, they don't clearly read as war hammers, so a small amount of exaggeration was required.

• Like 12

^ Yeah, this thread got a little ridiculous with stubbornness, so I was actually kind of playing devil's advocate there, with a "If we can't have convenient aesthetic visual distinction between player-controlled characters in armors because of how it will affect realism, then there's no point in allowing anything that breaks from realism in the slightest, and look where that gets us."

I'm very much in support of the minor distinctions between male and female characters, and the reasoning behind it, as well as the small exaggerations on weapons that don't read well from the isometric camera when proportioned 100% realistically (hammers, rapiers, etc.).

I'm actually attempting to slowly noob my way into video game art/design.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

^ Yeah, this thread got a little ridiculous with stubbornness, so I was actually kind of playing devil's advocate there, with a "If we can't have convenient aesthetic visual distinction between player-controlled characters in armors because of how it will affect realism, then there's no point in allowing anything that breaks from realism in the slightest, and look where that gets us."

I'm very much in support of the minor distinctions between male and female characters, and the reasoning behind it, as well as the small exaggerations on weapons that don't read well from the isometric camera when proportioned 100% realistically (hammers, rapiers, etc.).

I'm actually attempting to slowly noob my way into video game art/design.

Lephys my friend you are getting it, first minor distinctions in male and female characters then we move to chainmail bikini's...and then Romance\Sex for the party members. Everything  about PE will start feeling okay at this stage. Welcome to my world :w00t:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

If armor can't hint at torso structure, then hair can't be allowed to give your enemy advantages. Seasoned danger-handlers simply wouldn't allow it, just as seasoned armor-makers wouldn't allow minor breastplate variance.

Our armors do have sex-based variants because we want people to be able to tell female characters from male characters.  IRL, such armors are almost never shaped significantly differently, just sized and proportioned differently.  Even our most cutting edge contemporary female body armor outwardly doesn't look much different from the male versions.  In PE, they will be shaped differently to help the silhouettes read differently.  Cadegund's concept reflects this as does the godlike concept Polina developed.  It almost assuredly is not what an armorer would do IRL, but it helps distinguish the characters.  It's the same reason why we marginally increased the size of war hammer heads.  At the realistic size and proportions, they don't clearly read as war hammers, so a small amount of exaggeration was required.

Oh well :/

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

BUT HOW WILL YOU TELL FEMALE CHARACTERS APART FROM EACH OTHER BRO

Edited by centurionofprix
  • Like 1