The funny things thread

Rosbjerg

The gun spinning is impressive. What's MORE impressive is anyone standing there letting him do that without kneeing him hard in the spuds.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Now I kind of find this news story kind of amusing..

Tennessee Woman Outraged by Ghetto Booty Diagnosis

A Tennessee woman who complained to her doctor about her lower back pain received a diagnosis that won't be found in any medical books.

"He said 'I know what the problem is. It's ghetto booty,'" Terry Ragland told CBS affiliate WREG in Memphis, Tenn.

Ragland is complaining to the Tennessee Department of Health about Dr. Timothy Sweo for what she calls an "inappropriate" and "sexist" comment.

She said she couldn't believe that the doctor would give her that diagnosis. She even asked him again for clarification.

"I said "ghetto what?' (He said,) 'ghetto booty,'" she recalled.

She then told an office manager what happened, and the staffer apologized for the comment. Sweo apologized to Ragland in a letter a few weeks later, explaining he was "trying to take a technical conversation regarding your lower back and make it less technical."

"It says to me he doubts what kind of intellect I have, how intelligent I am to be able to understand what he conveys to me in a medical term," she commented.

Sweo told WREG that Ragland had lumbar lordosis, which an inward curvature of the spine. Excessive curvature can lead to moderate to severe back pain.

"What I was trying to explain to that patient is that she has lumbar lordosis, which is a fancy name for the curve of the lower spine that makes the buttocks protrude more," he said. "In trying to explain that I said that she had ghetto booty and she didn't like that apparently. That was my attempt to explain why she had the back problem. It wasn't the whole problem but it was part of it and she got upset about it. You cannot cure lumbar lordosis."

He added that the term "ghetto booty" is not targeted toward a certain race or ethnicity, and he did not mean to offend anyone. Sweo admitted though that the term was "probably inappropriate," and he would not be using it anymore.

Sweo has never faced disciplinary action in Tennessee, but if the state finds that Ragland's claim is substantiated, it will be brought to the Board of Medical Examiners. They will decide if it warrants further disciplinary action.

"It's not endearing. It's not loving. It's not a compliment. It's wrong in every aspect and it's very demeaning," Ragland said.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Meh, you can make any language sound incredibly dumb if you totally exaggerate certain syllables and letters in words while speaking very loudly like an angry constipated coke addict. 

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I speak French and Cantonese Chinese (by the time my parents realised they should have been teaching me Mandarin instead, it was too late) and I actually find German quite pleasant to listen to so long as it isn't being spoken by some failed artist with a toothbrush mustache. Rather unfortunate when one speaks of how the German language sounds many immediately think of Rammstein and Triumph of the Will 

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

meowseph-stalin-and-kitler.jpg

I quite like this:

Lenincat_ed26de_1949121.jpg

• Like 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

NILPFERD!!!!! hahahaa.. God I can't stop laughing..

I think someone screaming ''hippopotamus'' sounds even more funny. 

*edit* by the way, 1:1 translated into English Nilpferd means '' Nile horse''. 

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

More civilized people say "flodhäst" though. ;D

If you really want to have fun at danes, you should explain how you count things. *Shudder*

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Bathtub motorcycle is 'effin awesome!

also..

ss0QZj3.gif

One of the greatest movies ever. Its like A Christmas Story for summertime.

Also, this is funny whether you watch the show or not:

http://youtu.be/GvGINTSU2AI

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I never knew Irish people had such fatalist humor.. This pearl was delivered by a very drunk speciment a few nights ago.

How many potatos does it take to kill an Irishman?

Hmm, no idea?

none...

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45d8kn5hApg

Not as funny as some of the Red Wedding reactions, but I've been getting some laughs.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Not as funny as some of the Red Wedding reactions, but I've been getting some laughs.

"But we wanted a young, sexy Doctor! This guy is like my dad. Ewww. - Every fan girl under 23"

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"But we wanted a young, sexy Doctor! This guy is like my dad. Ewww. - Every fan girl under 23"

Peter Capaldi's response...

capadli.jpg

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands