The funny things thread

Rosbjerg

The MC-47 also did a fantastic job of keeping your kids feet off of the wet clean floor.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

6i8al6n.gif

I don't get it.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ice, it's being broken.

Aha.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Sorry. I let the side down there.

-Elwood Blues

If the Taliban win, there will be no more shake weight.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Favourite was thet pilot saying "thanks" to the ground crew.

• Like 2
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Korea made a baseball gorilla movie, because, of course they did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bxDl_ER5VC0

OMG WALK OF LIFE!!!

I had to put on the Brothers in Arms LP straight away. :D

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

A friend of mine introduced me to his new roommate today, an exchange student from Germany. We decided to go out to eat and asked him if there was anything in particular he wanted to go and he said to us:

"There was a place called 'Chi-po-tel' I ate at when I was in New York, do you have that in California?"

Puzzled, I asked: "A place called what?"

"You know, 'Chi-po-tel."

We asked him: "What the hell is a 'Chi-po-tel?'"

"Chi-po-tel! Chi-po-tel! You know, they make a burrito right in front of you!"

"Ohhhhh... you mean 'Chi-pot-LAY.'"

We spent the next minute or so trying to get the right pronunciation into his head. Needless to say, he's an awesome dude to hang around with.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling