The funny things thread

Rosbjerg

I'm still going nuts trying to work out what variant that magazine is. The lip at the forward edge is too straight...

Could it be home-made? Would explain the spring going - assuming I'm right about the spring.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm still going nuts trying to work out what variant that magazine is. The lip at the forward edge is too straight...

Could it be home-made? Would explain the spring going - assuming I'm right about the spring.

I assumed it was the straight 20 round stanag mag. Obviously, I've never seen one up close, not being a party to STANAG. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The springs were always pretty weak in our magazines due to age and wear

I don't think I'd ever seen one even close to new but then pretty much all our gear was crap

EDIT: It looks just like the standard issue mags we had. 30 round capacity

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I assumed it was the straight 20 round stanag mag. Obviously, I've never seen one up close, not being a party to STANAG. ;)

But it looks like a dusty AK, judging by the glove and the banjo'd bullets. Plus it does have a lot of AK hallmarks, like the groove for the magazine catch.

I am such a trainspotter. :)

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Looks like healthy option for self-defence. Your attacker will be momentarily distracted asking themselves why you have testicles hanging off your gun.

-Elwood Blues

This is how clip should look when bullets are in and as you can see in upper picture bullets are somewhat differently put in the clip, which is quite feat as clips usually have quite strong spring in them.

RAAAAAARGH! He said CLIP! CLIIIIIP! Get the inquisition, burn him, burn him ALAAIIIIVE!

For those who don't know what the hell just happened, a magazine and a clip are two very different things and its sadly a common mistake to call a mag a clip. A CLIP, also called a stripper clip is used to LOAD a magazine. Therefore a magazine cannot be a clip.

clip_vs_mag.jpg

• Like 2

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

This is how clip should look when bullets are in and as you can see in upper picture bullets are somewhat differently put in the clip, which is quite feat as clips usually have quite strong spring in them.

RAAAAAARGH! He said CLIP! CLIIIIIP! Get the inquisition, burn him, burn him ALAAIIIIVE!

For those who don't know what the hell just happened, a magazine and a clip are two very different things and its sadly a common mistake to call a mag a clip. A CLIP, also called a stripper clip is used to LOAD a magazine. Therefore a magazine cannot be a clip.

clip_vs_mag.jpg

It is too bad that dictionary offers clip as translation for Finnish word lipas, which in Finnish means magazine like in ditto picture (not this kind magazines, which comes to my mind when I hear/read that word, which is was reason why I choose clip from two offered choices :) ), when we are speaking about guns. But now I know that right translation for clip in Finnish is patruunakampa or patruunaside.

Clip is a shorter word, and feels better to say than magazine.

Plus magazines don't make a festive 'ping' noise.

-Elwood Blues

I saw the headline "William and Kate waxworks on the move"

kate-william-wax21--z.jpg

And I thought of them actually on little segway wheels, roaming London, being charming in a slightly stand-offish way, and helping old ladies across the street.

Then, one day the William one wheels into a doorway after being splashed with a lot of water by an inconsiderate bus driver. The door behind him is slightly broken chipboard and he overhears what sounds like a plot to kill the queen by using a retrovirus to make her corgis explode.

Desperate, the plucky mannequin tries to get his owners and operators to listen to him. But they laugh in his plastic face. He is disconsolate and mopes until he is helpfully emptying the trash and discovers he is now scheduled to be melted down!

Fearing for his unlife, the William mannequin tries to convince the Kate mannequin to run away with him. But she has just signed a sponsorship deal with a range of boutique hatpins, and only cares about all the beeswax furniture polish she will be able to buy.

William breaks out, and heads as far away as his pathetic battery life will take him, finally running out of power on a housing estate scheduled for demolition. A band of yoofs find him, and the specciest smallest kid teams up with the empowering vaguely black kid to refit, refurb, and re-arm the moto-monarch.

The newly kickass William mannequin returns to central London just in time to find the place in chaos due to a computer virus infecting all the security services. he has to fight a lot of people. Some of whom look a bit foreign. But it's OK because he does so while being terribly polite and understanding. At some point he ends up with a severed head stuck on his belt.

The finale occurs as the bad guys are trying to get to the queen, and she is trying to find her missing (now explosive) corgi. She must NOT get on board the jet to Scotland, or it will explode at altitude.

At this point we discover that the Kate mannequin was behind the whole thing, and has been upgraded by Craig Charles from Robot Wars, and the two mannequins have a fight on the outside of the plane AS IT IS TAKING OFF.

I can't work out if William should win or not.

-Elwood Blues

Unfortunately the exploding Corgi was kidnapped by an eager paparazzi. The headquarters of the London Sun was leveled, leaving nobody surprised.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

When Mr. Clean wasn't a smilin' dude - but apparently still made the ladies smile.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts