The funny things thread

Rosbjerg

Harry needs one of those. Scratch that, a whole pack of them. Hanging from bungees under an apache. Biting terrorists. On the backside.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So that's why the center barriers always seem to have those consistent black rubber lines at the half-way point!
....hopefully they didn't end up killing anyone. :disguise:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Challenge for you then. Which AK mag is it?

Many more options at http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2239&SID=B71108169F816182B3D0766A7D157AE77B0

(won't link to any other images)

2007-01-12_233203_AK_magsA.JPG

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I am always interested in/fascinated with weapons (and warfare history) of all kinds and from many periods of time.

But I do find it constantly amazing how much energy we human beings put into the creation of weapons. Sometimes I think it's only 2nd to the energy we put into trying to get laid.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Please don't take this the wrong way, because I am always interested in/fascinated with weapons (and warfare history) of all kinds and from many periods of time.

But I do find it constantly amazing how much energy we human beings put into the creation of weapons. Sometimes I think it's only 2nd to the energy we put into trying to get laid.

Well, it does beg the question of just what is the oldest profession..   warrior, prostitute, or politician....  Although some would say the last two are quite similar. :shifty:

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Well at one point, the alternative to tirelessly bashing one stone against another stone for hours until one of them became a pointy stone was death by starvation.

Some point later, "death by starvation" became "death by someone else's pointy stone".

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

That, my dear, is because the first thing we do after we get laid is try to stop any other bastard from stealing our erm... you know... crumpet.

Speaking of war: best opening from Wikipedia EVER.

Lieutenant-General Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart[1] VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO (5 May 1880 – 5 June 1963), was an English officer of Belgian and Irish descent. He fought in the Boer War, World War I, and World War II, was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip and ear, survived a plane crash, tunneled out of a POW camp, and bit off his own fingers when a doctor wouldn't amputate them. He later said "frankly I had enjoyed the war."

• Like 5

-Elwood Blues

Hahaha! Only in Brittain! :D

Did'nt you have this crazy extreme sportsman that amputated his fingers that got frostbite during his walk to the north pole, just because the doctors were to slow about it?

Ah, yes; Sir Ranulph Fiennes, the man basically defines manlyness!

Edited by Azdeus

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Lieutenant-General Sir Adrian Paul Ghislain Carton de Wiart[1] VC, KBE, CB, CMG, DSO (5 May 1880 – 5 June 1963), was an English officer of Belgian and Irish descent. He fought in the Boer War, World War I, and World War II, was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip and ear, survived a plane crash, tunneled out of a POW camp, and bit off his own fingers when a doctor wouldn't amputate them. He later said "frankly I had enjoyed the war."

There is a reason it was the English who came up with..

ItsOnlyAFleshWound_zps597b237b.jpg

There's stupid, and then there's this...

TheresStupidAndTheresThis_zps71429be3.jp

for someone who knows nothing about guns, what am I looking at?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Lets just say someone has loaded that magazine in a very..  unusual manner.

A ammo clip with bullets placed in the wrong way? They should be placed horizontally.

funny-pictures-fucking-guns-auto-demotiv

• Like 2

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

Thinking about that magazine more charitably:

If the spring has gone in the magazine, and you can't replace it then what you have is a metal box that is the right shape for your webbing, but which can't feed rounds into your gun. Using it to store objects passively - even bullets - isn't mental. The only thing wrong with it is that you might grab the wrong magazine when you want a working one.

The only thing I'd do differently, based on my military experience is that I'd use it for storing sachets of instant coffee and sugar.

-Elwood Blues

There's stupid, and then there's this...

TheresStupidAndTheresThis_zps71429be3.jp

for someone who knows nothing about guns, what am I looking at?

ak-47-ammo-mag-19464365.jpg

This is how clip should look when bullets are in and as you can see in upper picture bullets are somewhat differently put in the clip, which is quite feat as clips usually have quite strong spring in them.

EDIT: Seems that I was too slow :)

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1