Post Your Mobile Devices!

Bokishi

I have an iPhone 4. I've treated it so badly that I'm ashamed to post pictures of it. I bought it in '09, I think. I browse the net on it more than I do on my PC. I have no plans on buying a new phone until it completely dies on me.

I don't know if portable gaming devices count, but I have some of those, too.

• 7 months later...

I recently bought a Mi Pad. It's awesome.

Xiaomi-MiPad1.jpg

It's a Tegra K1 device (the world's first pad with Tegra K1) and my pad scores 42000 Antutu points. Which is phenomenal.

2GB ram, 64GB eMMC, Micro-SD memory slot (I have a 64 GB card, so 128 GB altogether), IPS screen with 2048x1536 resolution, 6700 mAh battery.

It's the same size as an iPad Mini but performance is better. It also has surprising stamina. I've been using it for hours on end, playing Baldur's Gate and watching movies and it just keeps going. Well worth the $385 I paid for it (including freight and ****ing toll).

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I have no clue why everyone keeps saying that. They use the same screen, but that's it. (iPad screen is made by LG, Mi Pad is made by Sharp)

I left it on my bed in the morning. Got back home right now. The battery meter says 97% left and 11:29 since last charge. This thing has ridiculous stamina! I LOVE IT

Although I must say (wrong thread, I know) that I will never understand the love Baldur's Gate gets. It's sooo mind-numbingly slow! And controlling the party is like trying to herd a gang of blind retards through a narrow doorway EVERY STEP OF THE WAY. I can't believe people put up with that **** for so many years!

I hook Cheat Engine to pretty every singleplayer game I play and have hotkeys enabled to multiply the game's speed to specific levels to get past that sort of thing, so...uh...lol

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Nice Mi Pad!! I just recently picked up an Nvidia Shield Tablet that also has Tegra K1 (so I'm selling my 2013 32GB Nexus 7). This thing has a 1080p 8 inch screen, and can play HL2 and Doom 3 on max gfx settings, which is pretty sweet. Also compatible with Gamestream so I can stream all my controller enabled PC games to my coffee table

image9dx14.jpg

I recently bought a Mi Pad. It's awesome.

Xiaomi-MiPad1.jpg

It's a Tegra K1 device (the world's first pad with Tegra K1) and my pad scores 42000 Antutu points. Which is phenomenal.

2GB ram, 64GB eMMC, Micro-SD memory slot (I have a 64 GB card, so 128 GB altogether), IPS screen with 2048x1536 resolution, 6700 mAh battery.

It's the same size as an iPad Mini but performance is better. It also has surprising stamina. I've been using it for hours on end, playing Baldur's Gate and watching movies and it just keeps going. Well worth the $385 I paid for it (including freight and ****ing toll).

Where did you buy it?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Google Nexus 10 tablet and a Samsung 2 (old and starting to die)

456813-121122-nexus-10.jpg

Both work great together and I generally really like Google devices.. Although I am thinking about trying out the Nokia Lumia 635.

Does anyone have good/bad experience with the Lumia series?

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't do tablets myself, but I do trust NotebookCheck's ratings more than any other source, they're the most reputable source for that kind of review, with objective measurements for things like screen quality. They're actually German, and the reviews are translated from German, so the content is a little EU-centric, but most of it is relevant worldwide.

Top 10 Tablets

Top 10 Smartphones

• Like 1

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I'm thinking of getting a phablet in the future, something 6"-ish.  My dinky 4" screen phone does the job, but I often find myself wishing the screen was bigger and would gladly sacrifice some portability for 2 extra inches of screen space.  I'm not looking at any specific device yet as it won't be until next year at the earliest.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm thinking of getting a phablet in the future, something 6"-ish.  My dinky 4" screen phone does the job, but I often find myself wishing the screen was bigger and would gladly sacrifice some portability for 2 extra inches of screen space.  I'm not looking at any specific device yet as it won't be until next year at the earliest.

6 inches you say? Well, there's already something out there for you, ridiculously overpowered and extravagant:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/lenovo-vibe-z2-pro-with-6-inch-qhd-display-snapdragon-801-launched-571467

• Like 1

6 inches you say? Well, there's already something out there for you, ridiculously overpowered and extravagant:

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/lenovo-vibe-z2-pro-with-6-inch-qhd-display-snapdragon-801-launched-571467

Me likey.  With any luck, there will be something even more ludicrously overpowered next year for me to scoop up.  :dancing:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Btw, I checked my Mi Pad this morning: 93% battery left, 2 days 10 hours since charging. I've only used it for browsing Imgur and random news in the morning and when eating these last few days, but still! The stamina on this thing is great!

Also, Ars Technica reviewed the latest Mi phone the Mi4:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/08/xiaomi-mi4-review-chinas-iphone-killer-is-unoriginal-but-amazing/

It's a good review and I agree with most of it. It's almost impossible to not be impressed by the hardware of these Xiaomi thingies. Also, it's great that the MIUI Android branch is actually faster than the stock Android. It's unheard of!

http://en.miui.com/

If you want to try it. It's excellent. Ported to hundreds of devices.

My mom has a lumia phone and updating it was pain in the ass. You have to download Microsoft Zune to your computer so you can update/patch your phone. Other than that and it being a closed system I don't have any complaints.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

My mom has a lumia phone and updating it was pain in the ass. You have to download Microsoft Zune to your computer so you can update/patch your phone. Other than that and it being a closed system I don't have any complaints.

'New' Lumias (WP8.x) don't need any outside software to be updated and they have also removed all other reliance for Zune.

My Lumia 920 has worked fine for last about two years. Only major complain against that I have is lack of some apps that you can find for iOS and android, but app library has gotten much better in last two years and probably will get better in future, as I don't think that MS will stop their efforts to support platform any time soon (but you never know for sure)

Edited by Elerond
  • Like 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, its starting to go, but I still have another 6 months or so before I can upgrade on my contract. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 too, its not good, but we got it free when we signed up for our cable subscription.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just imported this Chinese controller mount for my Shield Tablet. Works great when streaming games like Dark Souls 2

Finally a controller like that for tablet, been waiting for ages. Where did you get that and how's the quality?