Post Your Mobile Devices!

Bokishi

We have post your screenshots, post your pc specs, in this thread you can post your smartphones and tablets! You don't have to post picture either just describing is fine

For my phone I currently use a 64GB white iPhone 5, with custom black accents

imageytupc.jpg

The back has custom leather vinyl also

image4su1y.jpg

My tablet is a 16GB Android Nexus 7 (currently playing DosBox)

imageexutc.jpg

• Like 1

I use an iPhone 4S for work and a Motorola Defy for everything else.

I secretly hate them both.

• Like 3

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I have a Nokia 6300 dumbphone which is the only mobile phone I've ever purchased. For about a year prior to that I used another Nokia dumbphone, model unknown, that was a hand-me-down from a family member, until it started dropping calls. That was in 2007, so I was very much a latecomer to this whole mobile gadgets stuff.

I wouldn't get very far with a smartphone as I pre-pay just the $30 every 6 months for my access and have no data allowance whatsoever. :p

If you count the now old-fashioned MP3 player as a mobile device then I also have a Sansa Clip Zip player.

• Like 2

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I currently have a Nexus 7 for Tablet-things, a Motorola Milestone X as my phone, and a variety of iPods laying around that I use for music/podcasts (these range from an iPod Mini to an iPod touch). I'll likely upgrade the phone fairly soon, although I'll be buying one outright and not going through a contract as I like the plan I have and want to keep it.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade
  • Like 1

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I have a DSLR camera....oh wait. Well, it's a mobile device, right? :p

....I have a cheap mp3 player and a cellphone-sized video camera and that's it. Still considering an e-reader but haven't actually bought one yet. Hubby has an iPhone (Blackberry's before that) and iPad, neither of which he'd have if he didn't require them for work. He uses the phone a lot and the iPad almost never.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

None, and thank God for that. No phones, no e-readers, no handhelds, no .mp3 players, nothing.

Actually, I wouldn't mind having an .mp3 playing only device, (that is, without phone functionality), but I've never found earbuds that fit...or that I liked...but nor do I have any wish to go around wearing my Sennheisers.  :)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Tablets are stupid as they aren't really mobile. If it doesn't fit in your pocket might as well bring your laptop. Aside from lounging on the sofa doing web stuff I don't see any use for them.

I have a galaxy s3 which I actually prefer reading e books on over a tablet, especially since I got the cracked screen fixed, but that has to do with my vision. Sentences tend to jump around after a while when I'm reading a standard book size source. Even worse on an A4 format, used to think I was a little dyslexic but it went away on a small screen. So horray for the larger screen sized mobiles.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I have a Nexus 7 tablet and both an iPhone 5 (for work) and a Nexus 4 (for play) with the awfully awesome wireless charger. Also, not really mine but my wife has an Asus Transformer Infinity with the little keyboard dock that pretty much makes it a nifty little netbook and a Samsung Galaxy S3 after switching from an iPhone 4 after a dispute with Apple customer service, though she not so secretly covets my iPhone 5.

Free games updated 3/4/21

An old Nokia phone. Model unknown. Less than a decade old (probably).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have a Samsung C3050 slide phone, my company's work phone is a barebones Nokia 2630, and my other company phone is a Nokia E65 which is absolutely horrible.

I'll soon have yet another company phone. I think it's a nokia, as well.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm using a Sony Xperia S 32GB as my main mobile device, everything else has been retired. No tablets, I don't find them useful enough.

Still in storage...

Phones: Nokia 3310, Nokia 6670, Samsung GT-S8500 Wave

MP3 Players: Creative Zen Stone Plus 2GB, Cowon iAUDIO 4 128MB

Handheld Consoles: Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Cowon made the best portable music players bar none, it's a shame that it looks like they've left that part of their business behind. I waited too long and missed out on the now-discontinued J3. Sure, it's a niche market to care for such trivialities as audio quality, but I find the trend towards folding all portable devices into smartphones, with all the compromises that entails, to be a very unfortunate one.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Cowon made the best portable music players bar none, it's a shame that it looks like they've left that part of their business behind. I waited too long and missed out on the now-discontinued J3. Sure, it's a niche market to care for such trivialities as audio quality, but I find the trend towards folding all portable devices into smartphones, with all the compromises that entails, to be a very unfortunate one.

True - you can still get quality audio from phones, but you're looking at flagship models at that point, and only a few of them have good amps.

Edited by Archmage Silver

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

Yep. I want something portable that's good enough to plug a set of propper stereo headphones into, there is nothing that truly fits the description. Earplugs are a compromise for size and battery usage, the difference is like night and day.

My phone is close to being good enough but I don't use it because all the headphones still have the large stereo jacks (I don't think I've used one in over a decade) and the converters are bulky and break easily. There are bluetooth options, it really would be nice to do away with cables altogether, but they are either cumbersome with seperately carried transmitters, or too expensive.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

I have Nokia Lumia 920 as my primary phone and mobile internet device, and then I have Nokia E7, because it haven't yet found new home for it and then I have Nokia 6610i in store if I need some reason phone that works weeks without charging.  Addition to those I have also laptop, if that is counted as mobile device :).

Some day, somebody is going to have to explain to me (in simple terms) why they bother with all these "mobile devices"... I honestly don't get it. I hate my dumb-phone for intruding on my privacy, making me "accessible" and I just couldn't imagine wanting to spend more time on a 3" display than forced to, even at gunpoint :huh:

Yet people behave like drug addicts on a cold turkey if their precious gadgets go missing for more than an hour.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Some day, somebody is going to have to explain to me (in simple terms) why they bother with all these "mobile devices"... I honestly don't get it. I hate my dumb-phone for intruding on my privacy, making me "accessible" and I just couldn't imagine wanting to spend more time on a 3" display than forced to, even at gunpoint :huh:

Yet people behave like drug addicts on a cold turkey if their precious gadgets go missing for more than an hour.

Here here. I am the only person over 10 years old and under 60 that I know without a smartphone

my mp3 player is also 9 years old this year :) iRiver HP340 4lyfe

Edited by Sensuki

Wow, you're like so edgy and cool!! I wanna be like you!1!

No, wait, I don't.

Let me guess: you don't use Facebook either and have no problems telling everyone how you don't use Facebook and you can't understand why people would use it.

Smartphones is where the biggest advances in technology for the common man are happening right now.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Pft, to hell with the common man.

As for why, well people enjoy wasting time on stuff - is funny to count people with their noses in their phones on the bus/streetcar/subway.  Well that and people who like being handcuffed to work.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Q, low end smartphone, don't have a data plan so I just use it to watch Youtube videos in bed or leech wifi when I can to kill time in waiting rooms.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I like having the whole world at my fingertips in a device that fits into my pocket and I think it's awesome to be able to look up any random question that pops into my head no matter where I am and never missing a call because I'm not at home. I also enjoy reading a book, watching a movie or playing a game on my phone or tablet while riding the train home or in a waiting room or just generally trying to kill time (I'm looking at you airplanes). It's also just really amazing technology to me and I find it interesting but I am, admittedly, a bit of a nerd

I get the work complaint but that's also why I have 2 phones, if I'm not at work or on call then I don't take my work phone with me... usually. I can be a bit of a workaholic at times (tasty, tasty workahol  :biggrin: )

EDIT: because I'm dropping words left and right

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Smartphones is where the biggest advances in technology for the common man are happening right now.

Some people don't care much about those tech advances, outside of how it might be used eventually for something more practical/beneficial/interesting than smartphones/tablets. (and outside of must-for-work type stuff) Marketing is what's convinced the "masses" that they need certain things to stay connected with their loved ones/be in the loop, not an actual serious need. No different than children who think they have to have a certain toy because everyone else has it or "it's cool".

Not that I care ... since that's true of most things we all buy and people can do what they want. They are interesting toys, to hear about what they're doing with the tech, with some occasional practical uses...just none for me. I think about buying one those things now and then, but I just have no need so I'd rather save/spend my cash on things that relate to my personal lifestyle more.

Like that 90" home theater system. Screw small and portable. I prefer to go large. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wow, you're like so edgy and cool!! I wanna be like you!1!

No, wait, I don't.

Let me guess: you don't use Facebook either and have no problems telling everyone how you don't use Facebook and you can't understand why people would use it.

Problem with facebook is that they have gotten too big and have their tentacles in everything. Even people who hate facebook are forced to use it. I welcome the facebook is not cool anymore trend, it will surely hasten its demise so we can have something else instead... Which then grows too large and invasive.

Remember back when a chat window was the cool way to keep up with your friends. They made versions that integrated all the different protocols and programs. We need something like that for social media. So it's a third party program that integrates all your social media sites into one interface. That way we are not forced to sit up and take notice everytime facebook lets out a fart.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

• 6 months later...