Hiya,

does anyone know if there is a way to manage your pledge like upgrading from digital to physical or any other adjustments (buying add-ons etc.)? Is this work in progress? Are they working on pledge management tools like other crowdfunded games (e.g. Star Citizen)? Anyone know or heard anything about that?

Thanks! :)

Yes, they announced that the Backer site was coming along but was taking much more time than they first thought because with it they need to redo their whole website. Soon my friends, soon!

« Celui qui est consumé par la flamme de la justice ne craint ni le ciel, ni l’enfer ; il n’est qu’une arme attendant le jour de sa mort ». (Paul Murphy, l'Enclave, 1971)

• 2 weeks later...

The situation is starting to frustrate me quite a bit.....what makes it a lot worse is that they are avoiding it like the plague....they barely made two very quick mentions of it since the KS ended when by now they should probably say something about it every update until it's up. Up until recently I was fine with them taking their time but now the complete deafening silence on the matter is starting to get on my nerves a bit. It's like the big elephant in the room that everyone seems oblivious to and nobody mentions.

1zq6793.jpg

The situation is starting to frustrate me quite a bit.....what makes it a lot worse is that they are avoiding it like the plague....they barely made two very quick mentions of it since the KS ended when by now they should probably say something about it every update until it's up. Up until recently I was fine with them taking their time but now the complete deafening silence on the matter is starting to get on my nerves a bit. It's like the big elephant in the room that everyone seems oblivious to and nobody mentions.

Well, it's not like the game's development; They can't exactly show us concept art, and demo videos of an incomplete site. "Well, at some point, this will be a log in box, and this will allow you to navigate the page."

It's kind of a "Not done/done" thing. Several of the other Kickstarters have done the same thing. Most don't even mention anything about the pledge managers, except for maybe initially (to tell you that there will, in fact, be a backer site/manager), then like a week before it's done (in one of those "Good news, folks! It's almost time for the backer site to be up!" updates).

It's kind of like waiting on your food at a restaurant. I don't expect the server to come tell me "Okay, they're blending the sauce now!", or "They've flipped the chicken, so the other side is cooking now!". I just know a meal takes time to make, and I patiently await the completed meal. The incomplete components of the meal have no value to me, and are not news-worthy.

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I have a "problem" with my donation aswell:

I donated via paypal, since I do not own a credit card. I was digging through my eMails recently and it seems that I have not received any confirmation for my pledge/donation from Obsidian.

All I DO have is a paypal confirmation with a confirmation-number, but that's about it.

Is this the same with other paypal backers? Or did I accidentally delete an eMail with some sort of acknowledgement?

I really would appreciate some information about my pledge/donation...

Edited by pipboy2000

English is not my first language, so please forgive me any mistakes!

I donated via paypal, since I do not own a credit card. I was digging through my eMails recently and it seems that I have not received any confirmation for my pledge/donation from Obsidian.

All I DO have is a paypal confirmation with a confirmation-number, but that's about it.

Is this the same with other paypal backers? Or did I accidentally delete an eMail with some sort of acknowledgement?

I think I only got the receipts from paypal. I'm sure that will be enough though.

I didn't pay through my account but through a direct pay option where you just gave your information. Hopefully there won't be a problem with that. It would be great to know for sure.

Well, it's not like the game's development; They can't exactly show us concept art, and demo videos of an incomplete site. "Well, at some point, this will be a log in box, and this will allow you to navigate the page."

It's kind of a "Not done/done" thing. Several of the other Kickstarters have done the same thing. Most don't even mention anything about the pledge managers, except for maybe initially (to tell you that there will, in fact, be a backer site/manager), then like a week before it's done (in one of those "Good news, folks! It's almost time for the backer site to be up!" updates).

It's kind of like waiting on your food at a restaurant. I don't expect the server to come tell me "Okay, they're blending the sauce now!", or "They've flipped the chicken, so the other side is cooking now!". I just know a meal takes time to make, and I patiently await the completed meal. The incomplete components of the meal have no value to me, and are not news-worthy.

Bad example....if a restaurant makes me wait too long I leave and don't return. In this case they should have mentions of what's going on....delays, progress and so on. There should be SOMETHING to say about it.

1zq6793.jpg

Bad example....if a restaurant makes me wait too long I leave and don't return. In this case they should have mentions of what's going on....delays, progress and so on. There should be SOMETHING to say about it.

It's not as big of a deal as you guys make it out to be. A couple updates ago they said it would take a few weeks, "It's still not done yet" is hardly update worthy. Besides, I doubt it'll be much different than these forums unless you pledged $1000+ and get to design something in the game, which was like 20-30 people as AFAIK.

Nah, it's actually a pretty good example. You just took happenstancical context from my example, and applied it directly to the situation, as if it was the point of my example. You see, the point was that a meal isn't really a thing you get updates on. As is evident by the fact that the earliest problem with a meal in a restaurant you felt was worth mentioning was "if it takes too long." You have no concern with the stage-by-stage progress of your food in a restaurant, so long as the entire recipe is finished in a reasonable amount of time. Much like a backer website. So the comparison was entirely relevant.

If you feel that they're taking too long to get the completed backer site to your table, then you can feel free to complain to the manager. :)

However, I have no idea how you're determining how long it should take. *shrug*. But, that's your pre-rogative.

Patience IS a virtue, though.

Edited by Lephys
  • Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I think I only got the receipts from paypal. I'm sure that will be enough though.

I didn't pay through my account but through a direct pay option where you just gave your information. Hopefully there won't be a problem with that. It would be great to know for sure.

I wrote an eMail to the support about the matter and I just got an answer, confirming my paiment. So I guess, everything should be alright with the other paypal users aswell.

(Btw.: I didn't really think there would be any problems, but it just seemed a bit odd to me/I wasn't really happy about the fact, that I had not received some sort of acknowledgement from Obsidian.)

English is not my first language, so please forgive me any mistakes!

Nah, it's actually a pretty good example. You just took happenstancical context from my example, and applied it directly to the situation, as if it was the point of my example. You see, the point was that a meal isn't really a thing you get updates on. As is evident by the fact that the earliest problem with a meal in a restaurant you felt was worth mentioning was "if it takes too long." You have no concern with the stage-by-stage progress of your food in a restaurant, so long as the entire recipe is finished in a reasonable amount of time. Much like a backer website. So the comparison was entirely relevant.

If you feel that they're taking too long to get the completed backer site to your table, then you can feel free to complain to the manager. :)

However, I have no idea how you're determining how long it should take. *shrug*. But, that's your pre-rogative.

Patience IS a virtue, though.

And you are applying outlandish contexts......this is not a meal. And my patience has a timer......when it runs out I am gone for good. I am not yet anywhere near that yet....only a failure to deliver or horrible game can really accomplish that but I am quite annoyed.

1zq6793.jpg

And you are applying outlandish contexts......this is not a meal. And my patience has a timer......when it runs out I am gone for good. I am not yet anywhere near that yet....only a failure to deliver or horrible game can really accomplish that but I am quite annoyed.

Outlandish contexts? It's called a simile. I made a simple comparison. A webpage is something you don't generally get updates on, aside from "we're still working on it" or "it's finished." A meal works the same way. You're either waiting on your meal to be finished, or it's finished and you're no longer waiting on it. You don't say "I know it's only been 5 minutes, but NO ONE CAME AND TOLD ME IF THEY FLIPPED MY STEAK YET! *tears out own hair*". Just like you don't typically say "Why hasn't anyone posted a youtube video of the portions of the backer site that ARE done, yet?"

You just wait some more, because you want a site, not a couple of page-format boxes and some link images.

Seriously... in what way am I being outlandish or unreasonable? o_o

• Like 1

As I said before they only have one Web Developer (and that is not solely his job) and he had his first child over the new year.

Q: So, what’s happening with the backer portal?

A: I’m personally busy putting together a whole new Project Eternity website, which includes our backer portal, RSS feeds (popular request!), as well as including information and artwork about the universe of Eternity. What we know about classes, races, the gods, and more, and this site will continue to evolve as more and more is designed and released.

It is a big job though for just little ol’ me, so it’s still going to be a few weeks as I work everything out, but we’ll keep you in the know. Oh, and backer badges come with this system as well.

The backer portal will also be a great resource for those of you in the upper tiers who are submitting item, character, or location designs.

First off, I wanted to announce that we’re developing a fulfillment site, which we’re hoping to have online in the next month or two (I was hoping to have it up sooner, but my first baby is coming into the world in the next few days, eeep!). Everyone who backed the project on Kickstarter and/or PayPal will be e-mailed details that will give you credit on that site. After logging in, you will be able to:

I still think it is unreasonable to be getting all frantic about the fulfillment site, even though it has been 5 months since it was announced.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't the game coming out next year, anyway? They could announce the backer site in December and possibly still have things ready. 

You also have to consider the fact that Kickstarter itself only allows a single survey to be given out per project, in which case Obsidian has to be absolutely sure that those who donated that way get a survey they can rely on. If they send one out to me today, and I unexpectedly have to move next month, we're all screwed (except for the lucky sods what have moved into my home).

The only thing they need to worry about atm is the forms for the $1K+ backers that is the only thing that needs to be operational by the time Production comes around I guess.