What is most importan part of characters (npc, party members etc)

characters  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most important thing about characters in games ? (multi answer)

• Their emotions/ ractions to the word.
    • Their history
    • Their look (handsome etc)
    • Their motivations.
    • Their ralationships with other characters.
    • Their abilities
  2. 2. What traits do you prefer to see in characters in game ? (multi)

• Wisdom/ inteligence and logical motivation
    • calm/peaceful
    • Agression
    • madness/ crazyness. (not logical, sometimes scary motivation)
    • courage and ability to overcome difficulties
    • sociability/ friendliness
    • no sociability (not friendly, solitary)
    • Depressed, sad, with difficult experiences
    • Complaxed (characters that show multiple types above sometimes combined, sometimes hidden)
    • Not complaxed ones (stereotypical)

Just joking. Mostly joking. Not entirely serious.

She's an ok gal, had her in the party the first time I played BG's, all the way through 1 to finish.

Didnt try romancing her though, on a second playthrough just a few months back,

I did actually find her confessions of warm friendship to come pretty soon after the start of BG2.

Mainly dumped her because I wanted Viconia in the party this time around, no aerie either.

BTW, the second playthrough was a lot better in terms of character interaction.

I went with gut feeling and ended up in a mess with companions dropping out of party in disgust and even killing other companions.

Edited by Jarmo

Ideally, different characters would embody different traits listed so that we would have a mixed bag.

I don't think any one is more important than the others; what makes them stand out is having those differences to compare and contrast.

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Just joking. Mostly joking. Not entirely serious.

She's an ok gal, had her in the party the first time I played BG's, all the way through 1 to finish.

Didnt try romancing her though, on a second playthrough just a few months back,

I did actually find her confessions of warm friendship to come pretty soon after the start of BG2.

Mainly dumped her because I wanted Viconia in the party this time around, no aerie either.

BTW, the second playthrough was a lot better in terms of character interaction.

I went with gut feeling and ended up in a mess with companions dropping out of party in disgust and even killing other companions.

But...but...I thought we'd have a fight to the death now?? How disappointing.

• Like 1

About Jaheira ...

What you liked about her ? General apierience (BG) or normal + romance content like from (BG2) ?

In BG 1 i she was simply pissing me of .. and i don't played BG2 becouse of some bugs and technical ploblems ... is it realy worth it ?

About Jaheira ...

What you liked about her ? General apierience (BG) or normal + romance content like from (BG2) ?

In BG 1 i she was simply pissing me of .. and i don't played BG2 becouse of some bugs and technical ploblems ... is it realy worth it ?

It's just that you go through a lot with her and she is a long time (from bg1) companion. More so, she is torn between her duties as a harper on the one hand and her loyalty towards the mc on the other hand.

Her voice acting is really good and reflects the pain of losing her husband, as well as her initial insecurities and diplomatically phrased doubts concerning the mc's true motives and intentions.

She is constantly testing you. Probing if you are worthy of her, only to then doubt herself. She is drawn towards the mc but feels guilty for those feelings. Always trying to find a reason to not show her feelings.

All of this makes her very human and likeable. At least where I am concerned.

She is often sad while still retaining some humerous qualtities. Overall she is a very contemplative character, sometimes bordering on exaggerated self-doubt. She demands a lot of others and yet even more of herself.

Ultimately, while she keeps struggling to find her place and role in the world, she is the one friend you would want by your side when other allies might abandon you. She is not the overly sexy type of woman that you would instantly fall in love with. She is a convincing warrior though, all the while remaining very feminine.

And I'm not sure if I understood correctly. But if you really haven't played Bg2 then I can only tell you to install Bg2 + ToB right now and play one of the best rpgs ever. It plays, imho, in a completley other league than its predecessor, leaving BG1 far behind in terms of: Atmosphere, story, plot, gameplay, mechanics, level design, complexity and overall "in-the-game" feeling. It is only rivaled or surpassed by Planescape: Torment.  It also presents one of the most iconic and convincing villains in video games, second only to the all powerful, tormented, twisted, godlike entity Shodan.

Edited by oneda

oneda

I played BG 1. But i never started BG2 ToB becouse of program problems (game freezes at some piont at start) i don't have now time to do this ..(studying).

And i whoud like to play whole BG 1 and BG ToB with one character ... but now .. in BG1 Jaheria is simply pissing me off ... Even Ajantis don't piss me of like she in BG1 but from you are saing she must highly evoluve in BG2 ...

oneda

I played BG 1. But i never started BG2 ToB becouse of program problems (game freezes at some piont at start) i don't have now time to do this ..(studying).

And i whoud like to play whole BG 1 and BG ToB with one character ... but now .. in BG1 Jaheria is simply pissing me off ... Even Ajantis don't piss me of like she in BG1 but from you are saing she must highly evoluve in BG2 ...

Haha. Nah...if u dont like her then u dont like her. No shame in that!