Disney shuts down Lucas Arts

C2B

True, although I associate those titles with LucasArts overall. Alliance didn't finish the story as Antan escapes but still was great fun for me.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, the biggest things that people can remember from Disney in recent memories is Kingdom Hearts and Epic Mickey. I'd say that this gives the licensed devs a lot more freedom because they don't end up in the "Look, do it or we can your project" like Kotor2 and XWA were because their publisher isn't going to be as strapped for cash.

Like I said though, LA was at that point where it didn't know what it wanted to do. They stopped and restarted internal development, what, four times? Were I in the industry I'd not want to go near a LucasArts job because I'd think it'd be lost in another 18 months after the suits decided to kill internal development... again.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

so i guess we really will never see another TIE Fighter game :(

ah well, it wasn't going to ever happen anyway with LA the way it had become

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

so i guess we really will never see another TIE Fighter game :(

Flight simulators were very big back in the '90s. When they come back into favor I'm sure that someone will pick up the XvT/Star Wars-type space flight torch again in some manner.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

True, although I associate those titles with LucasArts overall. Alliance didn't finish the story as Antan escapes but still was great fun for me.

I actually liked that the uncle escaped haha.

Although bagging around in the Millennium Falcon was still pretty amazing.

Come to think of it, albeit 12 years too late, it is kind of cool that you don't get the bad guy in the end. :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Were I an exec right now, I'd probably use the Star Wars license to test waters for different genres. An old school adventure game under the Indiana Jones name, a new Xwing game... but I'd have to make sure they were low budget and that the controls were working properly.

Probably couldn't rely on everyone having a joystick anymore.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

fun fact: 2 years ago i bought a joystick so i could play tie fighter again, totally worth it.

• Like 3

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/03/lucasarts-rep-says-star-wars-1313-might-be-saved.aspx

"It is worth noting that we are looking for proven external partners who can help us provide video games to our fans. We still believe in the video game industry, we still will provide Star Wars games, we're just looking at different models rather than internal production... They're evaluating everything. There's always a possibility that it [star Wars 1313] can still come out via licensing."

KotOR III by Obsidian could still happen. <3

• Like 1

Really, it was all downhill after they changed their name from Lucasfilm Games. Right Bobbin Threadbare?

Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Jedi Knight? Come on. 0/10 trolling right there.

Really, it was all downhill after they changed their name from Lucasfilm Games. Right Bobbin Threadbare?

Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Jedi Knight? Come on. 0/10 trolling right there.

It wasn't trolling. Just a Lucasfilm Games reference, and an excuse to post a Loom and Zak McKracken GIF. A Maniac Mansion one wouldn't have really worked because of DOTT. Apparently Bobbin/Zak didn't work either.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Or you could have just named the games and the old name. Dull works, sometimes.

Guest The Architect

Good riddance, I've hated LucasArts ever since the way they treated Obsidian over the making of KotOR II.

The problem with selling licenses is that the company you sell them to can change hands, the product vision may change in unforeseen ways, and, as a result, the contract may end up getting tied up in courts for years. But presumably Disney has good lawyers. :disguise:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Jedi Knight 3 please

Play the Force Unleashed...

Okay, not really JK4 (JK3 was sort of released as JK academy), but still some force dude with a lightsaber hopping around.

I think they started to go downhill after the X-wing Trilogy games were finished.  Why couldn't they just give fans what the fans actually wanted...though granted I did love the Old republic 1 and 2 as well as the star wars battlefront series.