Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Update #48: Documentary News and More Arcanum

project eternity documentary adam brennecke arcanum

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Enoch

Enoch

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2989 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks for the update. Not as exciting as next week's update will be... but still.

Please ask Tim Cain to sit in on one of MCA's Arcanum sessions to give some dev commentary. That would be awesome.

That's... cruel. Would be fun though.

Cruel to Tim, maybe. 

"Seriously, dude, you thought this was a presentable RPG rules system??  I'm beginning to have second thoughts about hiring you."

• ShadySands likes this

Rostere

Rostere

Illuminatus of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1084 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I would like to propose the Chris Avellone Let's Play Arcanum Drinking Game, in which you drink whenever either Virgil or Lady Whitmore is killed.

I think these episodes have been hilarious. I am shifting between agony and laughter as I watch Chris' attempts to make sense out of the Arcanum UI, and his commentary is just great as well.

harhar!

harhar!

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

I would like to propose the Chris Avellone Let's Play Arcanum Drinking Game, in which you drink whenever either Virgil or Lady Whitmore is killed.

I don't want to die though.

Lance

Lance

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 2 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I love the playtrough, i remember being killed by wolfes multiple times before i found the use of the world map (and i thought getting xp was important, so i punished myself a little bit longer) ... ah i loved these games =)

marelooke

marelooke

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 961 posts
  • Steam:marelooke
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

What is a "scrum" in the context of game devs? Whiskey-based D&D scrums? Kickstarter finale party scrums? More green-shirt girl!! :)

Scrum is a development methodology based around short iterations (sprints). One of the hallmarks of scrum are short (~15min) daily meetings with the team where everybody gives a short status update (what have you done yesterday, what are you going to do today and what problems are there, if any), this meeting is often just called "scrum" or "daily scrum".

There's a lot more to it if you're interested.

ManifestedISO

ManifestedISO

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1775 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Scrum is a development methodology based around short iterations (sprints). One of the hallmarks of scrum are short (~15min) daily meetings with the team where everybody gives a short status update (what have you done yesterday, what are you going to do today and what problems are there, if any), this meeting is often just called "scrum" or "daily scrum".

There's a lot more to it if you're interested.

Oh wow, how interesting, thank you. That really lends an air of pre-production insider value to the documentary video.

ryukenden

ryukenden

Archwarrior of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I keep refreshing the page to see if there's an update today. Its 8:00PM pst and nothing.

judeobscure

judeobscure

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 15 posts

josh tweeted over a half an hour ago that he and adam were waiting for the video to compress..

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Kickstarter Backer

If the update is already typed (assuming it would be), any minute now I guess - they would have to wait a little bit to upload the video.

Edited by Sensuki, 09 April 2013 - 07:52 PM.

ryukenden

ryukenden

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I trying to get my paper done tonight but writing block and waiting for this is killing me,  30 minutes ago he said video compression is done. should be NOW!

Hormalakh

Hormalakh

Lone Locust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1981 posts

april fools was 8 days ago but better late than never. there's no video tonight folks! go home!

:cat:

Lephys

Lephys

Punsmith of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
We need an Oompa Loompa AND a Golden Goose Egg, STAT! 8)

Adam Brennecke

Adam Brennecke

Programmer

• Developers
  • 454 posts

The next update should be up very soon. We had difficulties with video compression tonight. I apologize for the delay.

• C2B and Hormalakh like this

Lephys

Lephys

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

The next update should be up very soon. We had difficulties with video compression tonight. I apologize for the delay.

APOLOGY, UN-... ... ... ... ... -DOUBTEDLY ACCEPTED!

The fact that you're having to put up with even more stuff, for longer than usual, just to get the video up, and you didn't just ragequit and go home for the night to keep your sanity is quite possibly one of the most appreciated gestures you can make.

It is WE who apologize... for... the blood-itching NEED for new updates. Which... you guys inflicted upon us, by being awesome. So... yes, we've made a circle. Apology: accepted! ^_^

Sensuki

Sensuki

Subway Apathist of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 9965 posts
  • Steam:STEAM_0:1:1229809
  • Kickstarter Backer

Most of the updates are usually out before ~20 minutes from now, so it's not exactly like it's 'late' or anything.

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4139 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

It's ok. But, can you finish the video/update earlier on a further occasion? Or just post it on the next day?

I basically stayed up the entire night over here in the middle of europe. And the waiting isn't fun if I could have just as well slept through the night. Just take your international fans into consideration, if possible. :)

C2B

C2B

Lazy Assistant of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 4139 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Most of the updates are usually out before ~20 minutes from now, so it's not exactly like it's 'late' or anything.

?

In my experience more like 1-3 hours ago.

Edited by C2B, 09 April 2013 - 08:13 PM.

ryukenden

ryukenden

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

It's ok. But, can you finish the video/update earlier on a further occasion? Or just post it on the next day?

I basically stayed up the entire night over here in the middle of europe. And the waiting isn't fun if I could have just as well slept through the night. Just take your international fans into consideration, if possible. :)

Post it on the next day? That's madness. But yeah, late is a little better than hold stuff to the next day.

Lephys

Lephys

• Members
  • 7245 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

If they had posted it the next day, that wouldn't change the fact that you had already stayed up so late.

I'm sure if they knew, 24 hours ago, that they were going to have trouble with it, they would've reacted accordingly.

Just be thankful for what you have. You know, there are plenty of game fans in other forums who go simply go update-less until the game comes out, and then they have to guess as to how good it is, and cross-reference game-review magazines. u_u...

NOW EAT YOUR PEAS!

/jest

Edited by Lephys, 09 April 2013 - 08:15 PM.

• Hormalakh likes this

Pandamaniac

Pandamaniac

Panda Fanatic of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I think they are being penalized enough already because of the increased bandwidth costs caused by us F5ing over and over again. They will learn from this experience.  :cat:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: project eternity, documentary, adam brennecke, arcanum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users