Heh, I'd love it if there was a some sort of reference to MCA's let's play in PE, like a lady lost in the hills because she refuses to read the map, or an ailing wolf a Ranger can tame and nurse into full health.

A naked lady. And you can say something like "Are you a wild woman from the hills?"

• Like 2

Heh, I'd love it if there was a some sort of reference to MCA's let's play in PE, like a lady lost in the hills because she refuses to read the map, or an ailing wolf a Ranger can tame and nurse into full health.

A naked lady. And you can say something like "Are you a wild woman from the hills?"

Maybe raised by elves? :p :D

• Like 2

Wolves! Thousands of 'em.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Not every update can be a mechanics update or an art update :p

I was looking forward to hearing about the documentary because they hadn't mentioned it at all really since Update 23.

Like HELL it can't!

"Hey guys! Just wanted to share some artwork with you today! Here are some doorknob concepts we've been working on. Also, today we're going to discuss the extensive UI mechanics we've been working on. See, we can't decide between a little arrow button at the side of the given UI pane, to cycle "left" and "right" between characters, or tab bars to do so. Also, let's talk puddles. Will they ripple when you step in them? Can your character dig small trenches to re-route puddles and merge them into larger bodies of water? And last certainly not least, PLUMES!!! Here are 7,000 concepts of plumes we'd like to see. Plumes will probably be the most customizable element in the entire game, surpassing all other aesthetic elements by a minimum of 1,500 options."

8)

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

It´s very nice to see some info about documentary´s progress, i was wondering what is up with that :)

Thanks for the update!

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing (George Bernard Shaw)

image-163149-full.jpg?1348680770

One might question the wisdom of making a promotional film available only to people who have already bought the product. I realise that without all the tiers the math doesn't work and much less funding would have been raised, but at some point it all starts getting a little ridiculous trying to maintain these artificial barriers.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

More green-shirt girl!! :)

Wait.. What?? What did I miss!? Guide me, oh enlightened backer!!

some (i'd like to think only a minority) people behaving incredibly immature on the final video-stream during the kickstarter against a female obsidian employee wearing a green shirt at that time

Edited by lolaldanee

More green-shirt girl!! :)

Wait.. What?? What did I miss!? Guide me, oh enlightened backer!!

some (i'd like to think only a minority) people behaving incredibly immature on the final video-stream during the kickstarter against a female obsidian employee wearing a green shirt at that time

I don't remember an incredible amount of immaturity--maybe in the alternate stream comments. I just remember it was fun watching the final countdown stream and the instant celebrity of an attractive female dev. As I recall, Adam even mentioned it to the room.   

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Thanks for the update. Not as exciting as next week's update will be... but still.

Please ask Tim Cain to sit in on one of MCA's Arcanum sessions to give some dev commentary. That would be awesome.

That's... cruel. Would be fun though.

Cruel to Tim, maybe. 

"Seriously, dude, you thought this was a presentable RPG rules system??  I'm beginning to have second thoughts about hiring you."

• Like 1

I would like to propose the Chris Avellone Let's Play Arcanum Drinking Game, in which you drink whenever either Virgil or Lady Whitmore is killed.

I think these episodes have been hilarious. I am shifting between agony and laughter as I watch Chris' attempts to make sense out of the Arcanum UI, and his commentary is just great as well.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

I love the playtrough, i remember being killed by wolfes multiple times before i found the use of the world map (and i thought getting xp was important, so i punished myself a little bit longer) ... ah i loved these games =)

What is a "scrum" in the context of game devs? Whiskey-based D&D scrums? Kickstarter finale party scrums? More green-shirt girl!! :)

Scrum is a development methodology based around short iterations (sprints). One of the hallmarks of scrum are short (~15min) daily meetings with the team where everybody gives a short status update (what have you done yesterday, what are you going to do today and what problems are there, if any), this meeting is often just called "scrum" or "daily scrum".

There's a lot more to it if you're interested.

Scrum is a development methodology based around short iterations (sprints). One of the hallmarks of scrum are short (~15min) daily meetings with the team where everybody gives a short status update (what have you done yesterday, what are you going to do today and what problems are there, if any), this meeting is often just called "scrum" or "daily scrum".

There's a lot more to it if you're interested.

Oh wow, how interesting, thank you. That really lends an air of pre-production insider value to the documentary video.

All Stop. On Screen.