Just example how Western Neocolonialism looks like in Africa.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2011/06/nigeria-the-cost-of-oil/100082/

Nigeria is very rich country with huge amount of recurses  (gas, oil, uran ) and huge populace (more than in Russia), but in difference with Russia they  can't protect yourself from First worlds predators. For fix this situation we give to them nuclear weapon soon (as we do for Iran and North Korea), and everything must be changed in near future.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201206290630.html 

Oh come on! You're selling the chinese short here, don't they also deserve recognition for their exploits? :(

• Like 2

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The United States of America has warned Nigeria not to rely on what top administration officials described as rogue nation's in it's quest to acquire nuclear technology. White House Spokeswoman, Dana Perino, said Washington was closely monitoring th e growing clamour by Abuja to join the elite group of nuclear nations with great apprehension.

"It's a concern that is shared by the administration about the spread of nuclear materials. We are also concerned about Nigeria's discussions with Iran on the acquisition of nuclear materials, when the country is in breach of a United Nation's mandate to make public it's nuclear programs," she said.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ovu_Ngwa/message/662

Vice City made me like that song, great cruise music while performing drive by shootings.

As an old Toto fan for me it was the other way 'round. That song made me like Vice City ;)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Vice City made me like that song, great cruise music while performing drive by shootings.

As an old Toto fan for me it was the other way 'round. That song made me like Vice City ;)

Vice City was the only GTA I could really get into, which I largely credit to the music.  It was the kind of soundtrack I need to inspire the sociopathy that game requires.  I'm not normally into running down pedestrians and blowing up speedboats with rocket launchers, but when the pedestrians are wearing legwarmers and Members' Only jackets, and when that speedboat is blaring Mr. Mister or Frankie Goes to Hollywood, the resulting annoyance and rage gets me into the proper GTA frame of mind.  

Anyhow, this is the only song named "Africa" worth remembering:

• Like 2

Vice City was the only GTA I could really get into, which I largely credit to the music.  It was the kind of soundtrack I need to inspire the sociopathy that game requires.  I'm not normally into running down pedestrians and blowing up speedboats with rocket launchers, but when the pedestrians are wearing legwarmers and Members' Only jackets, and when that speedboat is blaring Mr. Mister or Frankie Goes to Hollywood, the resulting annoyance and rage gets me into the proper GTA frame of mind.  

That's funny, I have the exact same feelings about the game and franchise.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I am torn between the good humor in this thread and the impending horror that its the First world's dominion over Africa. So I'll laugh and cry at the same time.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Why in the name of ungodly toad-crisps would Nigeria POSSIBLY need nukes?

Their only significant security threats are internal! WTF are they going to do? Nuke Ilorin?

It's like giving a man a shotgun when he's trying to swat away tsetse flies.

~~

ASIDE: do put mor effort in, old boy. Even 'obyk' wouldn't be proud of arming North Korea. Stay in character or you won't get XP. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Why in the name of ungodly toad-crisps would Nigeria POSSIBLY need nukes?

Their only significant security threats are internal! WTF are they going to do? Nuke Ilorin?

It's like giving a man a shotgun when he's trying to swat away tsetse flies.

~~

ASIDE: do put mor effort in, old boy. Even 'obyk' wouldn't be proud of arming North Korea. Stay in character or you won't get XP. :)

Why would anyone need nukes?

But in a post Cold war world nukes are a diplomatic platform in which you are taken more seriously than countries without that military capacity. So I guess they want them to flaunt them, wave them around and see if the world stops exploiting them.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Discussing legitimate issues from legitimate sources (oh wait, The Atlantic is American,) doesn't quite fit obyknven's MO. Are we sure this is really him? I mean, yeah, there are some token Russian nationalist statements tossed in, but this doesn't go far enough. And sure, he's implying that Russia is totally going to give Nigeria a bunch of nukes and they'll totally nuke America and win (as we all know, there are no poor or disenfranchised people in "The West," everyone here is a rich government-corporate imperialist who deserves nothing but nuclear death, especially those fiends at Obsidian Entertainment, who contribute nothing to the world but fantasy tripe to serve the imperialist-capitalist war machine's desire for entertainment, doing nothing to make the world a better place,) but it really doesn't have that je ne sais quoit...

attachicon.gifs_n14_RTR2G78D.jpg

Nigeria is very rich country with huge amount of recurses  (gas, oil, uran ) and huge populace (more than in Russia), but in difference with Russia they  can't protect yourself from First worlds predators. For fix this situation we give to them nuclear weapon soon (as we do for Iran and North Korea), and everything must be changed in near future.

If the Russians had the power, they would have done it too.

I agree with the evils of colonialism too.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

This is a bit out of character for oby. Needs more pro-Russia crap and violations of English to be believable. Maybe he got confused, between LoF or the superchristian guy and whatever other acts he uses, he does have a lot to juggle.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

attachicon.gifs_n14_RTR2G78D.jpg

As usual another post from Oby that could be relevant but due to his crusade to expose the West as a corrupt and inefficient entity it's full of incorrect facts and assumptions that aren't true, "sigh".

The Oil in the Niger delta is managed by the Nigerian government and it has made many Nigerians very wealthy. The lack of the distribution of wealth and the shocking impact on the ecosystem is due to bad management from the Nigerian government . They are trying to resolve this. This has nothing to do with Western neocolonialism. Nigeria is a friend of the West and many Western countries have major and secure investments in Nigeria.

Nigeria won't be buying Nukes, Nigeria doesn't need Nukes. This article is 5 years old and I haven't heard anything lately about Nigeria seriously wanting to invest in them.

A couple of  additional points  from my side. Nigeria is a wealthy country due to oil and I have traveled there several times for work. Its definitely a rising star in the region and carries influence over ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African Statesand the  decisions that effect the region, like the recent civil war in Mali.

Nigeria has several internal issues that they need to address. The main ones are

• The distribution of wealth from oil and ensuring that  they maintain there infrastructure. Many African  countries don't seem to realize the importance of having  working infrastructure. Nigeria is not the worst in this regard
  • There is a rise from Islamic Militants in the North of the country, these militants are responsible for terrorist attacks and several killings. They need to be stopped as this makes part of Nigeria unstable

Nigeria is a fascinating country to visit and a very important contributor towards the vision of a  unified economic  Africa. They have there challenges but they have done more good than bad in there political decisions

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Anyhow, this is the only song named "Africa" worth remembering:

Reminds me of parts of the Sacrifice soundtrack...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

• 2 months later...

White South Africans deceive aborigines again :facepalm: .

486371_335760306506766_327662166_n.jpg

http://www.pambazuka.org/en/category/features/85442

AGRI TV: Am I right in thinking that if there had been no Native Land Act the apartheid legislation might have been difficult to introduce?

MOTSOKO PHEKO: I think you are right. Before the colonial settlers enacted the Native Land Act 1913, Africans had access to fertile land. They were prosperous farmers. They could mine minerals in any part of their country. They worked for themselves. They had economic power. Their life span was not the shortest. Their child mortality was not the highest as the case is today. The British colonial government had to import Indians to come and work on their sugarcane farms. They had to tax Africans in order to force them to come and work in the mines after the discovery of gold and diamonds.

When this failed, their colonial remedy was to allocate five million Africans 7% of their own land. Africans then began to be victims of massive poverty, ignorance and diseases such as TB. They lost economic control of their country. The Native Land Act reduced Africans to a nation of servants and workers for foreigners. Today many Africans do not have even a piece of land to build themselves decent homes, let alone to do some farming or mine some minerals such as gold, platinum and diamonds for themselves. They have no money to educate their children. They are third class citizens in the country of their ancestors.

AGRI TV: The theme behind the DRDLR’s what does the latter acronym stand for campaign is ‘Reverse the Legacy’ of the 1913 Native Land Act? Is it possible to reverse the so-called Legacy of the Native Land Act 1913?

MOTSOKO PHEKO: Why was it not reversed in the first place in CODESA ‘negotiations’ and in the 1996 Constitution? Can this country afford not to reverse this glaring colonial and economic injustice? This so-called legacy is genocide. It has created massive poverty among the African people. The consequences of not reversing the Native Land Act 1913 are deadly.
 Poverty is the mother of revolutions. The Marikana Massacre of 16 August 2012 under the ANC government is a wakeup call for this country, to get its act together. There must be equitable redistribution of land and its resources in Azania (South Africa). This must be according to population numbers.

The Native Land Act 1913 in South Africa is the colonial sister of the Balfour Declaration of 2nd November 1917 through which the British colonial government dispossessed 92 percent of the Palestinian people of their land.

Good example of difference between political reforms and revolution. Bah-blah, democracy, blah-blah human rigths, my toilet is dirty - clean it untermench!

Again, stay in character. You're supposed to be playing a Russian supremacist with neo-fascist leanings. If you don't be more consistent I will begin making SAN checks for 1D4/2 loss each instance.

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Again, stay in character. You're supposed to be playing a Russian supremacist with neo-fascist leanings. If you don't be more consistent I will begin making SAN checks for 1D4/2 loss each instance.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

Incredible level of ignorance. Defending Acfrican and Native American bro's is traditional sport of Russian supermacists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolay_Leontiev

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Italo-Ethiopian_War

http://www.katari.org/archives/juan-belaieff-ruso-en-paraguay

Though i understand why anglo-saxon colonialists can't understand such behaviour. Our National idea too alien and difficult for them.