The Kickstarter thread (PnP edition)

rjshae

Another update:

40cf8f59d7f3915dea1948bd3e5b7cb7_large.j

2840a87004fa0c840171d88be0ddda98_large.j

• Chronicles of Ramlar RPG, Pathfinder Edition -- Chronicles of Ramlar RPG comes to Pathfinder! Explore the exciting world of Eranon with innovative game mechanics like One-Roll Combat! $1,173 with 32 days to go.
  • Fear The Living RPG -- The world you knew is gone, consumed by the hungry dead. This is the story of what happens next. $1,972 with 22 days to go.
  • The Lost Territories -- Tabletop RPG with a unique character system, strange powers, and a gorgeous setting. Flintlocks and fireballs, together at last. $2,602 with 21 days to go.

088531adc69823e04c816710aa539b50_large.j

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 2 weeks later...

• Fragged Empire, Tabletop RPG -- "Betrayed by your creators, you are a genetically engineered remnant emerging from the ruin of genocidal war…" Succeeding at $72,857 with 8 days to go.

1b1be1e0d2ccb3256d14832e6e558c9e_large.j

• Barbarians of Lemuria: Mythic Edition -- "Barbarians of Lemuria: Mythic Edition - fast, rules-lite, sword and sorcery roleplaying in the Lands of Lemuria." Succeeding at £5,014 with 16 days to go

ef2698253046ce0099afa0367e2dd0a3_large.j

81e6fde73ea760ddb9a96ffe6ed0fa42_large.j

abe11cd0ef155d89535b1250a5611907_large.j

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

f647c856986daebc2224df4be863bda9_large.p

13th Age in Glorantha by Rob Heinsoo Games

"13th Age in Glorantha is a hardbound full-color 196+ page roleplaying supplement that brings the award-winning 13th Age rules to Greg Stafford’s mythic world of Glorantha."

Currently succeeding at $73,804 with 20 days to go.

a287fa54147f987ca635e6506bbd600e_large.j

The Last Parsec -- Savage Worlds

"A sci-fi setting of planetary exploration and adventure using the Savage Worlds rules"

There's a downloadable 'primer' here.

Currently succeeding at $16,211 with 29 days to go.

• 1 month later...

Paranoia RPG -- "Paranoia is a roleplaying game set in a darkly humorous future. In Paranoia, a well-meaning but deranged computer desperately protects the citizens of an underground warren from all sorts of real and imagined enemies. You play one of The Computer's elite agents. Your job is to search out and destroy the enemies of The Computer. Your worst fear is that The Computer will discover that you are one of these enemies."

Succeeding at £33,356 with 39 days to go.

9adf0f941a8beeb7fa3ff506604bfdac_large.j

Paranoia RPG -- "Paranoia is a roleplaying game set in a darkly humorous future. In Paranoia, a well-meaning but deranged computer desperately protects the citizens of an underground warren from all sorts of real and imagined enemies. You play one of The Computer's elite agents. Your job is to search out and destroy the enemies of The Computer. Your worst fear is that The Computer will discover that you are one of these enemies."

Succeeding at £33,356 with 39 days to go.

9adf0f941a8beeb7fa3ff506604bfdac_large.j

Thank you so much for posting this!

I've been looking to get into Paranoia for a very long time, but had been unable to find anything with a reasonable price tag on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Night Witches by Bully Pulpet Games. "Night Witches is a tabletop RPG about Soviet airwomen during World War Two, flying daring night time bombing missions in biplanes." Succeeding with $37K.

02acb4af2260d1511833ebdecc962752_large.j

• The Underground: A Sam & Fuzzy RPG by Damocles Thread Development. "The Underground: A Sam & Fuzzy Role-Playing Game is a tabletop RPG created by Damocles Thread Development and cartoonist Sam Logan, using mechanics built from the ground up and tailored to the unique universe of the Sam & Fuzzy comic book." Currently at $14,483 with 28 days to go.
  • Vow of Honor RPG by Sigil Stone Publishing. "Vow of Honor is a tabletop roleplaying game focusing on the Arbiters of Fasann: icons of justice sworn to the Tenets of Honor. It's a game designed specifically for one reason: to play skilled warrior judges sworn to a strict honor code in a world full of dishonor. The system and the setting are unique and designed to fully support one another, and playing as an Arbiter is often a resonating experience. You get to be a hero (fallen or not), and the game supports and encourages that." Presently at $1,866 with 23 days to go.

6c8b9fa032b97f8eb246fffea87683e7_large.p

Edited by rjshae

• The Underground: A Sam & Fuzzy RPG by Damocles Thread Development. "The Underground: A Sam & Fuzzy Role-Playing Game is a tabletop RPG created by Damocles Thread Development and cartoonist Sam Logan, using mechanics built from the ground up and tailored to the unique universe of the Sam & Fuzzy comic book." Currently at $14,483 with 28 days to go.
I love Sam and Fuzzy, but...something that's been bothering me is that there seems to be zero explanation of the actual game mechanics. Am I just missing it on the Kickstarter page? Pretty sure I've read through the entire page a few times to see if I've missed something, and there's nothing there. Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• 4 weeks later...

74b038ba626b4223f3b03cc3e0944790_large.j

86e0799662ba01e95abd3288147b617e_large.j

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this fits here as it's a board game, but anyway, here goes.  Conan board game by Monolith Board Games.

70 hours left as of this writing.  This one is already INSANELY successful having asked for $80,000 and it's gotten over 2 million.  A ridiculous amount of stretch goals has been unlocked and each means more miniatures and character sheets free for everyone.  I don't know how they're going to fit all of this into one box.  I've been following this for a while and pledged to it yesterday for the King Box.  I'm a huge fan of the Conan setting and how fraught with debauchery, lust, and selfishness it is.  I also love asymmetrical games (this one is 1 vs 1 to 4).  Keep in mind that you'll likely be looking at an additional $35 or $45 (if you live in the States or Europe) or more for shipping in addition to the cost.  Still, the amount of stuff that you get for the price is freakin' astounding.  I have thoughts of painting all the miniatures, but that's going to take months of work.  :grin:

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well it's not exactly for a game, but this Kickstarter might be of interest to sci-fi fans:

Save the Sci-Fi: The Next Generation

Their goal is to track down out of circulation sci-fi books, clear the copyright, then scan them and make them available as an e-book. They try to do one book per month, and have restored 36 books thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

• Shadowcraft: The Glamour War -- "As a player in Shadowcraft: The Glamour War, you will be a highly trained shadow agent and engage in clandestine actions and operations against the dark court of Kormil. Able to draw from innate magic, powerful fighting abilities, and honed skills, you alone are equipped to step from the shadows to fight the darkness. Each Agent will be assigned, or be able to craft, artifacts to aid you in your missions. These items are of lesser power than the Fae relics of the past; nevertheless, they are potent boons in The Glamour War." Presently at $5,260/$12,500 with 24 days to go.

Dead Scare -- "is a tabletop roleplaying game that explores an alternate United States in the early 1950s. It's Powered by the Apocalypse and combines subverted 1950s American idealism with a blood-spattered zombie apocalypse." Presently at $3,692/$10,000 with 19 days to go.

FAITH: The Sci-Fi RPG -- "A thousand years from now humanity drove itself to the point of almost extintion and was enslaved by the Corvo. Then they came across the Iz'kal, Now the two species fight a cold war for the control of the Labyrinth, while humanity struggles for survival." Presently at £11,232/£30,000 with 20 days to go.

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody here likes OSR games and swords & sorcery in particular, then this might be of interest:

Crypts & Things Remastered

It sounds like the right approach; using KS, to fund new art, and revising and expanding the existing content into a bigger, better version of the old. Judging from the beta of the new remastered version (available to anyone who backs the Kickstarter) Newt Newton is on the right track (He's also the author of the excellent OpenQuest rules).

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I know the computer game had some fans, so I thought I'd post about this -

DEADLY PREMONITION: THE BOARD GAME

is now up on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/615312068/deadly-premonition-the-board-game

Video Game creator Swery is behind the project, from a new group of board game designers.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...